Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AudioLayer working in iOS 12, but not rendering to frozen tracks.

I read somewhere that AudioLayer bas broken under 12, but it’s working standalone and as AU in AUM on my iPad Pro 12.9 gen 1.

Edit: Apparently not rendering properly as AU when freezing tracks in DAWs.

Comments

• edited September 2018

Rendering is broken, sometimes GarageBand crashes and when it works there are always audio crackes at beginning of rendering. So it’s partially broken at least, and unusable at the moment in GB, I think others DAWS have the issue too. @virsyn

• Ok, so I can pipe the audio in via Audiobus instead. That’ll do for now.

• edited September 2018

• edited September 2018

Thanks for title change! Need other users feedback too.

• I submitted a bug report to Virsyn and recieved the response:

We are already working on a bug fix update
    for iOS 12. It’ll be available in the first half of next week.

I did NOT know AB3 was working for recording audio. I need to test that. I tried using AUM and that did not work for me either.
    I wish I had tried AB3 and been able to share that as a short term workaround. I lost this week waiting for a solution.

• I’d have mentioned it before, but I’ve only just upgraded and tested it. Just set up an AB channel with AL at the input and Cubasis at the output. Configure your AL midi track as no instrument and midi output to AL. Create a new audio track with input from AB and arm to record. Record.