Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Pro2 Battery Drain?/Solved

Hi, I bought a used Pro2 last week ( 90 days old) and left it alone for two days. I noticed a significant power drop in that time. From 80% to 30%. Is that normal? No apps were running but wifi and Bluetooth were on. I guess it was on standby. Any ideas? Thanks.

Comments

• edited September 2018

Hi @LinearLineman
    I have also an 12.9 Pro 2 . I can not confirm that behavior.
    Last week I didn’t used the Pro 2 . After charging it to 100% I had 24 hours later still 100% Battery while in standby. After two days not using it, still 98% and so on... 👍

I was very surprised and of course very happy to notice that... 😊

• You may have had some ghost processes still running. Sometimes IAA apps in particular leave crud around even if you quit the app.

I always clear that stuff out after every music making session by closing down all apps, then holding down the power button until the slider shows up, then holding the home button until returned to the home screen. This helps to mystery battery drain as well as other music app wierdness.

You can also sometimes get a little bit of insight into the culprit by checking the battery settings. If the iPad was idle for 24 hours, you would be able to see the top apps that drained the battery.

• Thanks @Wim and @Chandroji. Will take your advice. Where would I find the battery settings? Thanks.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Thanks @Wim and @Chandroji. Will take your advice. Where would I find the battery settings? Thanks.

Main settings app > Battery (green icon) on the left hand side, 6 slots under General

• IOS settings > Battery

• edited September 2018

Thanks @oat_phipps and @wim!

Yes! Checked battery, showed Thumbjam 100%. Also showed the inapp bar with Cubasis controls on TJs home screen. Got rid of that and closed everything. I imagine that will do it. Thanks!

• When you’re not using it, you don’t need wifi or bluetooth. They both drain the battery.

• Thanks @TheOriginalPaulB. I am learning thanks to you guys.

• edited September 2018

@LinearLineman said:
    Thanks @oat_phipps and @wim!

Yes! Checked battery, showed Thumbjam 100%. Also showed the inapp bar with Cubasis controls on TJs home screen. Got rid of that and closed everything. I imagine that will do it. Thanks!

Apps that support only IAA are hard coded to use background audio (eg: Syntorial). When we use IAA, even Cubasis switches to background audio as apps need to produce sound when they are not in focus or in the background inside another app. However, Cubasis does not drain battery even with background audio on - as of v2.5.

• I’ve also had this happening with Adblocker. It was switched on, but the Application itself was closed. Cleaned out my battery in about 6 hours... . Now I always switch it off, as well as all Wlan and Bluetooth.

• Thumbjam also has a setting under Preferences: Options: called Power Saver. Enabling this will suspend background Audio after 10 minutes of inactivity to avoid battery drain as well.

• Thanks @DougW. I will check that out.

• @DougW said:
    Thumbjam also has a setting under Preferences: Options: called Power Saver. Enabling this will suspend background Audio after 10 minutes of inactivity to avoid battery drain as well.

Aaaah! Thank you! I didn’t know that.
    ThumbJam is my goto finger fiddling app.
    I use it all the time