Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

FAC Envolver And ApeMatrix Live Audio Scrubbing

The audio coming from the sampler provided in ApeMatrix is fed into FAC Envolver which in turn sends MIDI CC and NOTES to Zeeon synth. Scrubbing the audio manually provides a nice way to generate outstanding live sequences!

By the way FAC Envolver 2.1 is available on the App Store since yesterday:

What's New:
• Replace MIDI Note Gate chart by dashed lines
• Update rise and fall ranges
• Update some labels and colours
• Addition of a new preset (SQ BrB Tom)
• Bug Fixes, Stability And Performance Enhancements

Comments

• This is such a versatible app. Before Envolver I had to use FabFilters Timeless to get envelope followers to control audio. The Timeless tutorials have some great creative ways to use them. Anyway, Im glad these functions are now available outside Auria.

One question @FredAntonCorvest, can Midi in trigger the envelopes in Envolver? If not is this something anyone wants apart from me? Afaik atm only Audio triggers the envelopes but I find using midi to trigger them easier.

• That is so cool. Gotta try it me self.

• Cooooool....

• I didn’t really have a clear idea of what Envolver did until now. Been using some presets to good effect, but that’s about the extent of it... until now.

Sending external midi out has opened this right up. This thing is really cool! Been sending both side to a sample, and one side to a synth, and the each side out to MVO8, and the other side out to SynthDrum & Drum AUs while starting with the DUB preset.

So many possibilities! Thanks for the video @FredAntonCorvest

• @Richtowns said:
    This is such a versatible app. Before Envolver I had to use FabFilters Timeless to get envelope followers to control audio. The Timeless tutorials have some great creative ways to use them. Anyway, Im glad these functions are now available outside Auria.

👍👍

One question @FredAntonCorvest, can Midi in trigger the envelopes in Envolver? If not is this something anyone wants apart from me? Afaik atm only Audio triggers the envelopes but I find using midi to trigger them easier.

I want to be sure to understand properly the request, I think it's the second time I read that (it was on twitter if I remember properly).

So basically:

• a new option to only generate the envelope (Sending MIDI notes and CC) during the MIDI input notes ON/OFF period?
    • for all circuit types of course (follower and trigger gate). Ohhhhh it will be amazing on the trigger gate!
    • the side effect (good!) is that the noise gate (if engaged) will only work between note on and off.
  • edited September 2018

@skiphunt said:
    I didn’t really have a clear idea of what Envolver did until now. Been using some presets to good effect, but that’s about the extent of it... until now.

Sending external midi out has opened this right up. This thing is really cool! Been sending both side to a sample, and one side to a synth, and the each side out to MVO8, and the other side out to SynthDrum & Drum AUs while starting with the DUB preset.

Fac Envolver is a beast (quite pretty...) to tame :) My pleasure!!!

• edited September 2018

That’s super interesting, advanced stuff!!! ;)

I’ve also to try an AU synth triggered by Envolver feeded by Reslice triggered by Rozeta stuff... B)

• So basically:

• a new option to only generate the envelope (Sending MIDI notes and CC) during the MIDI input notes ON/OFF period?
    • for all circuit types of course (follower and trigger gate). Ohhhhh it will be amazing on the trigger gate!
    • the side effect (good!) is that the noise gate (if engaged) will only work between note on and off.

Ah, thats good if you heard it somewhere else too, might be demand.
    I think that sounds great what you have described but just so as you know FabFilter envelopes in Timeless etc only care about note on so the midi note on triggers the start of the whole process, attack then decay. The reason I think that is I have had kick drums triggering delay via envelope follower and the delay started just after the kick finished (by having an small attack) and continued for a second or soo (by having a longer decay). If the envelope had stopped on midi note off this wouldnt work, if you get me!

So, in summary to your points
    *Yes, A new option (on Fabs its just an option to recieve midi in but you already have this so yours could be) “midi note on triggers env”
    *Ok, this is different so for trigger gate maybe, you might want to have midi note off stop the gate. I hadn’t thought about this but it sounds great :o
    *Any side effects will be great for creativity. All my best stuff was done on Phenobarbital (joke)

• Nice idea! This app is top of my list.
    New to midi effects, super fun!
    Can someone help me further understand what an envelope follower is/does?
    (As opposed to an lfo)
    Appreciate laymans terms 😉
    -thx

• @Janosax said:

I’ve also to try an AU synth triggered by Envolver feeded by Reslice triggered by Rozeta stuff... B)

This sounds so cool! Feel free to post your experimentations!

• @Richtowns said:

So basically:

Ah, thats good if you heard it somewhere else too, might be demand.
    I think that sounds great what you have described but just so as you know FabFilter envelopes in Timeless etc only care about note on so the midi note on triggers the start of the whole process, attack then decay. The reason I think that is I have had kick drums triggering delay via envelope follower and the delay started just after the kick finished (by having an small attack) and continued for a second or soo (by having a longer decay). If the envelope had stopped on midi note off this wouldnt work, if you get me!

So, in summary to your points
    *Yes, A new option (on Fabs its just an option to recieve midi in but you already have this so yours could be) “midi note on triggers env”
    *Ok, this is different so for trigger gate maybe, you might want to have midi note off stop the gate. I hadn’t thought about this but it sounds great :o
    *Any side effects will be great for creativity. All my best stuff was done on Phenobarbital (joke)

I think that we are on the same wavelength :)

Always open to extend my products, I can't give a planning because something is already in the pipe.
    But I like the idea :) Anyone else interested in this?

