Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AirDrop AUM projects from iPhone to iPad.

This might be common knowledge but I had no idea how quick and easy AirDropping AUM projects from the iPhone to the iPad is. You just set your iPad to receive, long press the AUM project on your iPhone and share via AirDrop and it opens instantly in AUM on your iPad. And of course, if you are using AU apps then you are off to the races without even pausing.

:sunglasses:

Comments

• Excellent tip gus! Thanks for sharing, will definitely come in useful :)

• Yes, very nice.
    AFAIK One caveat is that samples dont get included. Whether in AUM fileplayer or for example in Reslice. (Maybe a sampler app that stores online by default would get round this)

• @Richtowns said:
    Yes, very nice.
    AFAIK One caveat is that samples dont get included. Whether in AUM fileplayer or for example in Reslice. (Maybe a sampler app that stores online by default would get round this)

You could AirDrop the samples as well from within AudioShare. Sometime I'll add iCloud Drive sync to AudioShare :)

• @j_liljedahl said:

@Richtowns said:
    Yes, very nice.

You could AirDrop the samples as well from within AudioShare. Sometime I'll add iCloud Drive sync to AudioShare :)

May i have your views on icloud drive, I only don't use it because i hear it adds to cpu and audio issues... is that true as i have no idea? should we all be using icloud drive as a good option for file sharing?

• @[Deleted User] said:

@j_liljedahl said:

@Richtowns said:
    Yes, very nice.

May i have your views on icloud drive, I only don't use it because i hear it adds to cpu and audio issues... is that true as i have no idea? should we all be using icloud drive as a good option for file sharing?

Not sure in what way it would be bad for CPU and audio performance.. perhaps because downloading makes use of the CPU? :) My idea is to have a toggle per top-level folder in AudioShare for which folders should be synced across devices. Personally I don't like having all my huge audio files synced between all devices, using up storage space and bandwidth. (4G modem only here)

• @j_liljedahl said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@j_liljedahl said:

@Richtowns said:
    Yes, very nice.

Not sure in what way it would be bad for CPU and audio performance.. perhaps because downloading makes use of the CPU? :) My idea is to have a toggle per top-level folder in AudioShare for which folders should be synced across devices. Personally I don't like having all my huge audio files synced between all devices, using up storage space and bandwidth. (4G modem only here)

That would be sweet. My iPhone doesn’t have enough storage for my full library, but I’m also forever forgetting which device has what files. If I could organize that simply by file structure and not have to worry about manually syncing, I’d love it. B)

• Agreed, I also dont like syncing everything between computers, usually lots of chaf. Folders would be much better.

@j_liljedahl I might not have thought this through but wouldnt it just be easier to include/attach the samples in the preset? I know some sample sets can get very large but generally its only like a few MBs. Most of the samples I use in AUM/Resclice amount to about 10MB. Maybe put a reasonable limit on the sample size than could be included. Hmm, limit, yes, maybe I starting to see why this is problematic. Or maybe just a preset size warning “Your AUM preset will be 500MB, do you want to continue?”

I try not to use samples in AUM for this reason but when resources get limited it is def a useful step to record a high cpu channel and turn it into a fileplayer/sample channel, just like cubasis's impressive freeze function.

Anyway, Im pretty confident a great result will emerge

• @j_liljedahl said:

@Richtowns said:
    Yes, very nice.

I know you’ve got tons of stuff on the back burner, but AudioShare wouldn’t be complete without drag n drop 🙏

• @j_liljedahl And I would be happy if AudioShare had an option to automatically create a folder for zip files in which they get extracted.
    Just as I would do manually: Create a folder with the same name as the zip, change into it and then extract the zip.

So that I not run again into opening something that does not include and subfolder and therefor mangles with my top folder.

If that was understandable :)

• @Richtowns said:
    Agreed, I also dont like syncing everything between computers, usually lots of chaf. Folders would be much better.

@j_liljedahl I might not have thought this through but wouldnt it just be easier to include/attach the samples in the preset? I know some sample sets can get very large but generally its only like a few MBs. Most of the samples I use in AUM/Resclice amount to about 10MB. Maybe put a reasonable limit on the sample size than could be included. Hmm, limit, yes, maybe I starting to see why this is problematic. Or maybe just a preset size warning “Your AUM preset will be 500MB, do you want to continue?”

Yes, there could be a special action to share/send a session and include any audio files referenced by FilePlayers. It could certainly show the resulting size and allow the user to cancel. When opening such a session, AUM would extract the audio data and save it to AudioShare storage space, and perhaps resave the session with audio data stripped. Needs more thinking.. :)

I try not to use samples in AUM for this reason but when resources get limited it is def a useful step to record a high cpu channel and turn it into a fileplayer/sample channel, just like cubasis's impressive freeze function.

Anyway, Im pretty confident a great result will emerge

Don't worry about using samples in AUM (FilePlayer), they are streamed from disk directly from AudioShare's storage space so there's no duplication and no RAM usage.

• @tja said:
    @j_liljedahl And I would be happy if AudioShare had an option to automatically create a folder for zip files in which they get extracted.
    Just as I would do manually: Create a folder with the same name as the zip, change into it and then extract the zip.

So that I not run again into opening something that does not include and subfolder and therefor mangles with my top folder.

If that was understandable :)

Yeah, I think this is already on my list.