Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Nanostudio 2 update

Comments

• @robosardine said:

@anickt said:

@robosardine said:
    Why would they reject it? How will they know there are things needing fixed - is there a little team of iOS muso testers with a keen eye for a decimal point that will spot something that developers and beta testers have missed?
    And if they are so circumspect why do they allow apps to remain on sale in the store for so long with untreated identified bugs?
    I have been wondering about this sort of thing for some time now 🤔🧐🙂

AFAIK Apple is not looking for bugs but for things which meet certain specs for apps in general. A dev could probably explain.

Ah right- got you- the bugs can sneak through undetected even right under the pulsing damp nostrils of the apple sniffer dogs- but the app has to meet a set criteria of other software type things.

They're more checking that the app doesn't break certain Apple policies and rules. Some are good (say, don't access a user's contact list without asking permission), some are just goofy like the screenshot issue mentioned above. I think it was Bram who got rejected because his delay app didn't make any sound (or some such wtf).

• @Dham said:
    Holy Platform Fragmentation Batman! IOS is now approaching Android-levels of fragmentation. They really need to slow their roll.

Yep. And the new iPads add yet another screen size to contend with.

• @syrupcore said:

@Dham said:
    Holy Platform Fragmentation Batman! IOS is now approaching Android-levels of fragmentation. They really need to slow their roll.

Yep. And the new iPads add yet another screen size to contend with.

Mmhh yes....it seems to even is not 4:3 like the other iPads.

• @drez said:
    I did this in NS1 6 years ago on my iPhone 3GS on a flight home:

https://soundcloud.com/dreznicek/getbackup

Not my usual bag of bones but this got me looking for my Shillelagh....good noise.

• Nice Nanostudio track drez!
    I agree with the sentiment others have expressed here: gonna be a really nice holiday season this year.

• Great feel to thst track!

• @drez said:
    I did this in NS1 6 years ago on my iPhone 3GS on a flight home:

https://soundcloud.com/dreznicek/getbackup

This is fab !!

• Well, after digging in to BM3 and not liking it, and watching the "support drama" unfold, I deleted BM3 from my iPad. Phew! It felt like a relief. So now it's NS2 and don't look back. I am seriously hopeful that AU support will be thorough and stable. AUfx? I hear that Rozeta will also work which is a biggie for me. I think this could be the one-stop-shop on ios that I'm looking for.

• @kinkujin said:
    Well, after digging in to BM3 and not liking it, and watching the "support drama" unfold, I deleted BM3 from my iPad. Phew! It felt like a relief. So now it's NS2 and don't look back. I am seriously hopeful that AU support will be thorough and stable. AUfx? I hear that Rozeta will also work which is a biggie for me. I think this could be the one-stop-shop on ios that I'm looking for.

You can also watch out for Stagelight 4 DAW coming very soon based on the tweets and threads/postings ;)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Dawdles said:
    Pleeeeeeeeeaase say NS2 has flexible midi au routing a la AUM and ex-BM3? Or is it more like Cubasis/BMneu? Anyone got the scoop?

@Dawdles , it's a bit of a long thread but it should get you sufficient info and sufficiently hyped. Hope it helps.

http://forums.blipinteractive.co.uk/node/11615

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Dawdles said:

@kinkujin said:

@Dawdles said:
    Pleeeeeeeeeaase say NS2 has flexible midi au routing a la AUM and ex-BM3? Or is it more like Cubasis/BMneu? Anyone got the scoop?

@Dawdles , it's a bit of a long thread but it should get you sufficient info and sufficiently hyped. Hope it helps.

http://forums.blipinteractive.co.uk/node/11615

Thanks man, will check it out :)

Sure thing. There's alot of pretty pictures too.

• Just noticed something on that first page of screenshots that might get @Multicellular excited. Time sig changes and tempo changes. Check it!

• @kinkujin said:
    Just noticed something on that first page of screenshots that might get @Multicellular excited. Time sig changes and tempo changes. Check it!

Yeeees. That makes me so hot.

• @kinkujin said:
    Just noticed something on that first page of screenshots that might get @Multicellular excited. Time sig changes and tempo changes. Check it!

It's this level of detail that makes me think I'll be devoting all my attention to NS2 when it drops. I've written plenty of music with time sig changes. Plus you can drag and drop mixer channels to make groups. That feature alone will make it so much more usable than the current crop of DAWs.

• Thanks for the comments about the track! NS1 is my favorite iOS app ever. So easy to sequence. A workflow dream. Can’t wait for 2.

• @drez said:
    Thanks for the comments about the track! NS1 is my favorite iOS app ever. So easy to sequence. A workflow dream. Can’t wait for 2.

...and so easy to sample and edit 👍🏼

• Apologies for not reading the thread, but is this gonna make it by the end of the year?

• edited November 2018

@oat_phipps yeah that last info, this year 99.99% (0.01% for cases like huge meteorit impacts UK, or zombie apocalypse wipes humanity, or something like that)

• @oat_phipps said:
    Apologies for not reading the thread, but is this gonna make it by the end of the year?

I could imagine, that the dreaded new resolutions and ratios of the new iPads, also those of the new iPhones, burden more work on the developers, demanding additional time.

• @tja said:

@oat_phipps said:
    Apologies for not reading the thread, but is this gonna make it by the end of the year?

I could imagine, that the dreaded new resolutions and ratios of the new iPads, also those of the new iPhones, burden more work on the developers, demanding additional time.

Shhhhhhh......I'm relying on NS2 to get me through the mad family Christmas rubbish again this year...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@tja said:

@oat_phipps said:

Shhhhhhh......I'm relying on NS2 to get me through the mad family Christmas rubbish again this year...

NS2-anticipation isn't good enough anymore?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@tja said:

@oat_phipps said:

Ah, memories of last Christmas disappointment come flooding back... bourbon-fueled faceplants into figgy puddings, etc.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@tja said:

@oat_phipps said:

That is a steep hill of anticipation for any dev to climb. Depending on the family of course. Not saying anything about mine ...

• 9 days strong into NanoNovember on Instagram...if NS2 doesn’t drop this year I may dial up the portamento on my drinking habits too @lukesleepwalker

• @3sleeves said:
    9 days strong into NanoNovember on Instagram...if NS2 doesn’t drop this year I may dial up the portamento on my drinking habits too @lukesleepwalker

:D

Nice insta link.

• News from Matt at the NS2 forum:

“Current news is that it's still looking good for release in the first week of December unless there's an inconveniently timed zombie apocalypse - but don't worry, I've built in a special factory sound which scares zombies should this happen. Can't be too careful.

I'm currently wrestling with the user manual, which is lots of fun. Not. I should be shot of this particular nightmare within a day or two and then I estimate (ha!) a heavy week of tidying up and fixing some remaining niggles prior to submission.”

• @iansainsbury : Is there a problem with this particular user manual or are you just not a fan of user manuals in general? Is it comprehensive?

• I just logged in here to see if there was any discussion about this. Thanks @iansainsbury !

This discussion has been closed.