Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Nanostudio 2 update

Comments

• @kinkujin said:

@AudioGus said:

@dendy said:

@Telstar5 said:
    I hope this thing has a sequencer that programs odd single bars, 3/4, 5/4 inside of 44

Not only that, there will be possible to automate time signature ! Look at those 2 screenshots, looks like any imaginable time signature weirdness is possible (check that normal note / half note / triplet note switch in right bottom corner of grid settings :))

Dayum! That's just... dayum!

Dying to see that sample editor.

Dunno if this helps or not but read this ...

http://forums.blipinteractive.co.uk/node/11956?page=6

Yah I have seen that and it does look usable. :) I am curious about the wav editor component and how it integrates into specifying ranges on the keys. ie. does it need to be destructible editing where the wav has to be cropped or can the 60 min samples that it apparently supports just stream and you can simply highlight ranges for key assignment. For me how I use the 'sampler' in BM3 is more an audio clip editor / arranger given the absence of decent audio tracks / audio clips.

• @dendy : WOW! Thanks, glad I asked!

• @Dawdles said:

@anickt said:

@Dawdles said:

@mindscaper said:

@Dubbylabby said:

@mindscaper said:

@wim said:
    And then the dopes who bitch about all the “hype” as if the developer pumped it up himself. I kinda wish everyone would cool it just a little.

Nothing wrong here, people just happy and excited about something good

If anyone gets irritated then that is a sad thing

Irritation comes after release when hype turns into deception... or when release delays another bunch of months aka year
    Almost this time we can enterntain us at ebay if the thing goes the second path :lol:

I don’t think there is any deception

This dev always does what he says unlike intua who promised universal BM3 and are not even communicating with customers

Touché

Lol. Yeah let’s be more grateful/admirable of an app that doesn’t exist yet than for one that does...and somehow use the unreleased app as a measure of good customer support. Warped PoV.

Not warped at all. Gratefulness, admiration and customer support commentary has been based on experience with NS1 and in looking forward to the new version NS2 which does exist but hasn’t been released yet.

I still think it’s a nonsense comparison. I’m doing infinitely more atm with BM3 in its current state than I am with NS2....and I have been for over a year now.

People have short memories, bm3 received bunch of big updates already and it’s only been out a year.

I don’t see the sense or point in saying ‘oh Intua sucks today because ns1 had amazing customer support’. That’s a lifetime ago...

Im interested in ns2 but until it’s out I’m not gonna hate on another dev or app in comparison.

All a waste of energy in any case..

I get it. I have nothing against Intua. BM3 is a great product. Too much choice!

• I love the fact that Beatmaker vs Nanostudio debate is still going strong after ten long years :D

• @MobileMusic said:
    .> @Jose_Bee said:

Software development rule of thumb take the initial estimate and x it by two or three........

For 1-man team / indie developers. Not for large companies

LOL, correct. Make it x by 4 or 5 in a large company.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@MobileMusic said:
    .> @Jose_Bee said:

Software development rule of thumb take the initial estimate and x it by two or three........

For larger project pi seems to be a good factor no matter the size of the comapny. So take the initial estimate times 3.14 and you get a pretty good guess

• At the end of the day, I will support blipinteractive by purchasing NS2 day one of release...it’s an instabuy. Bm3, however, will still be right there on my iPad! Bm2 on my iPhone! I don’t believe people should pit bm3 vs ns2...it’s really apples and oranges all day. Beatmaker3 is sample based bliss rivaling the mpclive at every step, not bad for a 30.00 app going head to head with a 1200.00 box? Nanostudio is going to be strong at sequencing and strong at synthesis, and at a price that is probably embarrassing to a comparable hardware item or three. I say support this man’s hard work; come out and give him your money! There is no doubt it will be worth ten times the value he puts on it... And it’s icon will sit right next to the bm3 icon on my iPad...period!

Sometimes people irk me over 20-30 dollar apps... why can’t you own both, why is it a battle? Why would anyone care? I would have freaked out to have had thumb jam when I started doing music...hell any of it. =)

Come on ns2!
    Take my money

• I really loved the effects in ns1, I hope these are the same or better!

• Best quarterback is always the guy on the bench...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Best quarterback is always the guy on the bench...

Put em in coach!

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Best quarterback is always the guy on the bench...

Put em in coach!

Got two words for ya...

• @mindscaper said:

@Dubbylabby said:

@mindscaper said:

@wim said:
    And then the dopes who bitch about all the “hype” as if the developer pumped it up himself. I kinda wish everyone would cool it just a little.

