Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Virsyn Reslice success stories/experiences

I bought reslice yesterday in attempt to substitute arp function in Samplr that I find uneven sync wise.

Despite trying different types of samples I’m struggling to get out anything inspiring or easily fitting with my current looping set up.

Can those who dig the app and use it often share examples of their usage please?

Video, audio or just how you integrate it with other apps, what kind of sample material works for you and how you use it.

Many thanks

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Dawdles said:
    I love Reslice but find lack of live global transpose mode a big limitation for how Id really like to use it. Finding patterns and then transposing them live via keys to fit other songs/sequences etc would be sweet...

Still cool tho. Generally I just throw random stuff in and mess around til I find interesting patterns. Kinda reminds me of Spacecraft in that sense.

But yeah, I feel like it's ultimately a lot more static/less playable than it could be. Very geared toward 'loops'.

Global transpose feature would send it over the top. Spits out good stuff as it is tho. Well worth the price for me.

Excellent idea! +1 for global transpose! Maybe add global scale function too, each slice takes the next tone in the scale.

• edited September 2018

@VirSyn any chance of a global transpose (meaning controllable via midi ) and scaling for the lovely Reslice?

• edited September 2018

I almost never use arp feature, and use it more like a traditional slicer played/recorded in midi. I use it a lot with Rozeta stuff too which does better things than internal arp IMO. It can even make a good feeder for FAC Envolver which will follow Rozeta/Reslice variations enveloppes to create midi notes/rythms and CC control. Just made this apeMatrix jam with that kind of setup, with a Rozeta/Reslice bongo feeding an Envolver/Volt lead:

• I found it to be a very nice 'utility' slicer AU and got good results out of it when I went in with a pre-conceived endpoint in mind, but didn't find it to be a creative canvas (like samplr) at all.

• @OscarSouth said:
    I found it to be a very nice 'utility' slicer AU and got good results out of it when I went in with a pre-conceived endpoint in mind, but didn't find it to be a creative canvas (like samplr) at all.

Same. Turn off the arp and point a keyboard or sequencer at it.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@OscarSouth said:
    I found it to be a very nice 'utility' slicer AU and got good results out of it when I went in with a pre-conceived endpoint in mind, but didn't find it to be a creative canvas (like samplr) at all.

Isn’t the sequencer and its various heads that makes the app interesting? I feel lack of sequencer makes this a poor man’s Abu Dhabi.

Anyway, from responses so far it seems that not many use it live but more like some kind of loop prep station. I find it very cerebral but can’t work it out whether it is just the learning curve obstacle or the app that isn’t really suited for live use?

• My use case is that I mess with it until I get lucky. Doesn't always happen, but when it does, I'm quite happy. I do use the arpeggiator, but I don't use it enough to really know what I'm doing.

• I really like the arp on reslice.

• @supadom said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@OscarSouth said:

Isn’t the sequencer and its various heads that makes the app interesting? I feel lack of sequencer makes this a poor man’s Abu Dhabi.

Anyway, from responses so far it seems that not many use it live but more like some kind of loop prep station. I find it very cerebral but can’t work it out whether it is just the learning curve obstacle or the app that isn’t really suited for live use?

I’ve used it live but if I wanted something more creative to do the same/similar thing I’d use Egoist. I liked ReSlice though and got what I wanted from it at the time.