Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Nanostudio 2 update

Comments

• edited November 2018

It’s getting exciting! I don’t use a DAW on iPad as I prefer Ableton on PC also AUM seems more suited to the iOS ecosystem but very curious about NS2!

• @Telstar5 said:
    @iansainsbury : Is there a problem with this particular user manual or are you just not a fan of user manuals in general? Is it comprehensive?

That's part of the quote from the dev.

• @Telstar5 said:
    @iansainsbury : Is there a problem with this particular user manual or are you just not a fan of user manuals in general? Is it comprehensive?

This is a quote from Matt, the developer, not me ;) I refer to manuals all the time!

• edited November 2018

@Telstar5 said:

Did you saw ever single one developer who enjoys writing of manual ?
    Do you know how are coders tortured in hell ?
    ... They are condemned to write manuals all the time, till eternity.

• @iansainsbury Thank you. I really really hope the zombies stay out of it. I have decided NS2 is The Last App, after it drops I simply have to make do with what I considerably have and write some songs :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @iansainsbury Thank you. I really really hope the zombies stay out of it. I have decided NS2 is The Last App, after it drops I simply have to make do with what I considerably have and write some songs :)

This +1000

• I feel that fucking hell a lot of great music will be released after this christmas :-)

• I think this will be my next purchase! The hours I spent on my iPod with NS it’s gotta be done.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @iansainsbury Thank you. I really really hope the zombies stay out of it. I have decided NS2 is The Last App, after it drops I simply have to make do with what I considerably have and write some songs :)

Im joining in with this too. Our #nanoresolution. B)

• @dendy said:

@Telstar5 said:

Did you saw ever single one developer who enjoys writing of manual ?
    Do you know how are coders tortured in hell ?
    ... They are condemned to write manuals all the time, till eternity.

I love to write manuals and hate coding. I suppose hell is a place with amazing undocumented software and fully documented can of bugs.
    :trollface:

• @AtticusL said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Me too, except I'll be getting DRambo from BeepStreet as well. I sure wish I could "gift" a few of my not-used-enough apps to others.

• @kinkujin said:

@AtticusL said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Me too, except I'll be getting DRambo from BeepStreet as well. I sure wish I could "gift" a few of my not-used-enough apps to others.

Good suggestion. Would also be great to give apps away to other users. I'm only using iOS 11/12 devices. Bought in the past lots of apps that became obsolete when Apple killed 32 bits apps. There probably still a lot of users that could benefit from apps that people bought and not able to use anymore.

• @greengrocer said:

@kinkujin said:

@AtticusL said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Good suggestion. Would also be great to give apps away to other users. I'm only using iOS 11/12 devices. Bought in the past lots of apps that became obsolete when Apple killed 32 bits apps. There probably still a lot of users that could benefit from apps that people bought and not able to use anymore.

Great incentive for developers too. With users passing on their unused apps to other potential buyers, devs could make fewer sales on a platform where they're already working for practically nothing. ;)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

My plan precisely. Do everything I can within the app, which is probably almost everything I can do. If I can get it to sync with samplr, though...no, get behind me, Satan!

• @3sleeves said:
    9 days strong into NanoNovember on Instagram...if NS2 doesn’t drop this year I may dial up the portamento on my drinking habits too @lukesleepwalker

These are great little bangers.

• We should form a support group for us NS2 enthusiasts once it comes out. Or a breakfast club. Or a musical army. Take over the world with NanoStudio. To this point, I've been unable to get registered on the forum.

• Did Matt announced the Price too? I have to get the pennies ready

• @lovadamusic said:

@greengrocer said:

@kinkujin said:

@AtticusL said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Great incentive for developers too. With users passing on their unused apps to other potential buyers, devs could make fewer sales on a platform where they're already working for practically nothing. ;)

Who says that these persons are potential buyers? And if you take these kind of ideas further, why should we recycle things. Let everybody pay for new stuff and forbid to sell it. Good for economy but so bad for the environment.

• @greengrocer said:

@lovadamusic said:

@greengrocer said:

@kinkujin said:

@AtticusL said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Who says that these persons are potential buyers? And if you take these kind of ideas further, why should we recycle things. Let everybody pay for new stuff and forbid to sell it. Good for economy but so bad for the environment.

