Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MIDI Link Sync is back!

Hi all,
I've seen that both apps from CodingCod are back in the AppStore.
MIDI Link Sync: A MIDI clock to Ableton Link and Ableton Link to MIDI clock converter with positive and negative latency correction. More and more apps today support both protocols natively, but for the older ones that don't, it's the only bi-directional solution I know of. And it runs on iOS 8 too :)
LoopTree: A looper with its own concept of non-destructive, layered overdubbing.

Comments

• Link to Midi is my fave.

• Welcome back ✌️

• Thank you for the heads up

• Is this application broken?

I am trying to run it with AUM. In the MIDI Link Sync app I am in the MIDI >> Link tab and the app is successfully recognizing the external hardware MIDI clock. In AUM I have Ableton link enabled and Start/Stop enabled but AUM shows "No app connected".

Am I missing something obvious?

• Maybe you need Audiobus?

Not sure.

• CracklePot ( 2019 ) sorry mate.

I don’t think AUM does Midi slave sync, just Link.
    You could probably use the app MidiLinkSync to follow the external Midi clock, and then generate Link data for AUM to follow.
    But that is just timing, I think. It doesn’t follow start/stop transport info from what I can tell.
    It is not perfect, but at least it is possible. I haven’t used this method with external Midi gear, but I can use it with Cubasis (which doesn’t slave either) to control tempo in AUM and Audiobus using Link. Cubasis is the master midi clock in MidiLinkSync and the Link enabled apps just follow along

• @thedragonegg said:
    Okay thanks @sigma79.

Hi mate. Not sure if it fixes problem. Worth a comment I guess.

sigma79

• Nope, still not working. 0 apps connected to link in AUM.

• So is this the answer to no link support in cubasis? I want to be able to use it with AUM and have AUM stop/start with it if poss

• wimwim
    edited December 2020

@rs2000 said:
    ... but for the older ones that don't, it's the only bi-directional solution I know of. And it runs on iOS 8 too :)

Well ... there is this one little known app called ... Audiobus.