Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

October 2018 Sound Design Fest - Ripplemaker

Comments

• I twerked it so much I crashed the Ripplemaker AU. Never seen that before! 😝

• Yeah, I am working on some, are we going to wait until October is finished to put them all together as a collection? And if we can get the added officially, that would be incredible.

• Slowly working on some here. Life has just been crazy lately. Moving to a new place... work taking up my time like hell :lol:

• @fotozimo Cool 👍🏻 - just send them in either in this thread or in a pm. There is still half a month left, but already got quite a collection.

• Just a reminder:

If you have made some presets, please send them so that they can be included in the Audiobus Forum Ripplemaker preset bank - even if its only a single preset, it might inspire someone to new ideas or even a whole song :)

• edited October 2018

ok Ki and Everybody.. many thanks for the presets from All of you, most appreciated,
    so here is a pre-Halloween silk lined coffin box of 29 generative ‘style’ noises, i felt that area was maybe slightly under represented.. and its something Ripplemaker does so well!!
    they all should make sound without running the sequencer,, though that’s not to say you can’t then apply a seq of notes to any of them and see what happens!! :) the zip has a sub folder so should open up in Ripplemaker as a sub folder named RockySmalls.. i find its nicer that way, I like to know who made the preset I’m messing with and its how i have imported all of you Gents/ladies stuff.. ( once i figured it out from Ki’s helpful guide )
    let me know that it works somebody.. anybody.. are these ‘tricks’ or are these ‘treats’ .. depends on yr enjoyment of abstract sfx i guess! :)

edit: changes to zip file as two presets have names that are too long for ripplemaker! thanks to Ki for checking and amending..

• @brambos said:
    I can add the collected patches to a factory bank in the app if that’s ok?

Looking forward :)

• @brambos said:
    I can add the collected patches to a factory bank in the app if that’s ok?

Yes!
    Please!

• @_ki said:
    This month synth for the Audiobus Sound Design Fest is Ripplemaker from Bram Bos. This is the thread for discussion, swapping tips and collecting all the patches together that will be distributed as a combined Audiobus Forum preset bank.

In order to simplify the use of the resulting preset bank, I suggest that the following naming convention be used:

• Names start with a prefix describing their category (ARP, BASS, FX, GEN, KEY, LEAD, PAD, PERC... types will be clarified/discussed later)
    • Followed by the patchname itself
    • If you want, add an short personal identifier (like -ki or rsl) at the end

Ripplemaker can only export whole user presetbanks as a zip file, not single patches. This makes sharing only some of these presets a little more complicated

• Another app is needed that can unpack zips and pack folders - for instance Documents by Readle, Fileapp or Audioshare.
    • The goal is to upack the exported zip into a folder and repack only the presets that you want to share into a new zip, which then can be uploaded to the forum.
    • I will descibe the steps for these three apps in another posting to this thread

Have fun designing new and crazy sounds with this „West Coast Flavored Modular Synth“

Oh I got some dandies for this bad boy.......

• Do not despair, the wacky 222 preset pack is waiting to be released. I already handed them over to Brambos :)

• Update sent to Apple, let's hope the reviewers are kind to us this time.

• @brambos said:
    Update sent to Apple, let's hope the reviewers are kind to us this time.

It warms the cockles of my robot heart to see this kind of collaboration around here.

Love the synth, but feel I still need training wheels with Ripplemaker, so I am excited about having more presets to play with.

• @brambos said:

Putting the community presets into the app without the hazzle of downloading, unzipping and importing them.... wow, great stuff. Thanks man!

And THANKS to ALL who participated and provided sounds, patches and presets! Cant wait to give you love a spin!

• @david_2017 said:

@brambos said:

Putting the community presets into the app without the hazzle of downloading, unzipping and importing them.... wow, great stuff. Thanks man!

And THANKS to ALL who participated and provided sounds, patches and presets! Cant wait to give you love a spin!

I’ve used one of the new presets already! :)

• And obviously lots of credits to @_ki for carefully curating (and contributing) all these presets! :)

• Thanks @_ki and all and @brambos

• @espiegel123 said:
    Thanks @_ki and all and @brambos

Yet again, what this group/forum/community can do at its best. Well done you people.

• It's out! Thanks guys!

• Woohoo!! They’re awesome!! 🤟⭐️😎💥🔊💪👌👏

• Yes, the reviewers were kind to us indeed! From upload to available in 10 hours :)

• Thanks to everyone for their brilliant presets. I absolutely love this synth.

It’s working great for me as ever in stand-alone but in GarageBand I’m getting crackles from hell with every instance of Ripplemaker. Has iOS 12 messed something up?

• Lovely work here everyone! Learning new things about programming this synth as a result of looking at the new presets. Very much appreciated...

• @brambos said:
    Yes, the reviewers were kind to us indeed! From upload to available in 10 hours :)

Thanks so much for adding the new presets to an already great app.

I'm fairly certain you are tired of hearing this, but you really are the best.

• @JeffChasteen said:
    I'm fairly certain you are tired of hearing this, but you really are the best.

I will never get tired of hearing that! :D

• _ki_ki
    edited November 2018

@AtticusL & @brambos
    You are right, there is a Ripplemaker & Garrageband problem ! He first instance sounds okay, but when one adds a second instance of Ripplemaker, there is not only a constant digital background crackling, but also the envelops of both instances are restarting during keypress and their sounds are very distorted.

I tested this on an iPad 10.5 / IOS 12.0.1

• @_ki said:
    @AtticusL & @brambos
    You are right, there is a Ripplemaker & Garrageband problem ! He first instance sounds okay, but when one adds second instance of Ripplemaker, there is not only a kind of digital background crackling, but also the envelops of both instances are restarting during keypress and their sounds are distorted. I tested this on an iPad 10.5 / IOS 12.0.1

First time I hear of it... Let me look into it. It may be an iOS12 thing, but more likely it's a Garageband thing.. :|

• _ki_ki
    edited November 2018

When the second instance is removed, the sound of the first instance returned to normal.
    When adding two Lorentz AUs the crackling did not happen.

When then changing back one of the Lorentz AUs to Ripplemaker, the new instance sounded okay at first. But as soon as i changed to the first Ripplemaker instance, the crackling and errors reoccured.

• @_ki said:
    When the second instance is removed, the sound of the first instance returned to normal.
    When adding two Lorentz AUs the crackling did not happen.

When then changing back one of the Lorentz AUs to Ripplemaker, the new instance sounded okay at first. But as soon as i changed to the first Ripplemaker instance, the crackling and errors reoccured.

Thanks, I can indeed reproduce it in GB, but not in other hosts... I’m on it :)

• _ki_ki
    edited November 2018

@brambos
    Good luck hunting down the bug.

BTW - I just tested that multi instancing works as expected in Cubasis, Auria Pro, BM3, Modstep, Audiobus, AUM and ApeMatrix.

@all That was indeed a fun and cool soundfest, i enjoyed it a lot - we produced more and a bigger variety of presets than i imagined.

Delivering the presets via app update was the icing on the cake :)