Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Deep atmosheric techno from gadget

I think the reverb and delay are just fine if used properly in gadget

I ran this through grand finale and think it sounds ok, maybe I’ll change the drum kit later on

Had to install iMovie just to export the video too lol

Hope u like it

I’m going back to my techno roots

Comments

• I dig that. Some cool noises in there! How'd you make that video?

• @oddSTAR said:
    I dig that. Some cool noises in there! How'd you make that video?

Thank u

Wizibel app by klevgrand for the video

• edited September 2018

Nice Gadget work. Well done. I do all my stuff in Gadget too. I agree the delay and reverb are fine enough in the fx slots. I stay away from the main reverb send as there’s just no control over the frequencies which muddys up the mix quickly. Sometimes I duplicate a track and EQ out all low and mid frequencies on the duplicate, leaving just the top end to go through an inserted reverb and the original track is left dry with its top end EQd out. Sometimes works better for me that way than fiddling with the reverb frequency controls on just the one track. Can do this with the delay too. Good for drum tracks. It’s fun to pan duplicate tracks further apart in the stereo field and only apply the delay or reverb to one of them in the above manner. Keep up the fine Gadget work!

• Oh yeah, I use Wizibel but haven't worked much with the template you're using there, I guess. I always end up with falling snow/fireflies/random squiggles... Anyway, good use of Gadget!

• @Spidericemidas said:
    Nice Gadget work. Well done. I do all my stuff in Gadget too. I agree the delay and reverb are fine enough in the fx slots. I stay away from the main reverb send as there’s just no control over the frequencies which muddys up the mix quickly. Sometimes I duplicate a track and EQ out all low and mid frequencies on the duplicate, leaving just the top end to go through an inserted reverb and the original track is left dry with its top end EQd out. Sometimes works better for me that way than fiddling with the reverb frequency controls on just the one track. Can do this with the delay too. Good for drum tracks. It’s fun to pan duplicate tracks further apart in the stereo field and only apply the delay or reverb to one of them in the above manner. Keep up the fine Gadget work!

Thank u

And cool tips! I’m too lazy to try them today tho

• @oddSTAR said:
    Oh yeah, I use Wizibel but haven't worked much with the template you're using there, I guess. I always end up with falling snow/fireflies/random squiggles... Anyway, good use of Gadget!

Thank u again and lol at the random squiggles

• not exactly atmospheric.

• @99476598326 said:
    not exactly atmospheric.

Thank u for listening but please be specific in your statement about how it’s not atmospheric

Cheers

• Nice. I’d be of a breakdown of which gadgets you used for which parts.

• when i think of atmospheric, deep techno I think of its origins, specifically Donato Dozzy, Lory D, Jurgen Paape, Abdullah Rashim etc even going back to Kompakt and minimal techno.
    im getting more of a 1990s detroit feel from this with the organ lead in the front and the bpm and bassline bring forth a feel of modern edm really.

atmospheric techno is typically layered with drones, ambient ethereal pads panning in different directions and more of an overall drone feel mostly lacking in melody. but much heavier in percussion.

im not saying i dont like it nor am i being a techno elitist but i think calling it what youve called it is misleading in general.

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:
    Nice. I’d be of a breakdown of which gadgets you used for which parts.

Thanks for listening

London, Phoenix and Kiev were used

• @99476598326 said:
    when i think of atmospheric, deep techno I think of its origins, specifically Donato Dozzy, Lory D, Jurgen Paape, Abdullah Rashim etc even going back to Kompakt and minimal techno.
    im getting more of a 1990s detroit feel from this with the organ lead in the front and the bpm and bassline bring forth a feel of modern edm really.

atmospheric techno is typically layered with drones, ambient ethereal pads panning in different directions and more of an overall drone feel mostly lacking in melody. but much heavier in percussion.

im not saying i dont like it nor am i being a techno elitist but i think calling it what youve called it is misleading in general.

Well, the label I’m under ( using a different artist name) coined it as atmospheric techno to begin with even though I at first was thinking the track was more like minimal

But hey, let’s not get generic here and pidgeonhole according to what we think a subgenre should conform to cause that is what starts flame wars and tribalistic mindsets right?

I see what you mean by it sounding like Detroit but a lot of Detroit can be atmospheric too but I don’t see where the edm resonance comes from imho

By edm I guess you mean the pop style electro house type stuff or cheesy trance that is not actually trance?

In another sense, my track could be called edm cause it’s actually electronica and meant to be danced to and I’m hoping it’s actually some kind of music no matter what it’s called

Lol

• @mindscaper what label is that?

• Detroit techno is not known to be atmospheric

• @99476598326 said:
    @mindscaper what label is that?

That is a private concern

• @99476598326 said:
    Detroit techno is not known to be atmospheric

I guess you do not understand the meaning or feeling of the word in question then

All the best dude

• @99476598326 said:
    Detroit techno is not known to be atmospheric

“having, marked by, or contributing aesthetic or emotional atmosphere
    an atmospheric inn
    also : marked by an emphasis on impression or tone”

• I like keeping my label private as well.

• We can’t be bandying around labels now, can we!

• Google searching atmosphere and pasting it here isn't exactly convincing me that this is on the same realm as Donato Dozzy. Atmosphere as it relates to music is a different thing entirely.

• @99476598326 said:
    Google searching atmosphere and pasting it here isn't exactly convincing me that this is on the same realm as Donato Dozzy. Atmosphere as it relates to music is a different thing entirely.

No one was comparing anything to anyone

We agree to disagree, take your argument and falsely claimed techno phd elsewhere dude

It’s just music lol

• @mrcanister said:
    Nice sounds :smile:

Thank u sir

• I loved it. Although I do agree on it feeling more like Detroit techno than atmospheric.... But does it really matter what genre a track is ? As long as the listener likes it mission accomplished I think.