Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

If you haven't got "SOUNDFRUUZE"....welll......

YOU NEED TO GET THAT SH_T!

If you are into experimental, granular, and overall sonic wizardry ......this app which is AU....is off the chain.

I may be late to the dance on this but wow.

What a sleeper of an app.

So happy I got it.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/soundfruuze/id1279045883?mt=8

Comments

• Does it bring anything new compared to all the other Granular instruments?

• I’ve seen Perplex On use this on his live jam videos. Looks very cool.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC9IossdUk4beA_BmBoDtTAw

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I haven't bought anything all day, but I suspect it's a brain hurty object...

• Any chance it will go universal ?? Sure wish it would

• Looks very cool but it all sounds like a broken dalek playing a jaw harp. Can it make any other noises?

• I was on the fence for this one and decided to give it a try.
    Much more powerfull than what I could find on youtube.
    Thanks!

• @knewspeak said:
    Does it bring anything new compared to all the other Granular instruments?

Yes

Samplr like control

Instead of a setting or knob, it is very gesture and touch generated.

To me it is like a Sampr + iDensity + Strom + add random cool mangler app here

BUT ALL IN THE CONTEXT OF A LIVE STREAM THAT CAN BE LOOPED AND MANIPULATED AT ANY MOMENT.

I like iOS for the sake it isn't just knobs of old VST...

This is a live type touch based responsive granular looping and FX instrument.

I used it with Korg module with Kai's Tape Delay for some dark and twisting piano melodies with Animoog and could make a whole song with those apps alone earlier today.

You can get a very NIN type vibe or a more animated type cartoonish type vibe.

• ALSO

I found it awesome that it has some LFO type feel to some of the pulses of the playback of the effects at points which makes for a rhythmic quality to an otherwise plain sounding chord.

Korg Module with this app make for endless fun for me personally.

It is an app that I will probably never master but instead let it add some cool aspects that I can control but not always understand.

If that makes sense.

• @RUST( i )K said:
    ALSO

I found it awesome that it has some LFO type feel to some of the pulses of the playback of the effects at points which makes for a rhythmic quality to an otherwise plain sounding chord.

It is an app that I will probably never master but instead let it add some cool aspects that I can control but not always understand.

If that makes sense.

Looks interesting. I didn't go for it when it came out, as it sounded a bit crackly in the vids. I do like this sort of thing though - are you able to post up anything you've done with it?

• @MonzoPro said:

@RUST( i )K said:
    ALSO

If that makes sense.

Looks interesting. I didn't go for it when it came out, as it sounded a bit crackly in the vids. I do like this sort of thing though - are you able to post up anything you've done with it?

This is a jam I did this am that I mentioned using Module with SoundFruuze, Animoog, and Circuit for drums.

• @RUST( i )K said:

@MonzoPro said:

@RUST( i )K said:
    ALSO

If that makes sense.

This is a jam I did this am that I mentioned using Module with SoundFruuze, Animoog, and Circuit for drums.

Thanks, I’ll have a listen in a bit :)

• @MonzoPro said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@MonzoPro said:

@RUST( i )K said:
    ALSO

If that makes sense.

This was NEVER intended for public consumption so understand it really is just about what type of sounds I was able to achieve with it. Not the jam itself.

• @RUST( i )K said:

@MonzoPro said:

@RUST( i )K said:
    ALSO

If that makes sense.

I think you've just cost me some money. Partly the mention of Module and partly the sounds that could have been made by this guy:

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@MonzoPro said:

@RUST( i )K said:
    ALSO

If that makes sense.

I think you've just cost me some money. Partly the mention of Module and partly the sounds that could have been made by this guy:

And one day he was a child no more.

A man.

A man without a childhood.

A child inside a man.

Lost.

Playing.

Toys inside his head.

• no sample import though right

• @RUST( i )K said:

@MonzoPro said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@MonzoPro said:

@RUST( i )K said:
    ALSO

If that makes sense.

This was NEVER intended for public consumption so understand it really is just about what type of sounds I was able to achieve with it. Not the jam itself.

That’s excellent, I love it. Put some creepy vocals on the top and I’d buy the album.

• Going to need help from someone wise and capable on this one @thesoundtestroom

• @kobamoto said:
    no sample import though right

I don't know yet

Bought it this am

• Hello everybody,

Accidentally found this thread today and i'll try to answer some questions here

@Dawdles as of current version, most reliable way to control the app is OSC, the AU automation is reported to be buggy on several hosts. You can record / control everything (touches etc) with OSC and you can use MIDI to control sliders on each 'lane'

@stuck80s yes, iPhone (universal) version is planned but as long as i'm a bit stuck updating another my app i can't promise exact dates for that, sorry

@kobamoto the same with file import - it's planned for next release as soon as i get to it

Thanks for your interest

Regards,
    Alex

• @njazz said:
    Hello everybody,

@Dawdles as of current version, most reliable way to control the app is OSC, the AU automation is reported to be buggy on several hosts. You can record / control everything (touches etc) with OSC and you can use MIDI to control sliders on each 'lane'

@stuck80s yes, iPhone (universal) version is planned but as long as i'm a bit stuck updating another my app i can't promise exact dates for that, sorry

@kobamoto the same with file import - it's planned for next release as soon as i get to it

Thanks for your interest

Regards,
    Alex

thank you.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @njazz said:
    Hello everybody,

Thanks for your interest

Regards,
    Alex

Great news! Soundfruuze power user here. Would great to see this app on my iPhone 7 Plus in the (near) future.

• @RUST( i )K that track is great, thanks for sharing!

• @RUST( i )K I must thank you for your praise of this app because that's what convinced me to get it. This is brilliant!Surprised it isn't mentioned more, indeed!

• @Gavinski said:
    @RUST( i )K I must thank you for your praise of this app because that's what convinced me to get it. This is brilliant!Surprised it isn't mentioned more, indeed!

You are more than welcome!