Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ambient jam on prepared piano

A little OT, but I did use my ipad camera and microphone to capture this upright piano prepared with felt. No processing whatsoever. If anyone would like, I’ll be sampling the piano to use with AudioLayer. Let me know if that interests you.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Oh my! This is really beautiful... :love:
    Not sure if @LinearLineman has Audiolayer, but I would bet he would love to use these samples :wink:

• @ion677 I am absolutely interested in an AudioLayer instrument made from samples of this!

• Beautiful work! I’m way into this.

• Very nice prepared piano piece!
    I remember my first attempts at prepared piano. I snuck into the high school chorus room to use the grand (we had an upright at home) and the chorus teacher caught me with my chain, screwdrivers, and bolts. At first, he thought I was in there for a little teenage vandalism, but when I explained what I was up to, he was so impressed that a long haired teenage dirtbag was interested in the avant garde, he wrangled a week-long workshop at Mills College for me. What an incredibly nice guy! I am forever grateful to him.

• @theartwebreathe said:
    @ion677 I am absolutely interested in an AudioLayer instrument made from samples of this!

Me too, sounds amazing

• @ion677 said:
    I’ll be sampling the piano to use with AudioLayer. Let me know if that interests you.

Awesome. Please let us know when you have it sampled.

I would start with a set of soft (p), medium (mf) and loud (ff) samples of all C's and G's. (the extreme octaves are optional,IMHO) so maybe 5 (C's, G's) of each. That's 10 notes in 3 volumes or 30 samples. If you feel the need for more samples add some E's and keep filling gaps until you're happy with the playability in AudioLayer.

You can make more samples if you like but that typically means more time before you can share the results.

Thanks. I'll let @LinearLineman know he might want to invest in AudioLayer.

PS - I hope they fix the AUv3 problems in IOS 12 soon. It works except when you freeze tracks to audio in DAW's which is critical to finish projects.

• Very nice playing and sounds! How long does it take to get your piano prepared?

At the musical instrument museum in Brussels, they have a piano with all these apperatuses that do these kind of effects, and harmonics, like on a guitar, by cranking knobs and levers to get the arrays into position- kind of mechanical effects.

• Just in case anyone's interested there's an "app" for that

• Wow i missed that somehow. This sounds lovely. Hope you get the Audiolayer instrument ready. Great tone !!!

• edited October 2018

@audiblevideo said:
    Just in case anyone's interested there's an "app" for that

Been tempted by Bitklavier for some time. Actually got the desktop version to give it a try...

Edit: BTW, here's the documentation for it:
    http://manyarrowsmusic.com/bitKlavier/bitKlavierManual/bitKlavierManual.html

I know the dev has an account here, but I guess he ain't active