Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Xynthesizr gets an update.

Xynthesizr v1.6 with Ableton Link Start Stop Sync and reworked Inter-App Audio sync is now live on the App Store!

Comments

• Thanks for that!

• Great news! Love this for generative things!

• Here is what is bizarre and I contacted the dev but he could not figure it out. Mine updated 2 days ago. I have auto update turned off and I did not update it. But poof it updated. Weird.

• @Chaztrip said:
    Here is what is bizarre and I contacted the dev but he could not figure it out. Mine updated 2 days ago. I have auto update turned off and I did not update it. But poof it updated. Weird.

This happened to me about a month ago with a business app.

• i am happy to see Yuri still updating this great sequencer app.

• @99476598326 said:
    i am happy to see Yuri still updating this great sequencer app.

Indeed. And a mighty little synth to boot.

• One of my favorite apps of all time. My go to MIDI source when I want to experiment with/test drive the capabilities of a target synth.

• @syrupcore said:

@99476598326 said:
    i am happy to see Yuri still updating this great sequencer app.

Indeed. And a mighty little synth to boot.

It sounds crazy good, especially on sine based patches. Seems to have weight to the sound.

• This one survives every app cull I do in my devices. Still one of the easiest ways to get a generative thing going.

• Does this sequencer play more than one sequence at a time? I'd like to run a couple sequences feeding hardware synths but one pattern at a time would be a problem.

• @HydraGen said:
    Does this sequencer play more than one sequence at a time? I'd like to run a couple sequences feeding hardware synths but one pattern at a time would be a problem.

Kind of. You can split the rows of the grid to play out via different MIDI channels but it's one overall sequence at a time.

• @syrupcore said:

@HydraGen said:
    Does this sequencer play more than one sequence at a time? I'd like to run a couple sequences feeding hardware synths but one pattern at a time would be a problem.

Kind of. You can split the rows of the grid to play out via different MIDI channels but it's one overall sequence at a time.

Bummer. Any similar sequencers out there that allow multiple patterns simultaneously? Thanks.

• @HydraGen said:

@syrupcore said:

@HydraGen said:

Bummer. Any similar sequencers out there that allow multiple patterns simultaneously? Thanks.

Quantum does.

• @HydraGen said:

@syrupcore said:

@HydraGen said:

BTW Each one of the rows is an octave.
    Each one of the rows can go to a separate midi channel (and Synth).
    That means you can 4 (or more parts voices) in one sequence and switch up keys and scales as well as octaves and beats per measure super fast. You can also transform your sequences by flipping them horizontally or vertically.

So no "bummer" if you don't have it get it. It's totally worth it. (So is quauntum but for all that is being very comprehensive, it's still not as on the fly as Xynthesizr)

• And I'm pretty sure you can just switch between patterns as easily as everything else.

• @audiblevideo said:

@HydraGen said:

@syrupcore said:

@HydraGen said:

BTW Each one of the rows is an octave.
    Each one of the rows can go to a separate midi channel (and Synth).
    That means you can 4 (or more parts voices) in one sequence and switch up keys and scales as well as octaves and beats per measure super fast. You can also transform your sequences by flipping them horizontally or vertically.

So no "bummer" if you don't have it get it. It's totally worth it. (So is quauntum but for all that is being very comprehensive, it's still not as on the fly as Xynthesizr)

Thanks for that tidbit of information. I really should read manuals.

• It's one of the ones.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    It's one of the ones.

+1

• Seriously stoked that this has gotten an update. I believe this is my desert island app.

• New update !

• Since the new update I have audio crackels in AUM hosted by Audiobus @128 buffer size 😒☹️
    Before this it was ok.
    Nobody has the same issue?