Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Any SampleTank users here?

Ok , there’s no Auv3. But why dos it get such little love around here? It’s a great app IMO

Comments

• I’ve used it on a couple of tracks. Sampled some of the acoustic guitar and keys sounds into Korg Gadget and BM3 to make new layered sounds. It does have some good stuff in it. I use it mainly as a sound source for sampling into other apps to build new patches. I’ve used a few of the drum loops too by importing them into Gadget. As yet, I haven’t used it to construct anything within itself. There’s not much to tweak, as it’s not designed to be an actual fully programmable synth, and I’m a synth programmer preferring to create my own patches. But I’ve definitely found uses for it, and I still keep it installed as a provider of many different sounds to mangle in other apps.

• I used to use it quite a bit for live use. But I have transitioned my setup to be entirely AUv3 and so I've left it behind for now.

• @Telstar5 said:
    Ok , there’s no Auv3. But why dos it get such little love around here? It’s a great app IMO

Love SampleTank by @ikmultimedia & I have invested in a lot of sound packs.
    But the app is lagging behind in development. Auv3 should be implemented, it would make using it much easier.
    However, SampleTank is multitimbral. That’s a good thing. With SampleTank loaded as IAA, you don’t need any other synth apps. Provided you have the sounds you need.

I have bought both the Miroslav sound packs. As a classical composer I need orchestra sounds, and SampleTank is providing that. I also like the Moog sounds :smile:

But why IK Multimedia doesn’t update it... or any of their apps, is a mystery to me.

• I use it, and love it.

• @JeffChasteen said:
    I use it, and love it.

My name is Johnny Goodyear and I approve this message.

• I use it too. There are some brilliant virtual instruments there. I only wish there was more of a certainty it will become AUv3, and without compromise in terms of sound quality and the selection available. It would be really huge for me at least if that happened.

• I wish that the people at @ikmultimedia would at least allow for 8 separate outputs in audiobus instead of the aggravating single output!

• AUv3 and all the original desktop expansions and this would be the number one synth on IOS for me.

• I use it frequently as the sounds included fill a lot of needs, but of course I do wish for AUv3 support at some point.
    Also, I remember some years back when they released the SampleMoog pack; you might remember that IK released the desktop version of that alongside SampleTron, but we’ve never seen SampleTron as an add-on pack for iOS SampleTank (there’s that little sound pack you can download that has about six sounds but that’s it). Doesn’t seem like porting that over to iOS would be difficult since the mapping has already been done, right?

• @ikmultimedia : I agree , when this thing goes auv3 (a d yeah that Sampletron extended pack seems like a good idea , then Sampletank along w Beathawk would help make ios a truly viable recording medium

• Hey Guys!

We certainly appreciate all the feedback here. I can assure you guys we are all ears here and we are looking into these topics moving forward. We would suggest anyone interested in this topic to sign up for the IK Multimedia news letter to stay up to date with the latest developments.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/newsletter/

Make sure if you are interested in this topic to jump in the IK Multimedia forum and start a discussion :)

https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/

• @ikmultimedia : Good to know you’re lostening!

• No AU and kill the adware vibe...and i’ll Reload it...but for now it’s graveyarded

• IK stay to long to update their Apps , so much good iOS app they have and haven’t update in years.

• AUv3 is not everything for me,just like sampletank and TF7 is my favorite app,i‘m really enjoy it :)

• Deleted it as have gone down the AU path as well. Really hope it gets updated.

• I don’t mind that it’s not AU but on 12 the app crashes everytime when touching a knob. Waiting for some kind of update AU or otherwise.

• edited September 2018

I’m especially keen on hopefully one day seeing SampleTank AUv3 because there are some orchestral instruments there that neither iSymphonic (great as it is) nor SoundCanvas (ditto) don’t have. Just hoping to eventually have a full orchestral palette on iOS with all the common articulations and playing techniques.

• @jcdream Thanks for the feedback! We're glad to hear you enjoy SampleTank.

To everyone else on the AUv3 topic. I can assure you guys the AUv3 topic is certainly on our minds moving forward. This does seem like a great new way to expand the uses of iOS music making apps. In the meantime if you guys haven't checked out Syntronik CS, I would suggest doing so. This free app offers AUv3 usage and some great sounds to get you started.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/syntronikios/

@LucidMusicInc Keep an eye out for the next update. In the meantime, while not ideal, you can adjust your parameters in the MIDI learn page.

• @Ryan_IK said:
    @jcdream Thanks for the feedback! We're glad to hear you enjoy SampleTank.

To everyone else on the AUv3 topic. I can assure you guys the AUv3 topic is certainly on our minds moving forward. This does seem like a great new way to expand the uses of iOS music making apps. In the meantime if you guys haven't checked out Syntronik CS, I would suggest doing so. This free app offers AUv3 usage and some great sounds to get you started.

@LucidMusicInc Keep an eye out for the next update. In the meantime, while not ideal, you can adjust your parameters in the MIDI learn page.

Thanks for the heads up ;)

• @Ryan_IK said:
    @jcdream Thanks for the feedback! We're glad to hear you enjoy SampleTank.

When it goes au it will go back on the iPad. Hopefully y’all will make the decision to do it.

• Yeah, it’s on my iPad but I never use it . Syntronik is great but still
    @IK_Multimedia : I hope you guys make an acoustic guitar instrument akin to “Mondo bass” and put it on iOS. We badly need a guitar strumming app. I love your “American Acoustic”.. I have it. Perhaps an expanded strumming engine and patters?

• I own most of the instruments, but deleted it last year because of the in-app ads. Actually the main reason was the lack of AU coupled with the fact I could never reliably record with IAA. Just wasn’t worth all the space at the time. I’d reinstall everything if AU came along, but BeatHawk is pretty much filling that role now for me.

• edited October 2018

Thanks to this thread, I've pulled my old iPhone 4 out of the cave, gave it a quality heart massage and installed the last ST version that runs on iOS7.
    I'm surprised how well it runs, and the latency is shockingly low using the iRig Midi interface. It's now a 4-timbral sound module for Digitakt.
    Well done IK :smiley:

• @ikmultimedia another year rolls by. No sign of AU 🙄

• @billt said:
    @ikmultimedia another year rolls by. No sign of AU 🙄

Have they stopped support it do you know???

• I just addressed this a few day’s ago. @ikmultimedia agreed and said he would like to see Sampletank 4 implemented for iOS. He said it mark this as a high priority on his list . This would be huge and I think it’ll come eventually .
    Meanwhile though BeatHawk is long overdue for a major update .

• @Telstar5

I've tried the SampleTank CS version.
    The midi routing needs updating for sure.

I was about to purchase Miroslav 1 and 2 and I may still do.
    I need to know if it will survive a few years longer
    before I invest in both versions of Miroslav which
    are on sale price at the moment.

Still, if I get them there is the possibility of being able to transfer the IAP's.

• Hey Guys, for those of you interested, SampleTank iOS is still being supported and will be for some time. To my understanding AUv3 would take an overhaul of the app, but I can assure you guys the team is looking into the topic and we do appreciate the interest here. Keep an eye out for future developments in our news letter. Sign up below.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/newsletter/