Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How could I make the deep powerful sound of a grand cathedral pipe organ without sampling?

I'm not referring to a full reproduction, just a few low notes. I think it would be a fun exercise, provided it is possible with an iOS app.

Comments

• You just need enough OSC‘s (which you spread all one octave higher each as the first).
    Repeat that with several instances if you can.
    My favorite huge pipe organ sounds are no samples....just synthesis.
    Model 15 might do it well on iOS.
    Zeeon can do it too.

• Virsyn Addictive Pro. Additive is the way to go here.

• I.m pretty sure Galileo will manage this.

• As an aside, it is interesting think that for hundreds of years, the only place that you would ever hear the kind of thunderous low notes that a pipe organ can produce would have been a church. Then along came synths and claimed that sonic ground!

• edited September 2018

that brings back memories of a former neighbour downstairs... who used to start the day with the famous Bach Toccata at level the wooden floor vibrated :o :D
    ps: you might send it through a bass amp

• wimwim
    edited September 2018

@PhilW said:
    As an aside, it is interesting think that for hundreds of years, the only place that you would ever hear the kind of thunderous low notes that a pipe organ can produce would have been a church. Then along came synths and claimed that sonic ground!

We used to go to a place called Pizza ‘n Pipes. It was a pizza joint with one full wall taken up with a massive pipe organ salvaged from a cathedral somewhere. The bass literally felt like being at a rave. It was awesome. I was sooo sad when I found years later that it had closed.

• @PhilW said:
    As an aside, it is interesting think that for hundreds of years, the only place that you would ever hear the kind of thunderous low notes that a pipe organ can produce would have been a church. Then along came synths and claimed that sonic ground!

To keep going with that - until the last roughly 150 years out of the thousands of human music making, the only way to hear a musical instrument was to begin the presence of it.

• @wigglelights said:

@PhilW said:

To keep going with that - until the last roughly 150 years out of the thousands of human music making, the only way to hear a musical instrument was to begin the presence of it.

And here I am traveling 70 mph on an empty road and I can listen to almost anything ever recorded just by asking for it with my voice

• edited December 2018

To answer my own original question the best synthesized pipe organ I've heard is the "Cathedral Organ" preset in the new Aurturia Pigments synthesizer for PC/Mac, which is currently free to use until January 10.