• @Janosax said:

That sounds like some great Frankenstein shit right there! :D B)

• @breilly said:
    Nice idea! This app is top of my list.

🙏🏼

(As opposed to an lfo)
    -thx

I think the wikipedia page contains some nice illustration, you ll get the point for sure :)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Envelope_detector

For example in FAC Envolver the red line is yellow (top of the waveform viewer) and can deliver MIDI CC to control any parameters of your software or hardware synths or effects too... Endless possibilities! Please also have a look to the online documentation as well http://fredantoncorvest.com/FAC_Envolver.html

• Ohhh yes :)

Love FAC Envolver ? Leave a ★★★★★ review on the App Store 🙏🏼

• @breilly said:
    (As opposed to an lfo)
    -thx

I'm definitely a layman, so I'll give it a shot. There are many on this forum who can correct me.

An envelope follower "follows" incoming audio and, in the case of FAC Envolver, sends midi CC data based on amplitude of that sound.

So, in a simple use case, you might have a drum app in AUM. Using FAC Envolver in the effect slot which is tracking the sound of the drum, you can send midi cc data to another app based on the volume of that sound (note that Envolver is not having any effect on the sound of the drums themselves). So I could send that CC data to mess with any control on another app also hosted in AUM. A really cool/easy thing to do is to have that drum app play and hit the "invert" button on the Envolver and send a CC to the reverb mix button on some other app that is playing - every time the drum hits (gets loud), the reverb mix decreases, but increases between hits (drum is silent). Also works for delays and the like and is very useful for ducking and side-chaining.

The newest version of FAC Envolver can also now do much, much more and is quite complex - mind bogglingly so (to me).

Hope this helps.

• @ALB said:

@breilly said:
    (As opposed to an lfo)
    -thx

I'm definitely a layman, so I'll give it a shot. There are many on this forum who can correct me.

An envelope follower "follows" incoming audio and, in the case of FAC Envolver, sends midi CC data based on amplitude of that sound.

So, in a simple use case, you might have a drum app in AUM. Using FAC Envolver in the effect slot which is tracking the sound of the drum, you can send midi cc data to another app based on the volume of that sound (note that Envolver is not having any effect on the sound of the drums themselves). So I could send that CC data to mess with any control on another app also hosted in AUM. A really cool/easy thing to do is to have that drum app play and hit the "invert" button on the Envolver and send a CC to the reverb mix button on some other app that is playing - every time the drum hits (gets loud), the reverb mix decreases, but increases between hits (drum is silent). Also works for delays and the like and is very useful for ducking and side-chaining.

The newest version of FAC Envolver can also now do much, much more and is quite complex - mind bogglingly so (to me).

Hope this helps.

Huge help! And i understood every word 👍🏼
    Midi effect apps allow such creativity.
    Buying now, they should give u a cut😉
    Thx for ur time!

• @breilly said:

Thx for ur time!

I will be sending my invoice to Mr. Corvest shortly... :)

• so dang sexy, I really love what Envolver does :smile:

• edited September 2018

@FredAntonCorvest @CracklePot here is a short apeMatrix jam with Rozeta Rythm triggering Reslice bongo percussion feeding ENVOLVER triggering Volt lead sound (midi notes generation) and Eos2 mix knob (env/midi). There is also a Zeeon bass and a Ruismaker drum all Rozeta powered :)

iOS12 video capture is buggy with apeMatrix, will perhaps make a video later.

@FredAntonCorvest it’s also on Saxloops Twitter if you want to retweet ;)

• Got some routing going on the cc’s. Now its time to read, listen, and watch;
    trying to get some control and understanding of this thing.
    Might be my most challenging app yet ha.
    Tips greatly appreciated

• @breilly said:
    Got some routing going on the cc’s. Now its time to read, listen, and watch;
    trying to get some control and understanding of this thing.
    Might be my most challenging app yet ha.
    Tips greatly appreciated

Agree this app is challenging!!

• @Janosax said:
    @FredAntonCorvest @CracklePot here is a short apeMatrix jam with Rozeta Rythm triggering Reslice bongo percussion feeding ENVOLVER triggering Volt lead sound (midi notes generation) and Eos2 mix knob (env/midi). There is also a Zeeon bass and a Ruismaker drum all Rozeta powered :)

iOS12 video capture is buggy with apeMatrix, will perhaps make a video later.

@FredAntonCorvest it’s also on Saxloops Twitter if you want to retweet ;)

You got some nice movement on this....that wapping lead.
    Even da boss https://forum.audiob.us/profile/FredAntonCorvest
    Called it a beast tame.

• @FredAntonCorvest said:

@skiphunt said:
    I didn’t really have a clear idea of what Envolver did until now. Been using some presets to good effect, but that’s about the extent of it... until now.

Fac Envolver is a beast (quite pretty...) to tame :) My pleasure!!!

• Follower seems to work like an envelope generator.
    Trig/gate seems to work like and lfo.
    Am i in the ball park or way off?

• @ALB said:

@breilly said:

Thx for ur time!

I will be sending my invoice to Mr. Corvest shortly... :)

And I'll send you love and light my friend :)

@breilly said:
    Follower seems to work like an envelope generator.
    Trig/gate seems to work like and lfo.
    Am i in the ball park or way off?

Yepa, two circuits indeed: the follower and the trigger gate.

You understood now properly what is feasible with the follower, note that you can also activate the Noise Gate in this mode :) Yes versatily - relisten the video the noise gate is activated :) And the Trigger Gate or Trance Gate it's a kind of lfo indeed.