Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beatmaker3 keeps asking for restart in AB 3

Er...that's it really. Can't get it to open. Any ideas gratefully received.

Comments

• You just need to start BM3 before starting AB3.

• Maybe get an exorcist for safe measure

• Is there a link for a vid showing how to set up BM3 to trigger scenes and parts of scenes with a Launchpad pro.

Using it like Ableton.

Is that possible?

I have had the app for years but just recently find myself on it more and more.

• @RUST( i )K said:
    Is there a link for a vid showing how to set up BM3 to trigger scenes and parts of scenes with a Launchpad pro.

Using it like Ableton.

Is that possible?

Pretty sure you can't trigger scenes with MIDI. I'd really like to be able to do that.

• @BroCoast said:

@RUST( i )K said:
    Is there a link for a vid showing how to set up BM3 to trigger scenes and parts of scenes with a Launchpad pro.

Using it like Ableton.

Is that possible?

Pretty sure you can't trigger scenes with MIDI. I'd really like to be able to do that.

So I was wrong, you can do that. Via this view

& I think you can toggle back & forth from pads to that mode from controller too.

• @BroCoast said:

@BroCoast said:

@RUST( i )K said:

Using it like Ableton.

Is that possible?

& I think you can toggle back & forth from pads to that mode from controller too. It's global though, so changing scene on one bank changes scenes for all banks.

• @jazubon said:

Is BM3 crashing (are there BM3-named crash logs on your device)? Otherwise, if not: would you mind turning on Diagnostic Mode in the system Settings app under Audiobus, then waiting till the "restart" thing happens, and immediately using the "Get Support" button in the in-app settings to email me a log? (it'd help if you just make a note in that email so I can recognise you; I tend to delete blank support emails which come in from time to time)

• @Michael said:

@jazubon said:

Is BM3 crashing (are there BM3-named crash logs on your device)? Otherwise, if not: would you mind turning on Diagnostic Mode in the system Settings app under Audiobus, then waiting till the "restart" thing happens, and immediately using the "Get Support" button in the in-app settings to email me a log? (it'd help if you just make a note in that email so I can recognise you; I tend to delete blank support emails which come in from time to time)

If it matters, this isn’t a new problem with BM3. It’s always been like this. As long as you start BM3 before AB3 is actually running (not just before you add it into AB3), it works. Otherwise, no.

• @BroCoast said:

@BroCoast said:

@RUST( i )K said:

Using it like Ableton.

Is that possible?

& I think you can toggle back & forth from pads to that mode from controller too.

How do you get in that mode where a scene can be assigned to a pad?

OR

Better.

How do you save scenes to pads?

• Just go to pad view and press the scene button, any scenes will be on pads.

• @RUST( i )K said:

@BroCoast said:

@BroCoast said:

@RUST( i )K said:

Using it like Ableton.

Is that possible?

How do you get in that mode where a scene can be assigned to a pad?

OR

Better.

How do you save scenes to pads?

Like turntablist said you just hit scene on the right in pad mode. You can't save scenes to specific pads, it will just display all scenes. You can globally select scenes from any bank. Pretty basic compared to Ableton, but you can get around it with large amounts of scenes or muting tracks.

• Thanks Wim and Michael,
    Yes, it does work if you open BM3 before AB3....but I'll try and get the log to Michael. Not sure what the posts about scene triggering have got to do with this??