Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Nanostudio 2 update

Comments

• @Cib said:

@Kühl said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    I have already sent my begging letter to Santa.

To Santa, I’ve sent “an offer he can’t resist” this year... he obviously was too fat for my chimney in 2017 😊 🍪 🎅

Maybe he still stucks in there?

I really hope not. He should be home in his carpentry and hammering out a new iPad Pro X Mas edition 🌲
    But we’ll see when the cold sets in, when I throw some logs on the fire 😆

• edited October 2018

@Kühl said:

@Cib said:

@Kühl said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

To Santa, I’ve sent “an offer he can’t resist” this year... he obviously was too fat for my chimney in 2017 😊 🍪 🎅

I really hope not. He should be home in his carpentry and hammering out a new iPad Pro X Mas edition 🌲

That’s the elves in Chinese factory’s making the iPad Pro Xmas edition, they even get tinsel on the suicide nets!

• @mireko_2 said:

@Kühl said:

@Cib said:

@Kühl said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

That’s the elves in Chinese factory’s making the iPad Pro Xmas edition, they even get tinsel on the suicide nets!

Tariffs against Santa is the American solution 😂

• Santa’s has been unfairly under-cutting the Christmas gift market for decades.

• The latest on NS2:

“The latest news from me is that I'm aiming to submit in mid-November, with the hope that the app will be ready for sale early December.

After I submit the app, that gives me 2-3 weeks to update the website and forum, and hopefully enough time for one or two turnarounds in the meantime if Apple reject the app and I need to fix stuff. I reckon there's a reasonable chance it might be rejected first time round as it's a complex app which interfaces with a lot of other things. Although I might get lucky.”

• Should be a fun Christmas....

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Should be a fun Christmas....

• Weeeeeeee !!!!

• @anickt said:
    The latest on NS2:

“The latest news from me is that I'm aiming to submit in mid-November, with the hope that the app will be ready for sale early December.

After I submit the app, that gives me 2-3 weeks to update the website and forum, and hopefully enough time for one or two turnarounds in the meantime if Apple reject the app and I need to fix stuff. I reckon there's a reasonable chance it might be rejected first time round as it's a complex app which interfaces with a lot of other things. Although I might get lucky.”

Why would they reject it? How will they know there are things needing fixed - is there a little team of iOS muso testers with a keen eye for a decimal point that will spot something that developers and beta testers have missed?
    And if they are so circumspect why do they allow apps to remain on sale in the store for so long with untreated identified bugs?
    I have been wondering about this sort of thing for some time now 🤔🧐🙂

• @robosardine said:

@anickt said:
    The latest on NS2:

Why would they reject it? How will they know there are things needing fixed - is there a little team of iOS muso testers with a keen eye for a decimal point that will spot something that developers and beta testers have missed?
    And if they are so circumspect why do they allow apps to remain on sale in the store for so long with untreated identified bugs?

AFAIK Apple is not looking for bugs but for things which meet certain specs for apps in general. A dev could probably explain.

• is this going to be a subscription app? please tell me no..

• @99476598326 said:
    is this going to be a subscription app? please tell me no..

No.

• @anickt said:

@robosardine said:

@anickt said:
    The latest on NS2:

AFAIK Apple is not looking for bugs but for things which meet certain specs for apps in general. A dev could probably explain.

Ah right- got you- the bugs can sneak through undetected even right under the pulsing damp nostrils of the apple sniffer dogs- but the app has to meet a set criteria of other software type things.

• edited November 2018

Well tonight I’m loading up an iPhone 5C with about 800mb of samples, gonna try and make it a “Nano-vember” and post a Nanostudio beat every night in November.
    Anyone interested in joining me please post on Instagram with #nanonovember next month.

Until then...so long people, catch you in the sequel.

• @99476598326 said:

No. This dev is too cool for that. Users begged him to do a tip jar or IAP’s to throw money at him because of how great the app is.

• @anickt said:

@99476598326 said:

No. This dev is too cool for that. Users begged him to do a tip jar or IAP’s to throw money at him because of how great the app is.

good to know. i necer used nano studio but the talk on this forum is making me desire the sequel.

• @99476598326 said:

@anickt said:

@99476598326 said:

good to know. i necer used nano studio but the talk on this forum is making me desire the sequel.

If you have a mac(not sure about PC) you can download a free version of NS1 to try out to get a taste of the sequencer and workflow - looks like ns2 builds upon the same flow

• @Halftone said:

@99476598326 said:

@anickt said:

@99476598326 said:

If you have a mac(not sure about PC) you can download a free version of NS1 to try out to get a taste of the sequencer and workflow - looks like ns2 builds upon the same flow

PC too.

• @Halftone said:

@99476598326 said:

@anickt said:

@99476598326 said:

Is it a free full version?

• @99476598326 said:

@Halftone said:

@99476598326 said:

@anickt said:

@99476598326 said:

Can't remember if it's 4 tracks or 16. It's been about 5-6 years since I used it

• @Halftone said:

@99476598326 said:

@Halftone said:

@99476598326 said:

@anickt said:

@99476598326 said:

Can't remember if it's 4 tracks or 16. It's been about 5-6 years since I used it

Full version 8 tracks I think

• @anickt said:

@Halftone said:

@99476598326 said:

@Halftone said:

@99476598326 said:

@anickt said:

@99476598326 said:

Full version 8 tracks I think

My macbook is so old, it may not even be worth the attempt, I'll just wait for NS2

• Win/Mac version was 16 tracks I think, it’s 1:1 with what’s on iOS. I recall moving back and forth between an iPhone 4 and my Windows desktop at the time - it was pretty wild. Unless a machine is from the Stone Age I’d suspect the desktop version will run, keep in mind the iPhone 4 kept up pretty well :)

• NanoStudio is so well optimzed it would run on an Atari ST. :)

• There are various reasons to get rejected. I got a reject for Samplist's latest update because I used an iPhone X in the screenshots, and it appeared on older iPhones also :|

Like really? I've been using those screenshots since launch. Sometimes the reviewers are super dooper and sometimes they're just plain stupid.

• @Cib said:
    NanoStudio is so well optimzed it would run on an Atari ST. :)

Here it is on my old iPhone 5C... #nanonovember

If you notice, it only peaks around 18% CPU usage with 7 midi tracks playing simultaneously. This is with recorded automations on 4 of the tracks, 2 separate fx send tracks, and a master compressor.

• I did this in NS1 6 years ago on my iPhone 3GS on a flight home:

https://soundcloud.com/dreznicek/getbackup

• @alecsbuga said:
    There are various reasons to get rejected. I got a reject for Samplist's latest update because I used an iPhone X in the screenshots, and it appeared on older iPhones also :|

Like really? I've been using those screenshots since launch. Sometimes the reviewers are super dooper and sometimes they're just plain stupid.

Holy Platform Fragmentation Batman! IOS is now approaching Android-levels of fragmentation. They really need to slow their roll.

• @drez said:
    I did this in NS1 6 years ago on my iPhone 3GS on a flight home:

That sounds amazing! I’d forgotten just how good it was on the phone.

I really like that style of music, nice work!! 👍🏻

This discussion has been closed.