Favorite instrument samples AU?

I know its slim pickins for au sample players, but wonder what others are using?
At the moment im using beat hawk, swar plug. Looking for keys, flutes, strings percussion etc.
Any advice?

Comments

  • Quite a choice of flutes. Jubal Flute, Roli Noise (Breath Flute), Bismark (choose your soundfont), AudioLayer (find an EXS flute).
    Bismark and AudioLayer are theoretically capable of performing any of those instrumental duties.

  • Bismark is my favourite AU for using free samples, there are some very useful soundfonts. I'm curious about AudioLayer but I see on the forum that there are quite some unhappy campers currently.

  • @TheOriginalPaulB said:
    Quite a choice of flutes. Jubal Flute, Roli Noise (Breath Flute), Bismark (choose your soundfont), AudioLayer (find an EXS flute).
    Bismark and AudioLayer are theoretically capable of performing any of those instrumental duties.

    @TrevorLlewellyn said:
    Bismark is my favourite AU for using free samples, there are some very useful soundfonts. I'm curious about AudioLayer but I see on the forum that there are quite some unhappy campers currently.

    Where do you get your soundfonts?
    -thx

  • @TrevorLlewellyn said:
    Bismark is my favourite AU for using free samples, there are some very useful soundfonts. I'm curious about AudioLayer but I see on the forum that there are quite some unhappy campers currently.

    Where do you get your soundfonts?
    -thx

    Try the “Nice-Steinways-JNv5.8” and “Nice-Instruments-Extended-V1.3” from the Soundfonts 4U site. I spend 98% of my playtime in bs-16i with those two and also layer Keppy’s Steinway Piano lite with the above piano and it really sounds great with hall 2 reverb and careful volume adjustment.

  • edited September 2018

    @TrevorLlewellyn : Are they within the app (Bismarck) or do you have to import the sound fonts in from Sound fonts4u?

  • @breilly :Have you tried Sampletank?

  • edited September 2018

    @Telstar5 said: @breilly
    @TrevorLlewellyn : Are they within the app (Bismarck) or do you have to import the sound fonts in from Sound fonts4u?

    So you get like a group of samples with the app covering the basic piano, tines, dulcimer, flute, brass, guitar etc , then you need to do a bit of downloading via the internet, also there are a few links on the forum with download links.

    https://sites.google.com/site/soundfonts4u/

    Also a member @tja did an amazing piano world cup feature, a poll on which sampled piano's we liked the best -

    the winner was a free soundfont file!

    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/27181/piano-world-cup-finale/p1

  • @tech2k said:

    @TrevorLlewellyn said:
    Bismark is my favourite AU for using free samples, there are some very useful soundfonts. I'm curious about AudioLayer but I see on the forum that there are quite some unhappy campers currently.

    Where do you get your soundfonts?
    -thx

    Try the “Nice-Steinways-JNv5.8” and “Nice-Instruments-Extended-V1.3” from the Soundfonts 4U site. I spend 98% of my playtime in bs-16i with those two and also layer Keppy’s Steinway Piano lite with the above piano and it really sounds great with hall 2 reverb and careful volume adjustment.

    Good info right there!

  • @Telstar5 said:
    @breilly :Have you tried Sampletank> @TrevorLlewellyn said:

    @Telstar5 said: @breilly
    @TrevorLlewellyn : Are they within the app (Bismarck) or do you have to import the sound fonts in from Sound fonts4u?

    So you get like a group of samples with the app covering the basic piano, tines, dulcimer, flute, brass, guitar etc , then you need to do a bit of downloading via the internet, also there are a few links on the forum with download links.

    https://sites.google.com/site/soundfonts4u/

    Also a member @tja did an amazing piano world cup feature, a poll on which sampled piano's we liked the best -

    the winner was a free soundfont file!

    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/27181/piano-world-cup-finale/p1

    Will try it all. Also just got and went through the roli Noise app, once you get past the glam, there are some great melodic samples in there.

Sign In or Register to comment.