Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

problems with iMIDIpatchbay

I need help with 2 problems
First problem:
1: I bought patchbay played with and saved a backup to my dropbox account
2: I bought master keyboard extension which works ok. I can load backup from my dropbox account
3: i bought setlist extension. I created a new setlist; added a song and wanted to couple a PDF to it.
4: got the error message that there is no. Sheets subfolder I checked my dropbox and iMIDIpacthbay did not create one.
5: I created the subfolder myself and put a PDF in it.
6: when I go to setlist; and want to add the PDF iMIDIpatchbay freezes. If I want to end the app I see that it is there with the setlist page but I can’t do anything. I can only end the app.

To try to get it working
I completely removed the app from my ipad and also removed the app/iMIDIPatchbay directory in dropbox.
I reinstalled the app and wanted to activate the sync again, but the app comes with the popup to buy setlist again, I bought setlist again (i don’t have to pay twice). But the moment setlist is there the app says that the dropbox sync id offline.

SO now I can’t use the setlisteditor and I can’t use the dropbox sync feature anymore.

removing the app and reinstalling it doesn't seems to help

does anyone can see to what the Dropbox folder is sharing it to (it needs a mail account i assume?)

What can I do to get it working again. As I need the app for my band.

Comments

• edited September 2018

I’d like to help, but I’m not sure if I understand correctly what you are asking (my English is rather limited) so I assume you need to know where the iMIDIPatchbay Dropbox folder is located.
    If that’s the case, the folder is:
    /Apps/iMIDIPatchbay
    If you you use setlists with pdf files, then you also need:
    /Apps/iMIDIPatchbay/Sheets
    If you reinstalled the app, you don’t need to buy additional features again, you just need to perform a “Restore purchases” which is located at the very bottom of the Setup page.
    The first time you use Dropbox with the app (“Save backup to dropbox”/“Load backup from Dropbox” options within the Setip page), a Dropbox popoup will ask you if you allow access from iMIDIPatchbay app. If you already have the Dropbox app installed in your iPad you just need to say Ok, otherwise it will prompt for your Dropbox email address and your Dropbox password. After this procedure you should be able to use pdf files in setlists too.
    In my case, I had to manually create the /Sheets folder because for some reason it was not automatically created, but after that I copied my pdf files to that folder and I was able to access them with iMIDIPatchbay.
    I use the app for managing splits/patches/setlists/etc in my live rig with my band, so I entirely depend on it. I use it on an iPad Air 2 running IOS 11.4.1. I haven’t updated it to IOS 12 yet since I haven’t had the time to check all the apps I use in my other iPad Pro 9.7 with IOS 12. Just checked iMIDIPatchbay a few minutes ago and everything looks fine, including setlists and pdf files.
    Hope this helps. Please tell me if you need me to check some specific feature and I’ll do my best.

• I opened a thread on this a few days ago. Linking to Dropbox crashes IMPB. I had to reformat my iPad to get IMPB working, but without the $$10 Dropbox add on.
    I have sent multiple emails to the developer with my error files and even a screen video. No response. Not what I expected. Hope to have him solve it soon.

• @Rodolfo said:

I use the app for managing splits/patches/setlists/etc in my live rig with my band, so I entirely depend on it

I would love to see a rundown on this some time when you get a chance.

• KjoKjo
    edited September 2018

I don’t use the setlist function on IMIDIPatchbay. Instead I use BandHelper and send program changes from there... works fine!
    But I also tried to contact the developer twice .. No response either
    My problem is that when I forward control changes from master none of the controllers filters (sustain, expression, etc) works. It’s all bypassed. In other words, I can’t have control changes over a zone and filter sustain pedal. On the extern menu It says exactly the opposite....

• I use the app as well and the problem I have is when I use the sustain pedal it seems to overload the midi buffer and ends up holding the note forever. Sometimes it creates latency for my master 1 keyboard. The only way I know to resolve it is to turn off the keyboard and restart it. Any suggestion on how to fix this ?