Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Can someone please tell me how to effectively use twitter?

I'm not an idiot, but for some reason I just haven't grasped how to use twitter at all other than commenting on someone else's tweets. Can someone please explain to me how I can use it for promotion and let people know what I'm up to, sincerely and not be condescending, unless you are totally joking AND give me some useful info? PLEASE?

Comments

• Twitter just told me that it was my 11 year anniversary on the platform. My first thought was "¿WTFF? Twitter has been around for over a decade?? WHY?"

I have absolutely no idea how to use twtr, sry.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @thesoundtestroom said:
    @bedheadproducer What is your Twitter name

Pattiman2009
    How are things Doug ? Man you crank out videos fast and regular . It wasn’t until I started doing them that I realized how time consuming it can be . Can’t wait to get in the swing of making them as quickly as you . I think I’m over thinking them ...lol

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited September 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I think the best way to use Twitter is to build Twitter lists. I have a several Twitter lists here:

https://mobile.twitter.com/originaldjb/lists

I check my “VIP list“ once or twice a day.

I also view my entire Twitter feed in Flipboard. Flipboard‘s algorithm surface of the best stories from my overall list.

If the list of people follow is big enough, also try Nuzzel.com. It surfaces of the best stories from your Twitter feed.

Finally, twitters new algorithm for your feed is actually pretty good. It serves the “best“ tweets in your feed. Keep in mind this is contradictory to the original ethos of Twitter, where are you sought every tweet every person you follow. You can revert back to this mode if you like.

• edited September 2018

Here’s how my Flipboard looks:

P.s. bad coincidence with a Judge Rapey and “fan of”

• Yep, I use Twitter as a research tool, like @johnfromberkeley.

You add Twitter accounts to the lists you are interested in. For me, subjects are things like iOS musicians, cyber security, science, etc and you just dig in when you want to catch up with what people are sharing. It is a very effective and focused tool. I love it. I hardly ever post though. I tend to use Instagram more for my own posts.

• @bedheadproducer I’m good thanks man, I shall go and follow you on the Twitters, then I can retweet stuff yo post there, I have no clue why but everyone is on Twitter, it’s a really entertaining place, just takes time to get into

• I’m going to follow your advice after I take a nap ...if I can just get rid of this one fly !

• Hi,

I work in marketing mostly in social media and paid ads, and have spent the past year and a half helping a friend of mine that is a hip hop artists promoting his channels and music, and what I can say based on my own experience is that we don't really use twitter, we focus on Facebook and Instagram, and what I can tell you that has been a constant for us, is that IG being a more visual network, that focuses on images and videos and not so much on the text, has worked better for us, it allows to connect better and promote what our main goal is, the music, with stories, news feed... it has worked better than FB, and (and this is only an feeling) twitter being a more "text-focused" social network, can be harder for a starting musician that wants to grow his/hers community...

Having said that, what we have found on our posts and ads is that first of all content is key, you have to be really appealing, eye catching. We learned that normal life photos, photos that show you as a regular dude like everyone else, with a nice background usually get more likes than a concert photo, no matter how cool the photo is, which was somehow strange for me, but what can you do?

when publishing videos for a song, what I can say is that, if you trust your lyrics and have some really powerful phrases in there, put the lyrics or the phrase in the video of your song, whether is a story or a feed video, adding the lyrics we thought were good, really increased or number of clicks. in this case in particular, but was also useful for creating promotional images, we used some tools to produce more professional content. I do some design, but I am in no way a pro, so tools like canva or, in our case what we used was placeit because it has a specific section just of templates for musicians and bands that are quite useful. We made some images to promote gigs, but mainly we made short videos for stories and the news feed, that looked really good and gave the impression to have a lot of production, which like I said early on, eye-catching content is key.

These are just my 2 cents, I hope it can be of any help.

• @prod00 said:
    Hi,

I work in marketing mostly in social media and paid ads, and have spent the past year and a half helping a friend of mine that is a hip hop artists promoting his channels and music, and what I can say based on my own experience is that we don't really use twitter, we focus on Facebook and Instagram, and what I can tell you that has been a constant for us, is that IG being a more visual network, that focuses on images and videos and not so much on the text, has worked better for us, it allows to connect better and promote what our main goal is, the music, with stories, news feed... it has worked better than FB, and (and this is only an feeling) twitter being a more "text-focused" social network, can be harder for a starting musician that wants to grow his/hers community...

Having said that, what we have found on our posts and ads is that first of all content is key, you have to be really appealing, eye catching. We learned that normal life photos, photos that show you as a regular dude like everyone else, with a nice background usually get more likes than a concert photo, no matter how cool the photo is, which was somehow strange for me, but what can you do?

when publishing videos for a song, what I can say is that, if you trust your lyrics and have some really powerful phrases in there, put the lyrics or the phrase in the video of your song, whether is a story or a feed video, adding the lyrics we thought were good, really increased or number of clicks. in this case in particular, but was also useful for creating promotional images, we used some tools to produce more professional content. I do some design, but I am in no way a pro, so tools like canva or, in our case what we used was placeit because it has a specific section just of templates for musicians and bands that are quite useful. We made some images to promote gigs, but mainly we made short videos for stories and the news feed, that looked really good and gave the impression to have a lot of production, which like I said early on, eye-catching content is key.

These are just my 2 cents, I hope it can be of any help.

SPAM

• For me the only way to use social media is not at all.