Audiobus: Your virtual music studio.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Nanostudio 2 update

1235733

Comments

  • @anickt said:

    @lukesleepwalker said:

    @mindscaper said:

    @anickt said:

    @mindscaper said:

    @AudioGus said:

    @syrupcore said:

    @CRAKROX said:
    I think perhaps people who weren’t there at the time probably just don’t get how amazing NS1 was at the time. To my memory it was incredibly stable whilst being at the bleeding edge of what was available on iOS at the time.
    Now if NS2 is like my memory of the original it will do everything promised on the box and hopefully be pretty much bug free.

    I don't think NS2 could possibly be like our collective initial memory of the original — at least not for those of us who got it when it came out (ish). Because, like you said, opening NS on your iPhone at that point felt like you were just handed Syncalvier when everything else you'd tried up to that point was a casiotone.

    I got Nanostudio around six years ago but never got into it as I was pretty myopic about my desktop audio chopper process, which I did eventually expand on in iOS, eventually getting more into synths etc. I can respect the roots but for me it is more about a seasoned dev taking another swing with the iOS bat. The bar has been raised on iOS in general so I am super curious how it works out.

    I think blip interactive is fully aware of how much the bar has been raised and that is the reason why he has taken so long to develop his second app

    It especially explains why he has delayed release by almost a year

    I suggest that NS2 itself will raise the bar much higher

    It will not need AUV3 as obsidian synth is exceptional, yet he has included AUV3 protocol to appeal to those who want to use other apps within it

    It will not need sample import as it ships with a rather large amount of decent samples anyway, yet it will include sample import

    Blip is a serious dev who doesn’t release app after app, he only made one app and that made him a lot of cash cause he did it right and ns1 did raise the bar back in 2010

    Prior to that, nothing came close to it really

    I think NS2 will address most if not all of the shortcomings of the current selection of DAW’s for many users. I expect so for myself.

    Well said

    Until the inevitable list of "omissions" and backlash. BM3 is a giant piece of impressive kit that most got for less than $30 or free! And yet...

    BM3 is very powerful. But the workflow just doesn’t click with me. So a “giant piece of impressive kit” isn’t always the answer. :D

    This is exactly my point. I wrestled with BM3 before it clicked for me. When software is cheap it's easy to move on to the next thing. If we were investing hundreds into the software we'd invest the time and effort as well.

  • Yes ...requiring “work-arounds.”

  • @anickt said:

    @lukesleepwalker said:

    @mindscaper said:

    @anickt said:

    @mindscaper said:

    @AudioGus said:

    @syrupcore said:

    @CRAKROX said:
    I think perhaps people who weren’t there at the time probably just don’t get how amazing NS1 was at the time. To my memory it was incredibly stable whilst being at the bleeding edge of what was available on iOS at the time.
    Now if NS2 is like my memory of the original it will do everything promised on the box and hopefully be pretty much bug free.

    I don't think NS2 could possibly be like our collective initial memory of the original — at least not for those of us who got it when it came out (ish). Because, like you said, opening NS on your iPhone at that point felt like you were just handed Syncalvier when everything else you'd tried up to that point was a casiotone.

    I got Nanostudio around six years ago but never got into it as I was pretty myopic about my desktop audio chopper process, which I did eventually expand on in iOS, eventually getting more into synths etc. I can respect the roots but for me it is more about a seasoned dev taking another swing with the iOS bat. The bar has been raised on iOS in general so I am super curious how it works out.

    I think blip interactive is fully aware of how much the bar has been raised and that is the reason why he has taken so long to develop his second app

    It especially explains why he has delayed release by almost a year

    I suggest that NS2 itself will raise the bar much higher

    It will not need AUV3 as obsidian synth is exceptional, yet he has included AUV3 protocol to appeal to those who want to use other apps within it

    It will not need sample import as it ships with a rather large amount of decent samples anyway, yet it will include sample import

    Blip is a serious dev who doesn’t release app after app, he only made one app and that made him a lot of cash cause he did it right and ns1 did raise the bar back in 2010

    Prior to that, nothing came close to it really

    I think NS2 will address most if not all of the shortcomings of the current selection of DAW’s for many users. I expect so for myself.

