PSA: Don't update to iOS 12.4 if you use apps in AB output slot or IAA apps that use the mic.
https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/34030/urgent-psa-hold-off-updating-to-ios-12-4-if-you-use-apps-in-output-slot-in-audiobus

$350-$500: What do you buy?(hardware)

Already have Circuit.

«13456

Comments

  • If you like Korg products you instantly buy a Minilogue. If you don't like Korg products ... i ask why? B)

  • Rc505? Beatbuddy?

    Tell us what do you need bráh I’m an expert wasting others money... :trollface:

  • Less adventurous- Minilogue or Monologue
    More adventurous- Koma Field Kit and a ton piezos

  • A second-hand Digitakt :)

  • @rs2000 said:
    A second-hand Digitakt :)

    I would second(hand) that too. I have a digitone and these things are amazing.
    Digitakt would be perhaps better for your needs, I don't know. But for 500 you should get a little used one.

  • As you were asking about elec piano sounds the other day....
    Yamaha Reface CP ?

    You may even stretch to 2 (DX , CS, YC) if you can get a deal somewhere...I'm constantly thinking about getting the YC ... if I had the budget I'd get all four :)

  • What do you want it for? Do you play keys? Pads? You want drums? Synth sounds? Sample based?

    Do you have good controllers for your ipad?

    Without knowing any of this i would say to look for a segond hand digitakt. Should be around 500. Maybe a little more.

  • edited September 2018

    FYI, I'm using the Digitakt as a MIDI clock master over both USB-MIDI and hardware MIDI, so I can use hardware transport buttons :smile:

    These are the apps I'm currently using that can slave-synchronize to the Digitakt:

    • Groove Rider: Using a Bluetooth MIDI dongle at the Digitakt's MIDI out port and GR connecting to it, by adjusting negative latency in GR I can eliminate the Bluetooth latency. Super-tight sync over Bluetooth.
    • KORG Gadget: An iPad connected to the Digitakt USB port either using an Apple CCK/USB3 or the Focusrite iTrack Dock to sync over USB MIDI.
    • Genome MIDI: Connected to Digitakt USB like Gadget. Good when I want to sequence external MIDI synths and samplers. The Digitakt also has 8 MIDI tracks that are 4-voice polyphonic, but Genome is a lot more user-friendly and faster to edit notes and chords, and the possibility to launch patterns on-the-fly, independent from Digitakt, is worth something. Note that when using both external gear and the Digitakt, you'll need a USB hub and either an additional MIDI interface or other gear that has a USB MIDI port (like the Waldorf blofeld etc).

    TBH, since GR-16 and Gadget and a few synth IAPs, I'm using my hardware synths not as much as I did a few years ago.

  • Red Panda Tensor. Mangle some loops, make the most of what you already have!

  • There's also the potential of getting a new/used Behringer Deepmind 6 or Arturia Minibrute 2 as options in addition to the KORG(s). Also the Roland D-05 or Novation Monostation Circuit. So many choices!!

  • I'm probably going for the Roli Seaboard Block-Touch Block bundle on sale for $50 until October.

  • edited September 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @vitocorleone123 said:
    There's also the potential of getting a new/used Behringer Deepmind 6 or Arturia Minibrute 2 as options in addition to the KORG(s). Also the Roland D-05 or Novation Monostation Circuit. So many choices!!

    The Novation Monostation Circuit is another choice that I'd like too.

  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Dawdles said:
    Chase Bliss Thermae.
    Used Digitakt.
    Field Kit FX
    O-coast
    Used Mother 32.
    Neutron.
    Model D.
    Minilogue.
    Sp404 (used OG version)
    Microgranny
    Volca FM
    Organelle
    Used sherman filterbank
    Used Push 2 (if you use Ableton)
    Used analog heat

    Dang... This game's making me wanna go shopping ;)

    Thanks for the extensive reminder :D

  • Screw all that normal-sounding stuff. Make Noise O-Coast.

  • Some fx pedals, or a smaller, more portable bass combo.

  • A huge collection of rare LP’s

  • edited September 2018

    Make noise 0-coast. I fucking love it.
    Specially when paired with my beatstep Pro. Just the amount of stuff you can do purely with CV is mind boggling.

