Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Nanostudio 2 update

Comments

• @mireko_2 : It’s gonna have a sampler , no?

• Gonna wait till audio support before buying

• wimwim
    edited October 2018

@fattigman said:
    Gonna wait till audio support before buying

Just curious. What is the reasoning here? That is ... if you don’t mind my asking.

Personally, I won’t be fully satisfied with it until it does have audio tracks support, but I’m sure I can get use out of it in many other ways until then. Examples: Gadget (though now it does), GrooveRider, Electribe Wave, Modstep ... all of which I use and enjoy all the time and would have been my loss if I was holding out for one feature or another.

Not saying you shouldn’t wait - but also not getting the throught process right off.

• @Telstar5 said:
    @mireko_2 : It’s gonna have a sampler , no?

Yes, one with up to 3 velocity layers, maybe not as deep as the one in BM3 but most likely easier to use and good enough in most cases.

• Somebody in this forum referred to themselves as a “completist “.. ha ha I thought that was brilliant . I am too I suppose . I too will wait for the audio.

• I won't be waiting for audio. I'll be using the interim to get to grips with NS2. If I can level up to 'almost competent' before audio tracks drop, I'll be happy.

• As long as it's got a sampler that can start record/sampling in sync with the rest of the app it's good enough for me.

I mean Renoise (My all time favourite tracker) doesn't have 'audio tracks' but it can handle looooooooooong samples that can be recorded in synch with the track, SunVox can do this too...

Then it's just a matter of triggering the sample where the playback should start.

So AudioTracks will definitely be something I can live without for starters.
    (When CPU starts to crawl, re-sample instrument patterns and trigger them as samples).

• @wim said:

@fattigman said:
    Gonna wait till audio support before buying

Just curious. What is the reasoning here? That is ... if you don’t mind my asking.

Personally, I won’t be fully satisfied with it until it does have audio tracks support, but I’m sure I can get use out of it in many other ways until then. Examples: Gadget (though now it does), GrooveRider, Electribe Wave, Modstep ... all of which I use and enjoy all the time and would have been my loss if I was holding out for one feature or another.

Not saying you shouldn’t wait - but also not getting the throught process right off.

Hmmmmm. Well I did not realize this would not have Audio Tracks. I won’t buy it either. This is a bummer as I really wanted a liner daw that would be complete and stable. But then again am begging to think my daw is becoming Xequence into Gadget. 😬

• Will audio tracks definitely not be in the initial release? I seem to recall that around this time last year, this was the case, but I had thought with the delayed release that this feature would be there. If not, any idea as to how long this might take?

• If i can run 30+ tracks on a new device i‘m fine with MIDI.
    Really get excited more and more. There are only 2 DAW‘s i want to use. Logic on mac and NS2 on iOS.
    Happy days coming...

• @Cib said:
    If i can run 30+ tracks on a new device i‘m fine with MIDI.
    Really get excited more and more. There are only 2 DAW‘s i want to use. Logic on mac and NS2 on iOS.
    Happy days coming...

Happy days indeed. I keep checking the NanoStudio Forums page for updates. hehehehe

• @ALB said:
    Will audio tracks definitely not be in the initial release? I seem to recall that around this time last year, this was the case, but I had thought with the delayed release that this feature would be there. If not, any idea as to how long this might take?

No, 100% not in initial release, but it is planned as top-prio after initial release (together with iPhone version) .. so i hink it makes no sense to wait, becuase there will be enough time (for months) to discover all build in features which WILL be there from first release until audio tracks IAP will arrive :)

@Chaztrip said:
    Hmmmmm. Well I did not realize this would not have Audio Tracks. I won’t buy it either. This is a bummer as I really wanted a liner daw that would be complete and stable. But then again am begging to think my daw is becoming Xequence into Gadget. 😬

What sense makes this ? You will not buy NS2 because it doesn't have audio tracks, you will instead of this use other sequencer, which even doesn't have synth/sampler/AU build in :-) You still can feed Gadget FROM NS2 :-)

• @wim said:

I’m looking forward NS2 but for me audio is very important because I use vocals in all my songs. I’ll definitely buy it but I’ll use other more ”complete” till audio is implemented.

• @dendy said:

@ALB said:
    Will audio tracks definitely not be in the initial release? I seem to recall that around this time last year, this was the case, but I had thought with the delayed release that this feature would be there. If not, any idea as to how long this might take?