    Well said

    Until the inevitable list of "omissions" and backlash. BM3 is a giant piece of impressive kit that most got for less than $30 or free! And yet...

    BM3 is very powerful. But the workflow just doesn’t click with me. So a “giant piece of impressive kit” isn’t always the answer. :D

    I love BM3 but I may love NS2 more. It all comes down to the sampler for me and I don’t need tons of features out of the sampler.

  • edited October 2018

    i hope that this will be an option in the sampler - where you can choose the left or right side of a stereo sample

  • I haven’t seen any images of the sample editor that implies time stretch is there. I mean real time timestretch

  • @lukesleepwalker said:

    @JohnnyGoodyear said:

    @lukesleepwalker said:

    @mindscaper said:

    @anickt said:

    @mindscaper said:

    @AudioGus said:

    @syrupcore said:

    @CRAKROX said:
    I think perhaps people who weren’t there at the time probably just don’t get how amazing NS1 was at the time. To my memory it was incredibly stable whilst being at the bleeding edge of what was available on iOS at the time.
    Now if NS2 is like my memory of the original it will do everything promised on the box and hopefully be pretty much bug free.

    I don't think NS2 could possibly be like our collective initial memory of the original — at least not for those of us who got it when it came out (ish). Because, like you said, opening NS on your iPhone at that point felt like you were just handed Syncalvier when everything else you'd tried up to that point was a casiotone.

    I got Nanostudio around six years ago but never got into it as I was pretty myopic about my desktop audio chopper process, which I did eventually expand on in iOS, eventually getting more into synths etc. I can respect the roots but for me it is more about a seasoned dev taking another swing with the iOS bat. The bar has been raised on iOS in general so I am super curious how it works out.

    I think blip interactive is fully aware of how much the bar has been raised and that is the reason why he has taken so long to develop his second app

    It especially explains why he has delayed release by almost a year

    I suggest that NS2 itself will raise the bar much higher

    It will not need AUV3 as obsidian synth is exceptional, yet he has included AUV3 protocol to appeal to those who want to use other apps within it

    It will not need sample import as it ships with a rather large amount of decent samples anyway, yet it will include sample import

    Blip is a serious dev who doesn’t release app after app, he only made one app and that made him a lot of cash cause he did it right and ns1 did raise the bar back in 2010

    Prior to that, nothing came close to it really

    I think NS2 will address most if not all of the shortcomings of the current selection of DAW’s for many users. I expect so for myself.

    Well said

    Until the inevitable list of "omissions" and backlash. BM3 is a giant piece of impressive kit that most got for less than $30 or free! And yet...

    Goodyear sidles up, falls into stride: "Keep moving Sergeant. Stick to one side. No need to poke that bear while we're still deep in the wood..."

    :)

    Ha, whatever gets you through the forest. I'm unduly grouchy today. The early fall is lovely, the creative juices are lactating with aplomb, the local sports teams pull through. And YET...

    Worry not my fine knight, all will be well in the garden....

  • @Eclipxe said:
    I haven’t seen any images of the sample editor that implies time stretch is there. I mean real time timestretch

    Is there an iOS app that has that? Maybe I’m just unaware of it. Do you use that feature to prevent the pitch-shifted effect as a sample is spread out over an octave (used as presets) or when using sample loops at different tempos?

  • wimwim
    edited October 2018

    @Slam_Cut said:

    @Eclipxe said:
    I haven’t seen any images of the sample editor that implies time stretch is there. I mean real time timestretch

    Is there an iOS app that has that? Maybe I’m just unaware of it. Do you use that feature to prevent the pitch-shifted effect as a sample is spread out over an octave (used as presets) or when using sample loops at different tempos?

    BM3. Blocs Wave. Loopy. QuantiLoop, Group the Loop ... others I’m sure.
    Auria Pro and Cubasis have it non-realtime.