Irritation comes after release when hype turns into deception... or when release delays another bunch of months aka year
    Almost this time we can enterntain us at ebay if the thing goes the second path :lol:

This dev always does what he says unlike intua who promised universal BM3 and are not even communicating with customers

Touché

I think @mathieugarcia is doing exactly what he said he would. I’m going to keep the faith because, well, it’s more fun that way. :wink:

• @MrSmileZ said:
    At the end of the day, I will support blipinteractive by purchasing NS2 day one of release...it’s an instabuy. Bm3, however, will still be right there on my iPad! Bm2 on my iPhone! I don’t believe people should pit bm3 vs ns2...it’s really apples and oranges all day. Beatmaker3 is sample based bliss rivaling the mpclive at every step, not bad for a 30.00 app going head to head with a 1200.00 box? Nanostudio is going to be strong at sequencing and strong at synthesis, and at a price that is probably embarrassing to a comparable hardware item or three. I say support this man’s hard work; come out and give him your money! There is no doubt it will be worth ten times the value he puts on it... And it’s icon will sit right next to the bm3 icon on my iPad...period!

Sometimes people irk me over 20-30 dollar apps... why can’t you own both, why is it a battle? Why would anyone care? I would have freaked out to have had thumb jam when I started doing music...hell any of it. =)

Come on ns2!
    Take my money

+1
    Good points Mr SmileZ!!

• @gusgranite said:

@mindscaper said:

@Dubbylabby said:

@mindscaper said:

@wim said:

Touché

I think @mathieugarcia is doing exactly what he said he would. I’m going to keep the faith because, well, it’s more fun that way. :wink:

That was 7-8 months ago

I see there is some anxiety from some regarding the update and no doubt many would have emailed or pm’d him and thus far no reply

Only thing from him is some tweet about needing graphics for a new project

Kind of rude don’t u think?

If I saw anxiety in my customer base I’d communicate back

• @Slam_Cut said:

@MrSmileZ said:
    At the end of the day, I will support blipinteractive by purchasing NS2 day one of release...it’s an instabuy. Bm3, however, will still be right there on my iPad! Bm2 on my iPhone! I don’t believe people should pit bm3 vs ns2...it’s really apples and oranges all day. Beatmaker3 is sample based bliss rivaling the mpclive at every step, not bad for a 30.00 app going head to head with a 1200.00 box? Nanostudio is going to be strong at sequencing and strong at synthesis, and at a price that is probably embarrassing to a comparable hardware item or three. I say support this man’s hard work; come out and give him your money! There is no doubt it will be worth ten times the value he puts on it... And it’s icon will sit right next to the bm3 icon on my iPad...period!

Come on ns2!
    Take my money

+1
    Good points Mr SmileZ!!

Agreed!

• I'm really looking forward to NS2. BM3 is great - I haven't quite hit my stride with it in terms of workflow but think that's more my fault for not taking the time. Need to just knuckle down and finish a track in it.

• I really liked NS1, but now I have Auria Pro, Cubasis and BM3 all doing there thing. No doubt I will buy NS2, but admit that a lot of what I liked about NS1 is covered by BM3. BM3 is kind of just lacking in a few areas that would make it my go to iOS DAW.

BM3 has an easy workflow imo and you can run loads of the sampler sounds and it’s fx before you get too much hassle. My main issues with BM3 are:
    1. No midi stem export.
    2. No freeze track function.
    3. Rozeta not working.

Yes, there are a few other features I’d like such as a tempo track, but if NS2 got the above features and did all that BM3 does now, it could take over. Then again at some point I’m sure BM3 will get updated.

It all just goes to show it’s good to be making iOS music at this time - so much in such a small package to take where ever I go :)

• edited October 2018

i think it would be good idea to stop flame about other daws and comparing things, and specially to stop express love/hate to BM3 ... .. let's concentrate just on NS2, cause this is thread about NS2 expectations :)

What is you'r most favourite functionality hidden in published screenshots ? There it a hell lot information in those images, and sometimes i feel like people watched them just briefly... wondering if any of you did deep look at those images and found there something which real blowed your mind out :)

synth page:
    http://forums.blipinteractive.co.uk/node/11960

sequencer page:
    http://forums.blipinteractive.co.uk/node/11964

mixer page:
    http://forums.blipinteractive.co.uk/node/11965

other:
    http://forums.blipinteractive.co.uk/node/11962

• @mindscaper said:

@gusgranite said:

@mindscaper said:

@Dubbylabby said:

@mindscaper said:

@wim said:

Touché

That was 7-8 months ago

I see there is some anxiety from some regarding the update and no doubt many would have emailed or pm’d him and thus far no reply

Nah, I’m honestly good with it. I’m not offended about how far behind NS2 is either. These are labours of love and life gets in the way. I’m cheering them both on.

