Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

PSA: We're totally mooching off you!

Hello lovely forum users,

We've decided to add a little script thing to our forum software that changes links to apps on the app store in a way that they add our affiliate marketing ID to them.

What does that mean?

We (Audiobus) are going to get a 5-7% cut out of the 30% that Apple get whenever someone buys an app after clicking on a link that was posted here on the forum. Whenever you're posting a link to an app, you're helping us pay for the server that this forum runs on.

The app developer still gets the same amount of money and the price of the app stays the same as well.

We could have just not told you about this because it really doesn't hurt anyone (other than Apple) but we thought it would be good form to do so.

Flame away,

The Audiobus Team

PS: We love you.

Comments

• Jolly good idea. You are entirely entitled to do this - and may you make the millions you deserve :-)

• edited December 2013

all for it. How else are you going to pay for adding the self hosted image feature? CAT PICTURES COST MONEY PEOPLE.

If you're willing, I'd be interested to know how it works. I paste a regular link to the app store... does vanilla/php change the link before it's published or does javascript just look for app store links and append your affiliate code? And, if you're even more willing... does apple track affiliate links to the web itunes store after someone selects 'open in'? I should probably leave you alone and ask the google monster. :)

• @syrupcore said:

all for it. How else are you going to pay for adding the self hosted image feature? CAT PICTURES COST MONEY PEOPLE.

If you're willing, I'd be interested to know how it works. I paste a regular link to the app store... does vanilla/php change the link before it's published or does javascript just look for app store links and append your affiliate code?

It's a php script, not Javascript and it happens every time a web site is delivered to someone, without changing the 'source code' of your forum post. So it's completely transparent to users and doesn't interfere with any editing etc.

And, if you're even more willing... does apple track affiliate links to the web itunes store after someone selects 'open in'? I should probably leave you alone and ask the google monster. :)

I'm not following. 'Open in'?

• Good show boys. Would you be able to share some of the conversion rate stats with the devs of respective apps? By default Apple doesn't tell me when someone sees my app on the App Store, only when someone buys it. It'd be mighty useful to know how many people see it but don't buy it.

• edited March 2014

• You must be rich like Dagobert already.You should give morris 2-3%.He is most responsible for us being poor most of the time :)

• edited March 2014

• It's a shame that couldn't be retroactive! This forum must have driven a huge amount of sales....and I'm just talking about those I bought ;-)

• Doing the math... With 2000 visitors a day, what if 1% buy a $5 app? That's not bad, it should cover the cost of the site. Hopefully you get even more.

I would not be offended if you put links to your 4 or 5 personal favorite apps along the right side of the page here. As long as it is from Apple's portion... Mooch all you want =)

Also, does this apply when clicking on the compatible app links within the Audiobus app?

• @Rhism said:

By default Apple doesn't tell me when someone sees my app on the App Store, only when someone buys it. It'd be mighty useful to know how many people see it but don't buy it.

With Linkshare that would have been easier, but Apple's new system that replaced Linkshare is really hard to use and actually quite a mess to get any decent data out. Tradedoubler is even worse so... I don't know if we'll ever be able to tell this in a reliable manner.

• edited December 2013

@Crabman said:

You must be rich like Dagobert already.

One of these days I'd really like to share what kind of salary the average iOS music dev makes...

• edited December 2013

Glad for you guys. Thanks for sharing with us. A question. Does that happen if apps are purchased from the Apps page, because I have personally followed the links there, many times?.

• edited December 2013

@Sebastian Are you not allowed to? It would be the average, so you'd not be giving away any particular dev's private financial info. Personally, I can't see how any of you make a living from selling music apps.

• @mgmg4871 said:

Glad for you guys. Thanks for sharing with us. A question. Does that happen if apps are purchased from the Apps page, because I have personally followed the links there, many times?.

Yep. And that has always been the case. Also: Thank you!

@PaulB said:

@Sebastian Are you not allowed to? It would be the average, so you'd not be giving away any particular dev's private financial info. Personally, I can't see how any of you make a living from selling music apps.

Oh I'm allowed to but I'm not sure if I should.

• Good to know. From now on I will make it a point to find an app link via AB's website or forums when making any music app purchase so that you guys get a cut.

This would also underscore the importance of making sure to put app store links in our posts for those of us that post news about app releases, sales, updates, etc.

• I'll go outta my way to buy them via the forum as well.

• @funjunkie27 said:

I'll go outta my way to buy them via the forum as well.

Me three. Too bad you can't put links to Auria's IAP's. You'd make a small fortune off me alone.

• I'm going to purchase Music Studio or anything else.

That script is already working?

• @fjcblanco said:

I'm going to purchase Music Studio or anything else.

That script is already working?

Hah, yeah. But you could also just search for it in our compatible apps directory. Same technology: http://audiob.us/apps

You guys are the best. :)

• @Sebastian said:

@mgmg4871 said:

Yep. And that has always been the case. Also: Thank you!

@PaulB said:

Oh I'm allowed to but I'm not sure if I should.

I think you totally should. I already shared many of my numbers several moons ago and most people found it to be an engaging conversation.

@boone51 when you click an affiliate link (like from the ab apps list, the forum, discchord, iOS Mars etc) that affiliate id is active on all purchases you make on that device within 24 hrs - including IAPs. The only thing that disables the affiliate before 24 hrs is clicking on a different affiliate link

• I'm in complete support of this @Sebastian! :-) I'll purchase all my apps from this site (even non-audio ones) even if I have to make a URL link and post it here first. ;-)

• I really don't care to know the numbers. Just seems too personal to me. I just wish success.

• Would a non-AB app, with the link in the forum, still count? It sounds like it would. If so, that's great!

• It's a bit cheeky to ask how much @Sebatian makes as a developer. How many people here would post how much they earn? Even if somebody did, it is purely a personal thing. FWIW, I will do my utmost best to buy apps via the links on this site. Good luck.

• I don't think @Sebastian was offering to share his personal numbers, rather the "average". He's one of very few developers who has enough experience (deep and broad) in the App Store to have insight into the averages.

• just fyi, I make 4 bajillion dollars an hour. I'm for hire as well, so if any of you need my services...

• Testing picture upload thing...

• He said average, I said average, it's been quoted twice. Just in case any uncertainty remains, we're discussing AVERAGE developer earnings, not a particular developer's earnings. Statistical, not specific.

• Very good, makes me always wanna come to this place first, from now on. Also seems to show how much Apple acknowledges what you guys do for the ecosystem, don't it?
    Congrats and successmultiplying-wishes from this cold corner of the world!,
    Cheers

• edited December 2013

In theory, it will works with ANY app, related to music, AB or anything else?
    (Just curiosity, I don't wanna convert anything into a chaos).
    I mean, we're cheating about making an album, someone asks to any app to make the artwork, someone else tell him about a drawing app...
    Repeat: just curiosity to know how this really works.