  • @Slam_Cut said:

    @Eclipxe said:
    I haven’t seen any images of the sample editor that implies time stretch is there. I mean real time timestretch

    Is there an iOS app that has that? Maybe I’m just unaware of it. Do you use that feature to prevent the pitch-shifted effect as a sample is spread out over an octave (used as presets) or when using sample loops at different tempos?

    What wim said.

    Mainly BM3.

    Yes, it is a really important feature for me - hoping NS2 will have it.

  • What's the intro price on the legs? ;-)

    Is price important in any way ? Common, it's Nanostudio. Nobody cares about price :-D

  • I’d prefer to think of this thread as ‘interest’ rather than ‘hype’! I’m in awe of the knowledge of many on this forum. I’ve always been a player, not a programmer. I bought a four track back in the day and never got a decent result from it. Had a PC built for music in the nineties that I ended up playing minesweeper on. GarageBand on iOS was the first time I finished anything that sounded half decent. Then NS came along, and I remember something finally clicking. I spent all day on this track, sampled my uke and my youngest daughter. I had no idea what I was doing, but experimentation produced some fun results. And that's why I’m excited about 2. (I don’t know how to do the 'play in browser' thing). https://soundcloud.com/ian-sainsbury/land-of-the-blind

  • @wim said:
    And then the dopes who bitch about all the “hype” as if the developer pumped it up himself. I kinda wish everyone would cool it just a little.

    Nothing wrong here, people just happy and excited about something good

    If anyone gets irritated then that is a sad thing

  • edited October 2018

    @mindscaper said:

    @wim said:
    And then the dopes who bitch about all the “hype” as if the developer pumped it up himself. I kinda wish everyone would cool it just a little.

    Nothing wrong here, people just happy and excited about something good

    If anyone gets irritated then that is a sad thing

    Irritation comes after release when hype turns into deception... or when release delays another bunch of months aka year
    Almost this time we can enterntain us at ebay if the thing goes the second path :trollface:

  • @Dubbylabby said:
    Irritation comes after release when hype turns into deception... or when release delays another bunch of months aka year
    Almost this time we can enterntain us at ebay if the thing goes the second path :trollface:

    “So dark!” Deadpool replies, “You're sure you're not from the DC Universe?”

  • @wim said:

    @Slam_Cut said:

    Is there an iOS app that has that? Maybe I’m just unaware of it. Do you use that feature to prevent the pitch-shifted effect as a sample is spread out over an octave (used as presets) or when using sample loops at different tempos?

    BM3. Blocs Wave. Loopy. QuantiLoop, Group the Loop ... others I’m sure.
    Auria Pro and Cubasis have it non-realtime.

    Ah ha! That makes sense. Those apps are not my cup of tea. How are you using this feature?

  • Software development rule of thumb take the initial estimate and x it by two or three........

  • @Slam_Cut said:

    @Dubbylabby said:
    Irritation comes after release when hype turns into deception... or when release delays another bunch of months aka year
    Almost this time we can enterntain us at ebay if the thing goes the second path :trollface:

    “So dark!” Deadpool replies, “You're sure you're not from the DC Universe?”

    Since we are talking about leg investment, Deadpool comments are alloweed.
    :naughty:

  • @Dubbylabby said:

    @mindscaper said:

    @wim said:
    And then the dopes who bitch about all the “hype” as if the developer pumped it up himself. I kinda wish everyone would cool it just a little.

    Nothing wrong here, people just happy and excited about something good

    If anyone gets irritated then that is a sad thing

    Irritation comes after release when hype turns into deception... or when release delays another bunch of months aka year
    Almost this time we can enterntain us at ebay if the thing goes the second path :lol:

    I don’t think there is any deception

    This dev always does what he says unlike intua who promised universal BM3 and are not even communicating with customers

    Touché

  • @mindscaper said:

    @Dubbylabby said:

    @mindscaper said:

    @wim said:
    And then the dopes who bitch about all the “hype” as if the developer pumped it up himself. I kinda wish everyone would cool it just a little.