No, 100% not in initial release, but it is planned as top-prio after initial release (together with iPhone version) .. so i hink it makes no sense to wait, becuase there will be enough time (for months) to discover all build in features which WILL be there from first release until audio tracks IAP will arrive :)

Thanks for clarifying. I planned to get it anyway when it drops, but was, like some others, hoping that it would be in there from the get-go. Not a huge deal, as it will be available later.

• You still could use Slate (the pads) to trigger audio.

• @iansainsbury said:
    I won't be waiting for audio. I'll be using the interim to get to grips with NS2. If I can level up to 'almost competent' before audio tracks drop, I'll be happy.

Bing bing bing.

• Hopefully Matt makes his money’s worth, I got a hell of a lot of use out of NS1 so I’m ahead anyway

Amen. Feel the same.

@Cib said:
    You still could use Slate (the pads) to trigger audio.

Yep. Worked for tons of us in NS1 (not to mention a jillion older hardware sampler based songs), it'll still work for tons of us in NS2. Not that I'm not looking forward to traditional audio tracks.

• Every DAW has disappointed me in some way. I'm hoping NS2 is "the one"...

• @Cib said:

Ok - but (and this is from someone who knows very little about this app) how would one make a finished audio project? Just record into AUM or AB3 into AudioShare?

• @dendy said:

@Chaztrip said:

What sense makes this ? You will not buy NS2 because it doesn't have audio tracks, you will instead of this use other sequencer, which even doesn't have synth/sampler/AU build in :-) You still can feed Gadget FROM NS2 :-)

Sorry my poor attempt at humor. No wink 😉 faces.

It’s a instabuy for me. 😂

• edited October 2018

@ALB said:

@Cib said:

Ok - but (and this is from someone who knows very little about this app) how would one make a finished audio project? Just record into AUM or AB3 into AudioShare?

Just make a Mixdown of project to a .wav file. NS2 will spit out a .wav of final project. No need to record to another app, that I can see.

You can record audio into the pads. The pads get sequenced to start/stop as needed. So the Slate (like TRG on NS1) pads can be used like audio tracks. It’s really pretty easy. Unless I misunderstood your question.

• @Slam_Cut said:

@ALB said:

@Cib said:

Just make a Mixdown of project to a .wav file. NS2 will spit out a .wav of final project. No need to record to another app, that I can see.

You can record audio into the pads. The pads get sequenced to start/stop as needed. So the Slate (like TRG on NS1) pads can be used like audio tracks. It’s really pretty easy. Unless I misunderstood your question.

No, you didn’t misunderstand. I’m just showing my ignorance, as I do not have NS1 and know nothing about Slate . This is good info. Thanks!

• I do hope there are some clever UI/workflow enhancement features and it’s not just “here’s some REALLY good versions of standard things you’ve seen before a thousand times”. Which would be fine actually, but I like it when devs put new twists on things that make it more fun

• edited October 2018

It’s going to be fun had a leg in my horror museum. Anybody knows the regular price of one of these...?
    Just to start saving for bet...
    :trollface:

• @ALB said:
    No, you didn’t misunderstand. I’m just showing my ignorance, as I do not have NS1 and know nothing about Slate . This is good info. Thanks!

You’re welcome! You can check out the Blip Interactive.co.uk website for more info. I think the old version of NS1 is still available as a download for PC (not sure about Mac). If you are curious about the app. It was really ahead of it’s time on iOS.

• @Slam_Cut said:

@ALB said:

You’re welcome! You can check out the Blip Interactive.co.uk website for more info. I think the old version of NS1 is still available as a download for PC (not sure about Mac). If you are curious about the app. It was really ahead of it’s time on iOS.

Mac version available too.

• I understand why audio tracks are important, but there is a workaround for the time being: just load the audio into the sampler and trigger it from there. Yes it's an extra step but doesn't seem like such a big deal as I first thought.

I remember when all you had was a midi workstation and this was how you did it! ;)

• The audio on TRG pads workaround was easy enough with NS1, actually felt a lot like a groovebox workflow (but with a much nicer sequencer than any groovebox I’ve used). I’m very excited for NS2!

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    I have already sent my begging letter to Santa.

To Santa, I’ve sent “an offer he can’t resist” this year... he obviously was too fat for my chimney in 2017 😊 🍪 🎅

• @Kühl said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    I have already sent my begging letter to Santa.

To Santa, I’ve sent “an offer he can’t resist” this year... he obviously was too fat for my chimney in 2017 😊 🍪 🎅

Maybe he still stucks in there?

This discussion has been closed.