Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

samplr trimming

I've used samplr a while but never really had to do this before, but I recorded a little synth line thru record mix option via a sample I made in the other samplr windows and wanna chop that blank space off the beginning, can this be done in the app or do I need to export out, chop it and Send it back...

Comments

• In trying to play the sample as a loop btw

• This is one of the main qualms people have with this great app, no way to crop or normalize samples. The workaround is to send it to audioshare, cut it, normalize it, and send it back.

• audioshare comes to mind

• @reasOne said:
    I've used samplr a while but never really had to do this before, but I recorded a little synth line thru record mix option via a sample I made in the other samplr windows and wanna chop that blank space off the beginning, can this be done in the app or do I need to export out, chop it and Send it back...

Chop chop with AudioShare, that’s the axe Lizzie Borden would have used on audiofiles :wink:

• Twisted Wave editor is great for that. If you want to sample on the fly simply slave samplr to loopy and record the audio into loopy and then open in Samplr. You can easily do that while playing live too!

IOS seems to have most solutions to its problems.

• @supadom said:
    Twisted Wave editor is great for that. If you want to sample on the fly simply slave samplr to loopy and record the audio into loopy and then open in Samplr. You can easily do that while playing live too!

IOS seems to have most solutions to its problems.

I like it ! Good call

• And audioshare the rest of the time

• @supadom said:
    If you want to sample on the fly simply slave samplr to loopy and record the audio into loopy and then open in Samplr. You can easily do that while playing live too!

I've used Loopy for the same purpose (perfect loops vs 'looping') but I don't think I realized you could do this live. Can you then do the whole copy and paste and app switching (etc) without glitches?

• @syrupcore said:

@supadom said:
    If you want to sample on the fly simply slave samplr to loopy and record the audio into loopy and then open in Samplr. You can easily do that while playing live too!

I've used Loopy for the same purpose (perfect loops vs 'looping') but I don't think I realized you could do this live. Can you then do the whole copy and paste and app switching (etc) without glitches?

YESSS

I do it live in this video at 1:30 but seems like it got cut out in final edit. No glitches but of course that depends on what machine/apps you use.

• I also like Egoist for samplr prep. Different use case but it’s very nice for putting sounds from a non-quantised sample ‘on the lines’ for quick loading playing in samplr

• edited September 2018

There's a partly workaround (you may move and/or remove beat divisions (4, 8, 16 etc) for that purpose:
    if the track is set to mute and tap-recording is on, you can live tap the sections which will then be repeated. The tricky part is the 'stop recording' hit (not too early, not too late).

Unmuting later will play the full sequence and switching between both option can get quite funky. Imho SamplR is 'the better MPC' as far as non-midi is concerned.

Btw sending the current playing sequence to Audioshare, trim and send back to SamplR works glitchfree during a live performance.