    Nothing wrong here, people just happy and excited about something good

    If anyone gets irritated then that is a sad thing

    Irritation comes after release when hype turns into deception... or when release delays another bunch of months aka year
    Almost this time we can enterntain us at ebay if the thing goes the second path :lol:

    I don’t think there is any deception

    This dev always does what he says unlike intua who promised universal BM3 and are not even communicating with customers

    Touché

    I’m not talking about developers cappabilities... I’m talking about users hype who expect whatever and later get frustrated with its own hype.

    Just let’s wait to the release and start reading the drama, whatever the dev promised or not, people will complaint for sure.

  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • .> @Jose_Bee said:

    Software development rule of thumb take the initial estimate and x it by two or three........

    For 1-man team / indie developers. Not for large companies

  • @Dawdles said:
    Lol. Yeah let’s be more grateful/admirable of an app that doesn’t exist yet than for one that does...and somehow use the unreleased app as a measure of good customer support. Warped PoV.

    Yeah, and I’d even say that it would be good to add big dose of “grateful/admirable” of music production apps and the devs that create them in general. We may complain about features we dislike/can’t find or whatever, but that should be counter-balanced with being grateful. The frustration we endure should be balanced with optimism for the potential of the platform and the new apps we are blessed with. I don’t see it as ‘user hype’ so much as an expression of that optimism.

  • I hope this thing has a sequencer that programs odd single bars, 3/4, 5/4 inside of 44

  • edited October 2018

    @Telstar5 said:
    I hope this thing has a sequencer that programs odd single bars, 3/4, 5/4 inside of 44

    Not only that, there will be possible to automate time signature ! Look at those 2 screenshots, looks like any imaginable time signature weirdness is possible (check that normal note / half note / triplet note switch in right bottom corner of grid settings :))

  • @Dawdles said:

    @mindscaper said:

    @Dubbylabby said:

    @mindscaper said:

    @wim said:
    And then the dopes who bitch about all the “hype” as if the developer pumped it up himself. I kinda wish everyone would cool it just a little.

    Nothing wrong here, people just happy and excited about something good

    If anyone gets irritated then that is a sad thing

    Irritation comes after release when hype turns into deception... or when release delays another bunch of months aka year
    Almost this time we can enterntain us at ebay if the thing goes the second path :lol:

    I don’t think there is any deception

    This dev always does what he says unlike intua who promised universal BM3 and are not even communicating with customers

    Touché

    Lol. Yeah let’s be more grateful/admirable of an app that doesn’t exist yet than for one that does...and somehow use the unreleased app as a measure of good customer support. Warped PoV.

    Not warped at all. Gratefulness, admiration and customer support commentary has been based on experience with NS1 and in looking forward to the new version NS2 which does exist but hasn’t been released yet.

  • edited October 2018

    @dendy said:

    @Telstar5 said:
    I hope this thing has a sequencer that programs odd single bars, 3/4, 5/4 inside of 44

    Not only that, there will be possible to automate time signature ! Look at those 2 screenshots, looks like any imaginable time signature weirdness is possible (check that normal note / half note / triplet note switch in right bottom corner of grid settings :))

    Dayum! That's just... dayum!

    Dying to see that sample editor.

  • @AudioGus said:

    @dendy said:

    @Telstar5 said:
    I hope this thing has a sequencer that programs odd single bars, 3/4, 5/4 inside of 44

    Not only that, there will be possible to automate time signature ! Look at those 2 screenshots, looks like any imaginable time signature weirdness is possible (check that normal note / half note / triplet note switch in right bottom corner of grid settings :))

    Dayum! That's just... dayum!

    Dying to see that sample editor.

    Dunno if this helps or not but read this ...

    http://forums.blipinteractive.co.uk/node/11956?page=6

  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited October 2018

    For alot of people it's BM3 and NS2, or will be. So many choices, so many good products. Collect all ... 100!

    Just kidding, no sense collecting apps, though I seem to be.

  • @kinkujin said:
    For alot of people it's BM3 and NS2, or will be. So many choices, so many good products. Collect all ... 100!

    Just kidding, no sense collecting apps, though I seem to be.

    If only I could get down to 100! :D

This discussion has been closed.