Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Helix Native Plugin

Any of you guitar players out there have this? I recently watched a few videos and it seems pretty solid. It’s a bit pricey at $400 but I think you get a fair amount of bang for your buck. They do have a 15 day trial so I’ll probably try it out. Just wondering if any of you had it and had any positive or negative feedback (no pun intended) on it.

Comments

• edited September 2018

Get a tube pre(or head with built in load box and headphone/line out) and use free impulse responses, cheaper and better

• edited September 2018

I own the HELIX Floor pedal unit AND HELIX Native.

Love them both and the online support community in particular on the Facebook Group is awesome.

Tone wise they are superb. Unfortunately there isn’t a version for iPads currently. Line6 have said there simply isn’t enough dsp power in iPads currently. But this must eventually change. So for tiny open mic spots using just iPad and gtr no helix floor I plan to and am working with bias fx and amp2.
    It’s good but would much prefer helix. The iOS bias fx need quite a few improvements like snapshots.

However constantly mull the idea of getting a Surface Pro to run HELIX Native on via Ableton. I use Ableton a lot anyway so to be able to use both on tablet live would be cool.
    Maybe while also using an iPad. In addition there is now a Windows 10 version of Touchable Pro which can run on a surface tablet so one can control Ableton on windows tablets ( along with helix Native hosted inside ) using a touch centric control surface, touchable, like already exists and is highly lauded on iOS.

For owners of HELIX Hardware units HELIX NATIVE provides just more ways to use ones presets and for studio use etc can be very practical. Just make sure you use s top notch guitar interface like apogee.

In conclusion the whole Helix Ecosystem is growing and
    I thoroughly recommend it.

• @ToMess said:
    Get a tube pre(or head with built in load box and headphone/line out) and use free impulse responses, cheaper and

There are free IR? Are they any good? Wouldn’t not have thought that free IR will sound good.

I have the helix and it’s incredible! Love this thing so much! No excuse for crappy playing though. The custom tone section on their website is superb!

You say the usergroup on Facebook is good too?! Preset sharing and helping to create these? @nonchai

• presets aren't shared so much in the FB group itself but many of the videos of people showing off their playing with HELIX presets do share the presets use - either directly or via some cloud method - or very often like you say CustomTone.

I thoroughly recommend joining the FB group. Its a good polite and helpful community.

• @nonchai said:
    I own the HELIX Floor pedal unit AND HELIX Native.

Love them both and the online support community in particular on the Facebook Group is awesome.

Tone wise they are superb. Unfortunately there isn’t a version for iPads currently. Line6 have said there simply isn’t enough dsp power in iPads currently. But this must eventually change. So for tiny open mic spots using just iPad and gtr no helix floor I plan to and am working with bias fx and amp2.
    It’s good but would much prefer helix. The iOS bias fx need quite a few improvements like snapshots.

However constantly mull the idea of getting a Surface Pro to run HELIX Native on via Ableton. I use Ableton a lot anyway so to be able to use both on tablet live would be cool.
    Maybe while also using an iPad. In addition there is now a Windows 10 version of Touchable Pro which can run on a surface tablet so one can control Ableton on windows tablets ( along with helix Native hosted inside ) using a touch centric control surface, touchable, like already exists and is highly lauded on iOS.

For owners of HELIX Hardware units HELIX NATIVE provides just more ways to use ones presets and for studio use etc can be very practical. Just make sure you use s top notch guitar interface like apogee.

In conclusion the whole Helix Ecosystem is growing and
    I thoroughly recommend it.

I’m on day 3 of my 15 day trial and haven’t really been wowed yet. I suspect that I haven’t yet found the best way to connect. I have my Strat plugged in to my ICA4+ interface into Logic Pro X on my Mac. I can’t seem to get it to sound as nice as some of the youtube videos I’ve see. I’ve also tried plugging my guitar into my behringer mixer and then out into 2 inputs of my interface which then showed up as a stereo signal in the Helix Native plugin. I’ve really only played with the preset in Helix thus far. Maybe my expectations are too high.

• Playing with just the presets is likely the problem. It’s easy to see a mfx unit as a huge box of potential, which it is, but they’re most useful when you dial in your sound. My Helix is largely just a Twin and AC30 simulator. :smiley:

• edited September 2018

I had the floor units and Native. It's perhaps strange, but I like Native more that the identical hardware. Has something to do with the Audio interface. You have more options with Native. The hardware unit's have a variable input impedance but it's limited, and didn't work all that well with my pickups.

Anyways, I paid $300 US. Not all that bad. $400 is steep.

But to be honest, I just use it for the effects which are very good. Amp modeling isn't my thing (Hey, who knows, maybe this post will be of some use to someone....or not :D )