    People that have midi designer even can access the hidden features using an iPad:-

    If you have a digitakt and an O-coast you literally need nothing else to make music with:-

    Best part is they keep adding features via firmware updates. They even made a max4live patch to access hidden controls. You will need a midi interface to connect it to the PC though.

    Just check out make noises channel. The amount of patch videos and tutorials they have released for this unit is fantastic.

    At this moment there are 43!

    0-COAST:

    There is literally no synth out there that sounds exactly like the 0-coast. And I love that. While it's lack of filter might make you pause the 0-coast can literally be the starting point for your first modular. Just get your own filter module and patch It in if you really need it for more traditional synthesis. Myself I'm pretty happy with the overtone and balance circuits.

    Hope that was a good answer for you @RUST( i )K :)

  • The 0-Coast looks great. I"m not allowing myself to buy though until I complete the modular synthesis course featuring Ripplemaker (and a Moog app).

  • Yeah, Ripplemaker settled down my burning desire for an 0-coast. Of course, I haven't clicked play on any of those videos yet. :)

  • @Dubbylabby said:
    Rc505? Beatbuddy?

    Tell us what do you need bráh I’m an expert wasting others money... :trollface:

    Well thinking maybe Circuit Mono Station or then thought maybe Korg MS20.

    I like touching knobs sometimes.

    Waitwut.

    I am at a weird place where I am not sure what I want to make my permanent set up.

    I just moved into a house and setting up digs so with set up I am thinking where I am I headed.

    More production or more performance based.

    Behind scenes writing or A/R or onstage doing the damn thing.

    I have a book thing I am wanting to finish as well so looking for things to click into place.

    I could get into a my whole future of electronic music IMO thing but that is another thread.

    Needless to say, I see a huge shift from DJ to performance stuff expediting itself over next year or two.

    So my choices are somehow taking that into account I suppose.

    I know I want a new midi keyboard because MOD WHEEL is jacked up again but It will do for now.

    I am also on fence with bluetooth midi and how much I will rely on it.

    I do know I love playing with knobs on things that make noise besides the ole glass screens.........

  • @AndyPlankton said:
    As you were asking about elec piano sounds the other day....
    Yamaha Reface CP ?

    You may even stretch to 2 (DX , CS, YC) if you can get a deal somewhere...I'm constantly thinking about getting the YC ... if I had the budget I'd get all four :)

    Humm..

    Never even thought about that aspect.

    You stalking my threads.....?

    LOL

  • I spent my last 300 on a subpac! Happy I did.

  • @MrSmileZ said:
    I spent my last 300 on a subpac! Happy I did.

    I take a 50 L (US) jacket

    What sizes they come in?

    LOL

  • If I had the spare dosh, I’d just get a Roland Gaia which would sit very nicely with my Roland JP-8000. I left hardware alone since I got mobile with iPad music making two years ago. But now iOS has become really good at integrating with hardware!

  • @Spidericemidas said:
    If I had the spare dosh, I’d just get a Roland Gaia which would sit very nicely with my Roland JP-8000. I left hardware alone since I got mobile with iPad music making two years ago. But now iOS has become really good at integrating with hardware!

    Dosh.

    Interesting.

  • I’ve seen some pretty big dudes sporting it...but it comes in S2 for a chair as well.

  • @RUST( i )K said:

    @Dubbylabby said:
    Rc505? Beatbuddy?

    Tell us what do you need bráh I’m an expert wasting others money... :trollface:

    Well thinking maybe Circuit Mono Station or then thought maybe Korg MS20.

    I like touching knobs sometimes.

    Waitwut.

    I am at a weird place where I am not sure what I want to make my permanent set up.

    I just moved into a house and setting up digs so with set up I am thinking where I am I headed.

    More production or more performance based.

    Behind scenes writing or A/R or onstage doing the damn thing.

    I have a book thing I am wanting to finish as well so looking for things to click into place.

    I could get into a my whole future of electronic music IMO thing but that is another thread.

    Needless to say, I see a huge shift from DJ to performance stuff expediting itself over next year or two.

    So my choices are somehow taking that into account I suppose.

    I know I want a new midi keyboard because MOD WHEEL is jacked up again but It will do for now.

    I am also on fence with bluetooth midi and how much I will rely on it.

    I do know I love playing with knobs on things that make noise besides the ole glass screens.........

    Maybe an aira mx1? It could be useful in each option you described...

  • edited September 2018

    (non)comment removed

Sign In or Register to comment.