Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Anybody here using USB-C charger for their iPad or iPhone?

edited September 2018 in Other

I was thinking about maybe picking one of those chargers up to use with my iPad Pro.

Is there anybody here who uses the Apple USB-C charger? I was thinking about getting the 30 watt.

I was wondering if the charger can keep up with a heavy duty music app that uses a lot of resources/battery?

What I mean is let's say that somebody is using Gadget and they have the USB-C charger charging their iPad, will the battery time decrease, increase or will it remain steady during use?

Comments

• schsch
    edited September 2018

Yup, I use the 29W charger on both the iPad Pro 12.9 (1st gen) and my iPhone 8+. Absolutely fabulous! Charges astonishingly fast. 👌🏻

While using Gadget, you will see the battery charging while you use it... it never decreases while on the charger.

• I got it for the iPad Pro 12.9" (2015). It was expensive, but it does make a significant difference because it charges very slowly with the packed in 12-watt charger. However, I just got an iPhone XS, and I understand that it supports fast charging with USB-C, so I have a second device I could now use it with.

• Great! thanks for the info!

I'll be picking one of those chargers up soon.

• The actual Apple was called 29W when I got mine but now seems to be called 30W. What? Are they rounding up or have they squeezed an extra Watt in there somewhere? I use one on this iPad Pro (26.7cm) and also occasionally on my iPhone 8+. I also have one of the 87W ones, but that isn’t useful (I should get sell it) as it doesn’t have the PD profiles for the iPad Pros and iPhones that would otherwise benefit from PD. It’ll still charge them, but not using PD.

• @u0421793 said:
    The actual Apple was called 29W when I got mine but now seems to be called 30W. What? Are they rounding up or have they squeezed an extra Watt in there somewhere? I use one on this iPad Pro (26.7cm) and also occasionally on my iPhone 8+. I also have one of the 87W ones, but that isn’t useful (I should get sell it) as it doesn’t have the PD profiles for the iPad Pros and iPhones that would otherwise benefit from PD. It’ll still charge them, but not using PD.

I noticed that also.

From what I read, it seems as if the 29 watt no longer exists and has been replaced by the Apple 30 watt. I'm not sure what 1 watt difference makes or why they decided to replace the old one, but that's the story, afaik.