Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Crazed rant due to iOS music making apps

iMPC Pro2 crash after crash......grrr
This app won’t export to this app.....grrrrrr
Garage Band does not do this or this.......grrrrrrrrrr
BM3 missing shop.......grrrrrrrrrrr
Can’t get Reason Compact seen by grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

iOS music making is sooooo frustrating sometimes.....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

It’s all enough to make me nuts

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'm actually happy I got some other 'toys' to play with when iOS rant-mood strikes...
    The UNO Synth & Volca Bass are really fun to play with and perfect 'Sampler Fodder' :)

• I’m onboard....5 minutes in Logic always makes me feel like, what the hell am I doing wasting so much time just trying to make things work “enough” on that iPad when it’s all right here! Working flawlessly! But then I go to reach for Spacecraft, LayR or Samplr in my Logic plug-ins list and realize just how many amazing things exist on that iPad and nowhere else. It pulls me back in. For my workflow and interests I just try to accept that this device isn’t capable of complex or extensive production, but that it’s an incredible and unique sound design machine that I can take anywhere, and will occasionally want to toss out the window while cursing its name.

• My gut feeling is that nanostudio the second will satisfy even the most fussy iOS music maker

I really don’t get the complaints

I’ve been nothing but happy with iOS apps and don’t miss desktop whatsoever

• Most of my music making is either on a desktop Maschine/Komplete/Reason combo, or jumping about with a bass with the band.

I can still get a usable groove going very quickly with my iOS apps though, and you can’t beat the iPad sample manglers for instant weirdness.

• edited September 2018

My prediction is that [upcoming app] will finally deliver on [my particular iOS needs].

:D

• Well. Ableton live export is so damn useful for me. Build a beat in patterning, do some synth melodies in gadget, etc. Save as ableton projects in Dropbox. Drag and drop all those disparate elements into ableton using it's stellar drag and drop between project abilty and add effects and more complex processing to your heart's content. I never understood this entire concept of either desktop/laptop or iOS. I'm extremely happy using both.

• Love the picture!
    Understand the rant.
    I'm not there right now. All my apps are functioning at a higher level than I am.

• @mindscaper said:
    My gut feeling is that nanostudio the second will satisfy even the most fussy iOS music maker

Curious as to why your gut feels that way?

• @brambos said:
    My prediction is that [upcoming app] will finally deliver on [my particular iOS needs].

[random three character acronym] squeeeeaaal!

• @mindscaper said:
    My gut feeling is that nanostudio the second will satisfy even the most fussy iOS music maker

I really don’t get the complaints

Except that nano studio the second is vaporware to most of us.

• @brambos said:

LOL, and so true. It's the journey, not the destination.

• edited September 2018

Why don't you just pick what really works for you and ignore the rest?
    If there is no such app then use your desktop machine.
    Music applications for Mac and Win have been out for decades and they're mostly very stable and consistent. And wtf, you have full access to your own files!

• im just happy to be in there somewhere.

• I mostly give up after 15 minutes now but i still try again and again.

• You can always tell where others are coming from when you post a good rant lol.

I could probably tell from reply’s what people use and don’t use - Mystic Peg here I go :D

I’m pretty aware grass isn’t really greener on the other side though - people always talk like this will solve it or that will solve it - I think if there is a way to break it, I will! :p

Some days the music Gods just like their pound of flesh and nothing you do will sort it out ;)

I am working on either hardware or a laptop addition though, as the eggs in one basket iPad approach is making me balding quicker :D

• @brice said:
    I’m onboard....5 minutes in Logic always makes me feel like, what the hell am I doing wasting so much time just trying to make things work “enough” on that iPad when it’s all right here! Working flawlessly! But then I go to reach for Spacecraft, LayR or Samplr in my Logic plug-ins list and realize just how many amazing things exist on that iPad and nowhere else. It pulls me back in. For my workflow and interests I just try to accept that this device isn’t capable of complex or extensive production, but that it’s an incredible and unique sound design machine that I can take anywhere, and will occasionally want to toss out the window while cursing its name.

But Alchemy is there. The only synth i need on iOS so hard :)
    But i also say NS2 will do it for me on iOS and everything bigger is for Logic. The stock instruments and FX are better than most of my iOS stuff.
    But for expressive leads i still love my iPhone and some Moog apps. Just need 1-2 fingers and 3D touch.
    That‘s where iOS devices shine. For super complex layered soundscapes i wouldn‘t even try now.
    I want more innovative FX (like Kaleidoscope) for iOS!!!

• This is why I stick with apps like Gadget and Electribe Wave. I use them only on their own. None of that Frankenstein shit with a combination of apps or AUs. It ain’t worth it for me. The simplicity of one app keeps me focused on what I intend to do with no trouble at all. Gone are the days of chasing down the next “game changer”. That shit’s all hype created by people with the lack of skills needed to work with what they already have. Less is more.

• I’m waiting for Apple’s Oct/Nov event with rumored LPX and FCPX announcements for iOS

• @MobileMusic said:
    I’m waiting for Apple’s Oct/Nov event with rumored LPX and FCPX announcements for iOS

Game Changer :o :D

• If LPX and fcpx releases on the iPad ...they are sell plasma instabuy type things along with the iPad they get delivered with...

If they are “complete” I will be leaving my desktop forever...so please let this happen as it is the next step already

• Man I will will miss izotope, serum, and celemony though...=(...oh well, they’ll get here eventually I guess lol

• I do wonder if there's a Logic Pro X update waiting after I finish installing macOS Mojave :)

• @Samu said:
    I do wonder if there's a Logic Pro X update waiting after I finish installing macOS Mojave :)

I wonder myself but Apple servers are slow right now....

• @MrSmileZ said:
    If LPX and fcpx releases on the iPad ...they are sell plasma instabuy type things along with the iPad they get delivered with...

If they are “complete” I will be leaving my desktop forever...so please let this happen as it is the next step already

But don't forget the new Apple iPad Pros well cross the $1000 mark easily.

• My last iPad Pro crossed that finish line already ...so like I said plasma time....hahahah, at least it isn’t for crack

• @Cib said:

@Samu said:
    I do wonder if there's a Logic Pro X update waiting after I finish installing macOS Mojave :)

The download took a few minutes but the installation is sloooooooow :D

• edited September 2018

@Samu said:

@Cib said:

@Samu said:

The download took a few minutes but the installation is sloooooooow :D

But there would be already news if there would be an update. But i guess the next big Logic update v10.5 comes soon anyway and i bet it´s Mojave only. So i prepare....

• I need to say, that i started to get a little bit productive with Xequence and AUM in AudioBus and some arbitrary Synths or Samplers in AUM :) :) :)

So far, i just record the tracks into AUM -> AudioShare and am just horting them there.

Later, i may use Cubasis or better BeatMaker 3 (because of the Scene Mode) to get my mix ... and if that produces something usefull, i would try Auria Pro to master it.
    Hehe, just Utopia :D

But the above combo realy helps to get out things quite fast!