Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Finally finished a track!

https://choon.co/tracks/0zxqa0gjw5u/downhill/

A little acid bubbler. The first of a few acid tracks I am putting together.

Chopped and screwed in BM3.
FX’d and stemmed in AUM.
Mixed live in AEMS.
Polished in Grand Finale

Big shout to @brambos for the amazing Troublemaker!

Comments

• Nice one. Congrats. B)

• Well done. Only myself to finish a track now :D

• Good job. Great evolution that never loses the ambiance of the beginning,

• @robertreynolds said:
    Very nice.

Ta!

@echoopera said:
    Nice one. Congrats. B)

Thank you. I think your creative streak spurred me on! :smile:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    Well done. Only myself to finish a track now :D

Only if you want to though...

@AndyPlankton said:
    Nice :)... I've added it to the AB Choon playlist https://choon.co/playlists/1ggk8k6lkv/audiobus---chooned-in :)

Thanks Andy!

@LinearLineman said:
    Good job. Great evolution that never loses the ambiance of the beginning,

Thanks for the feedback!

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

I thought about trying to get one done today. Then I had an idea for a concept album and starting rejigging some tracks I had started this week to fit this idea. So, instead of getting one track done, today I restarted five tracks :D

• Congrats! Very nice!

• Tight one! Congrats on releasing :smile:

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

I thought about trying to get one done today. Then I had an idea for a concept album and starting rejigging some tracks I had started this week to fit this idea. So, instead of getting one track done, today I restarted five tracks :D

Concept album! You’re aiming for the stars there, my friend. Keep on!

• @theconnactic said:
    Congrats! Very nice!

Thx. I always appreciate the (many) fine tracks you post.

• @senhorlampada said:
    Tight one! Congrats on releasing :smile:

👍

• Finish a track... what a novel concept

• Well done @gusgranite great work.... so finishing a track is actually possible! Bringer of hope :)

• @zeroG said:
    Well done @gusgranite great work.... so finishing a track is actually possible! Bringer of hope :)

Just call it done! Warts and all...

• I’m estimating I will finish the first track of my concept album this time next year! :D

• Loved your track, original stuff with great tension progression!!!

• @Janosax said:
    Loved your track, original stuff with great tension progression!!!

Thank you!

• Really liked the oddball quality of it and thought it was a really good mix - nice placement and movement. Any tips you would care to share regarding the latter? Kudos in any case.

• edited September 2018

@ALB said:
    Really liked the oddball quality of it and thought it was a really good mix - nice placement and movement. Any tips you would care to share regarding the latter? Kudos in any case.

Nice feedback. Thank you. Well the underlying crowd noise sample had a lot of movement in it right from the get go. It is the audio from a bike mounted camera as it competes in a downhill race so it has that natural ‘sounds zooming past’ feel. There was lots of rumble so I ran a high pass filter on it just to capture the whoops, cheers and cowbells.

I started in BM3 shaping sounds and layering drum hits etc. and if AU midi and automation was fully functional in BM3 I might have done the whole thing there. Then I recorded loops into AUM, added more FX, then sent the audio stems to Audio Evolution Mobile Studio so I could apply automation and mix it down. I layered two synth bass lines and made them mono and didn’t mess with them. For movement, I added lots of delay and panning (Kosmonaut and RE-1 I think) and I ran the Troublemaker acid line through VirtualRoom Pro with different LFOs pointing at the X, Y, and Z axes to make it come in and out. I worked out my levels in AEMS and mixed the stems in and out live, recording the automation. Lastly, rendered it to Grand Finale and tried to tweak it so the bass kicked and the sounds stood out.

More info than you asked for but there you go!

Here’s the AEMS view. You can see my fades are very rough and ready. It sounded OK though so I didn’t bother working on it anymore. This track has already taken me way too long...

• @gusgranite said:

@ALB said:
    Really liked the oddball quality of it and thought it was a really good mix - nice placement and movement. Any tips you would care to share regarding the latter? Kudos in any case.

Nice feedback. Thank you. Well the underlying crowd noise sample had a lot of movement in it right from the get go. It is the audio from a bike mounted camera as it competes in a downhill race so it has that natural ‘sounds zooming past’ feel. There was lots of rumble so I ran a high pass filter on it just to capture the whoops, cheers and cowbells.

I started in BM3 shaping sounds and layering drum hits etc. and if AU midi and automation was fully functional in BM3 I might have done the whole thing there. Then I recorded loops into AUM, added more FX, then sent the audio stems to Audio Evolution Mobile Studio so I could apply automation and mix it down. I layered two synth bass lines and made them mono and didn’t mess with them. For movement, I added lots of delay and panning (Kosmonaut and RE-1 I think) and I ran the Troublemaker acid line through VirtualRoom Pro with different LFOs pointing at the X, Y, and Z axes to make it come in and out. I worked out my levels in AEMS and mixed the stems in and out live, recording the automation. Lastly, rendered it to Grand Finale and tried to tweak it so the bass kicked and the sounds stood out.

More info than you asked for but there you go!

Here’s the AEMS view. You can see my fades are very rough and ready. It sounded OK though so I didn’t bother working on it anymore. This track has already taken me way too long...

Wow - thanks for that. Quite an involved process - very cool.