• @gusgranite said:

@mindscaper said:

@gusgranite said:

@mindscaper said:

@Dubbylabby said:

@mindscaper said:

@wim said:

Touché

That was 7-8 months ago

Nah, I’m honestly good with it. I’m not offended about how far behind NS2 is either. These are labours of love and life gets in the way. I’m cheering them both on.

Yeah me too. If it all goes pear shaped to tomorrow, I will find other options to make music :)

• @dendy said:
    i think it would be good idea to stop flame about other daws and comparing things, and specially to stop express love/hate to BM3 ... .. let's concentrate just on NS2, cause this is thread about NS2 expectations :)

What is you'r most favourite functionality hidden in published screenshots ? There it a hell lot information in those images, and sometimes i feel like people watched them just briefly... wondering if any of you did deep look at those images and found there something which real blowed your mind out :)

synth page:

sequencer page:
    http://forums.blipinteractive.co.uk/node/11964

mixer page:
    http://forums.blipinteractive.co.uk/node/11965

other:
    http://forums.blipinteractive.co.uk/node/11962

Since the workflow will be pretty much the same (per several Blip posts) it looks to me like overall the depth of the app will be amazing. Tweak-ability galore!

• @mindscaper said:

@gusgranite said:

@mindscaper said:

@Dubbylabby said:

@mindscaper said:

@wim said:

Touché

That was 7-8 months ago

Rude? I don't think so. Maybe there's a personal reason for this.

• @MrSmileZ said:

Come on ns2!
    Take my money

Absolutely, however based on time management, i find it easier to try and master one daw, synth, and a few apps, rather than spread myself thin among them all. I make so much more music this way. so I'd rather only stick with one iOS daw. currently bm3 is incredible, it's so undervalued it's unbelievable. However, woah, those ns2 screenshots look insane. One man is making all of that? wow. SO MUCH admiration for this dude.

• Iphone version will finally give me a functional daw on iphone since I dislike gadget work flow and closed system mentality

• @fattigman said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@MobileMusic said:
    .> @Jose_Bee said:

For larger project pi seems to be a good factor no matter the size of the comapny. So take the initial estimate times 3.14 and you get a pretty good guess

Pi in the sky, perhaps...

• More history...

• @dendy said:

synth page:

Very nice... it has been asked though, can samples timestretch..? hmmm. Want to tap 'edit sample' so bad...

Can we timestretch midi clips? It is super useful to x2 /2 them. Can a clip be split/merge on the timeline? If it can be split/merged does the automation stay intact? (There is another app... Meatbaker Tree? I forget. It does not do these things.)

M... m... m... m... midi learn... f... f... f.. fuu...

• Hopefully this will be really real. I like the video of historic moments you guys link and I think that Ns2 will be a winner.
    Hopefully there will be scales too since I suck basically in every other scale beside Ionian in Key of C 🙈🙈🙈
    You know the SoundCloud examples of the new obsidian synth?! I really like them...

• @hansjbs said:

@mindscaper said:

@gusgranite said:

@mindscaper said:

@Dubbylabby said:

@mindscaper said:

@wim said:

Touché

That was 7-8 months ago

Rude? I don't think so. Maybe there's a personal reason for this.

Lol

In the real world there is something called customer service and media relations

A customer has the right to enquire about the product and the merchant ( dev) should feel obliged to answer

I guess the AB forum is media and very public, so it behooves developers ( at least the polite ones with a conscience) to interact

As far as personal reasons go, what could those possibly be to withhold info or not be courteous to reply?

A couple of weeks ago I sent an email to a friend who is very well known and very busy, I forgot about it until just today he replied with an apology and that he will get back to me asap

For me, that is gentlemanly behaviour

All intua have to say is something like “ hey, we apologise but are busy but will keep you informed as soon as we can “

I’m sorry to ramble but I do not give god like status to any dev, especially indie devs

It’s a principal centered thing dude

• In the real world you paid for a product you received and you have no rights at all to question any developers behaviour beyond that.

As far as personal reasons go, what do they have to do with you if they are personal.

A couple of weeks ago i sent a friend an email, he still hasn’t replied, do i have a right to whine, no, why, because as you said, real world.

There are a lot of users enjoying the product they purchased and not acting entitled like some developer somewhere owes them a conversation of free update, that is gentlemanly behaviour.

Its a principle centered thing dude.

That applies to all developers, not just Intua, reading posts like the one above, why would anybody dedicate time to developing for IOS.

This discussion has been closed.