It's the difference between software and hardware. I have no idea what apps have to do with the environment.

Apple could allow people to give their app to other people, assuming they want to work out a mechanism that handles the transfer and makes sure the original user then has no further access to it. If you were a developer, it would cost you sales when those who want your app could, instead of buying it, look for someone who wants to give it to them for free. As an iOS music-maker, if you want to give developers another reason not to take the platform seriously as a decent source of income, then users giving apps away as gifts is a good idea.

• @lovadamusic said:

@greengrocer said:

@lovadamusic said:

@greengrocer said:

@kinkujin said:

@AtticusL said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

It's the difference between software and hardware. I have no idea what apps have to do with the environment.

Apple could allow people to give their app to other people, assuming they want to work out a mechanism that handles the transfer and makes sure the original user then has no further access to it. If you were a developer, it would cost you sales when those who want your app could, instead of buying it, look for someone who wants to give it to them for free. As an iOS music-maker, if you want to give developers another reason not to take the platform seriously as a decent source of income, then users giving apps away as gifts is a good idea.

And you're right and I get you and I agree, BUT STILL there is something of the old book owner about this that still sits around in my head and I would like to pass along that which I will never again touch to others who may not be able to touch (for reasons) but could now touch and get a bit of pleasure or use out of, not exactly like that half a joint in the ashtray I'm never now going to smoke, but you know.

I know.

:)

• If apps were transferable,their cost would be many many times higher than they are.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@lovadamusic said:

@greengrocer said:

@lovadamusic said:

@greengrocer said:

@kinkujin said:

@AtticusL said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

And you're right and I get you and I agree, BUT STILL there is something of the old book owner about this that still sits around in my head and I would like to pass along that which I will never again touch to others who may not be able to touch (for reasons) but could now touch and get a bit of pleasure or use out of, not exactly like that half a joint in the ashtray I'm never now going to smoke, but you know.

I know.

Perhaps affluent iOS device owners could coordinate with Apple to recycle their devices by donating their used devices to a special program for starving musicians which removes the user’s account info yet preserves the app’s rather than recycling just the hardware?

• @espiegel123 said:
    If apps were transferable,their cost would be many many times higher than they are.

An excellent point from the economics department :) You are very likely right Sir.

• edited November 2018

@InfoCheck said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@lovadamusic said:

@greengrocer said:

@lovadamusic said:

@greengrocer said:

@kinkujin said:

@AtticusL said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

I know.

Perhaps affluent iOS device owners could coordinate with Apple to recycle their devices by donating their used devices to a special program for starving musicians which removes the user’s account info yet preserves the app’s rather than recycling just the hardware?

The Candide in me (which is a very large part of me :) ), likes that idea.

• edited November 2018

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@InfoCheck said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@lovadamusic said:

@greengrocer said:

@lovadamusic said:

@greengrocer said:

@kinkujin said:

@AtticusL said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

I know.

The Candide in me (which is a very large part of me :) ), likes that idea.

Yes it would be the best of all possible worlds. I do have a friend who is collecting old iOS devices to donate to veterans. Apple could setup some donor account transfer system if they wanted too especially if their users and Apple could both write it off on their taxes.

• @99476598326 said:

@anickt said:

@99476598326 said:
    is this going to be a subscription app? please tell me no..

No. This dev is too cool for that. Users begged him to do a tip jar or IAP’s to throw money at him because of how great the app is.

good to know. i necer used nano studio but the talk on this forum is making me desire the sequel.

same here..

• Isn’t there going to be a major feature missing at launch or was I imagining that?

• no audio tracks on release, will be subject of update, so if that is major feature for you, you should wait...
    On other dide there will be well known workaround with putting audio to Slate (new TRG) pads..

• @dendy said:
    no audio tracks on release, will be subject of update, so if that is major feature for you, you should wait...
    On other dide there will be well known workaround with putting audio to Slate (new TRG) pads..

Thanks. Not sure I fully understand what that means exactly. Not sure what Slate or TRG is either 😝

• Slate is sampler with pads in NS2 (TRG was sampler in NS1)..

basicaly drum sampler but people used it in NS1 also for loading longer wav files - as replacement for true audio tracks... until audio tracks will be added to NS2 (which is definitely planned), this workaround will be useble also there

This discussion has been closed.