Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

October 2018 Sound Design Fest - Ripplemaker

13»

Comments

• Congrats everyone for delivering this! I failed you guys because I couldn't submit anything. And even test what you guys did! Things have been crazy :lol:

But I hope to get some free time tonight to give it a spin :love:

• Hey Guys.

Were there any audio examples of the patches created here or elsewhere with Ripplemaker?

Interested to see if it has a place in my toolbox. Cheers!

• _ki_ki
    edited November 2018

@SpookyZoo Doug made a video where he first played the ‚-ki Explorations‘ presets and then the ‚The AB Forums‘ presets.

• @_ki said:
    @SpookyZoo Doug made a video where he first played the ‚-ki Explorations‘ presets and then the ‚The AB Forums‘ presets.

Cool, thanks. Will check this out.

• @brambos said:

@_ki said:
    When the second instance is removed, the sound of the first instance returned to normal.
    When adding two Lorentz AUs the crackling did not happen.

When then changing back one of the Lorentz AUs to Ripplemaker, the new instance sounded okay at first. But as soon as i changed to the first Ripplemaker instance, the crackling and errors reoccured.

Thanks, I can indeed reproduce it in GB, but not in other hosts... I’m on it :)

Has this proven to be a real mystery? Going to start trying to get the midi out of my GarageBand Ripplemaker tracks so I can use it on Ripplemaker in Nanostudio.

• @AtticusL said:

@brambos said:

@_ki said:
    When the second instance is removed, the sound of the first instance returned to normal.
    When adding two Lorentz AUs the crackling did not happen.

When then changing back one of the Lorentz AUs to Ripplemaker, the new instance sounded okay at first. But as soon as i changed to the first Ripplemaker instance, the crackling and errors reoccured.

Thanks, I can indeed reproduce it in GB, but not in other hosts... I’m on it :)

Has this proven to be a real mystery? Going to start trying to get the midi out of my GarageBand Ripplemaker tracks so I can use it on Ripplemaker in Nanostudio.

I haven’t been able to find the cause yet. Ripplemaker obviously fully functions as a multi-instance AU. Why GB doesn’t play nice is indeed a bit of a mystery.. :|

• I just verified that the problem persists with the updated V2.3.7 Garageband. I tried to narrow it down with various Garageband settings, but did not succeed.

Multi-Instance of Phasemaker, Fuismaker, Ruismaker FM or Noir don‘t crackle.

• Thanks for trying bram and thanks for testing _ki. It’s almost as if GarageBand is only using one instance of Ripplemaker for all tracks and that one track output is being fed into the others and it’s distorting.