Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Video of my live rig

Hi!

Just because it's fun to experiment with this kind of modular stage piano!

Comments

• Its amazing how sweet of a setup you can get with ios just by adding few extra items and some imagination, i think this is a prime example of it

• ooh, i like it. sounds really good.

• Nice, fun to see what others are doing👍🏼

• Sounds cool, congrats !

• Very slick, @StaffanKeys! Is AUM doing much or is MIDIFlow doing most of the app patching?

• @rtuckr said:
    Very slick, @StaffanKeys! Is AUM doing much or is MIDIFlow doing most of the app patching?

Thank you!

Midiflow is basically doing all the midi routing. In aum AUM I just choose aum virtual midi for all the Audio Units so they're not listening to the midi controller directly.

• @ToMess said:
    Its amazing how sweet of a setup you can get with ios just by adding few extra items and some imagination, i think this is a prime example of it

Thanks!

• This is exactly what I'm trying to do (I'm using an iPhone SE with a Zoom U24) so thanks for posting such a useful video!

I'm currently using AB with the MidiFlow plugins, but it looks like the standalone MidiFlow has additional functionality. I particularly like the midi controller mapping. Am I right in thinking you cannot do that from within AB?

@StaffanKeys is there any particular reason for choosing AUM over AB to host the plugins for this setup?

• @CheesieKeys said:
    This is exactly what I'm trying to do (I'm using an iPhone SE with a Zoom U24) so thanks for posting such a useful video!

I'm currently using AB with the MidiFlow plugins, but it looks like the standalone MidiFlow has additional functionality. I particularly like the midi controller mapping. Am I right in thinking you cannot do that from within AB?

@StaffanKeys is there any particular reason for choosing AUM over AB to host the plugins for this setup?

Good to hear! I'm not that familiar with audiobus and the Midiflow plugins, but the standalone version is extremely versatile. You can remap the cc info in almost any way imaginable and the Midiflow presets respond to program changes.

I can also have incoming note values determin which preset is being slected through program changes. That means that the buttons on the midimix (which send note data) can open presets in midiflow. Do no need to even fiddle with the iPhone/iPad screen.

I believe audiobus would work just as good as AUM to host the instruments in this setup? It hosts AUs and you can choose which AUs listens to what midi?

• Great workflow and sound! Happen to have any other recordings of your playing?

• @StaffanKeys said:
    I can also have incoming note values determin which preset is being slected through program changes. That means that the buttons on the midimix (which send note data) can open presets in midiflow. Do no need to even fiddle with the iPhone/iPad screen.

Very neat! I was thinking about trying StreamByter and hadn't even considered the standalone MidiFlow until this video. Looks like I need to do some experimenting with it - or just copy your setup! :)

@StaffanKeys said:
    I believe audiobus would work just as good as AUM to host the instruments in this setup? It hosts AUs and you can choose which AUs listens to what midi?

I'm running Ravenscroft, Galileo2 and Scarbee in Module via AudioBus. It works pretty well especially with the new midi mute functionality, but I like the idea of hardware integration for patch changes etc.

Has anyone had success in sending midi information back to a controller such as a Behringer Xtouch mini (which has LEDs around its knobs to show levels)?