Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What about iOS 12 and older devices (Air)?

What about ios 12 and older devices (ipad Air)?
Anyone checked it already?

Comments

• I’m on Air2 and ios12 seems to have given that a well needed boost after ios11.

• Since updating to ios12 on my 10.5 Pro BM3 projects that I had real problems loading correctly, AU3 issues, all except that just one, now load fine, don't know what went right at Apple, but long may the trend continue.

• iPad MINI2 upgrade to iOS 12 with, so far, no problems. Can run more instances of Auv3’s in AUM, and everything seems real smooth and a little faster response in Safari. I haven’t done much else but I did a pre-upgrade benchmark test with AUM and SynthMaster One (like the SoundTestRoom did), and will post results of the follow-up test to see how much more I can get out of the AUM/SM1 combo.

• @TozBourne said:
    iPad MINI2 upgrade to iOS 12 with, so far, no problems. Can run more instances of Auv3’s in AUM, and everything seems real smooth and a little faster response in Safari. I haven’t done much else but I did a pre-upgrade benchmark test with AUM and SynthMaster One (like the SoundTestRoom did), and will post results of the follow-up test to see how much more I can get out of the AUM/SM1 combo.

Good to hear, I still have a Mini2 with iOS 10. It's not really that fast as when I bought it with iOS 8 but workable. Hesitate to update, especially because I loose the possibilty to run 32 bit apps.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    I’m on Air2 and ios12 seems to have given that a well needed boost after ios11.

Air with 10.3 and I'm still hesitating to update it. That is why I started this thread :)

• edited September 2018

@greengrocer said:

@TozBourne said:
    iPad MINI2 upgrade to iOS 12 with, so far, no problems. Can run more instances of Auv3’s in AUM, and everything seems real smooth and a little faster response in Safari. I haven’t done much else but I did a pre-upgrade benchmark test with AUM and SynthMaster One (like the SoundTestRoom did), and will post results of the follow-up test to see how much more I can get out of the AUM/SM1 combo.

Good to hear, I still have a Mini2 with iOS 10. It's not really that fast as when I bought it with iOS 8 but workable. Hesitate to update, especially because I loose the possibilty to run 32 bit apps.

Fortunately, I have multiple iOS devices and my iPad4 is forever on 10.3. The mini2, I thought, did fine with iOS11, but 12 is looking really good.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    I’m on Air2 and ios12 seems to have given that a well needed boost after ios11.

orly

nice

• @TozBourne said:

@greengrocer said:

@TozBourne said:

Fortunately, I have multi0le iOS devices and my iPad4 is forever on 10.3. The mini2, I thought, did fine with iOS11, but 12 is looking really good.

Is that the Mini Retina same generation as the Air1, if so sounds like I will update mine to iOS 12.

• @knewspeak said:

@TozBourne said:

@greengrocer said:

@TozBourne said:

Fortunately, I have multi0le iOS devices and my iPad4 is forever on 10.3. The mini2, I thought, did fine with iOS11, but 12 is looking really good.

Is that the Mini Retina same generation as the Air1, if so sounds like I will update mine to iOS 12.

I believe they have the same CPU, specs, etc.

• @TozBourne said:

@knewspeak said:

@TozBourne said:

@greengrocer said:

@TozBourne said:

Cheers, is that the same spec model you've installed iOS 12 on.

• @knewspeak said:

@TozBourne said:

@knewspeak said:

@TozBourne said:

@greengrocer said:

@TozBourne said:

Cheers, is that the same spec model you've installed iOS 12 on.

I used to have a chart from Apple that showed the various models and their CPUs and stuff, but I can’t find it. However, I’m am pretty sure the Air1 and Mini2 (Retina) have the same basic specs. And yes my mini2 is now on iOS12.

• @TozBourne said:

@knewspeak said:

@TozBourne said:

@knewspeak said:

@TozBourne said:

@greengrocer said:

@TozBourne said:

I used to have a chart from Apple that showed the various models and their CPUs and stuff, but I can’t find it. However, I’m am pretty sure the Air1 and Mini2 (Retina) have the same basic specs. And yes my mini2 is now on iOS12.

see here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_iOS_devices

• Cheers again, it's the same generation as the Air just a slightly throttled back CPU probably due to the smaller battery. Think I'll update it, seems iOS 12 is more efficient than 11 from most reports.

• Air2 here too. iOS 12 runs as well or maybe even more smooth and perky than 11 did. No problems.

• Well putting it on Air2, and 6, and iPhone 8 plus, leaving Air 1 with last iOS 10.

• @RUST( i )K said:
    Well putting it on Air2, and 6, and iPhone 8 plus, leaving Air 1 with last iOS 10.

Would love to hear a follow with you Air2 experience. If there’s a noticeable performance improvement I’d be more inclined to update my Air2, other than that I didn’t hear any new features that spoke to me.

• @NoiseHorse said:
    Air2 here too. iOS 12 runs as well or maybe even more smooth and perky than 11 did. No problems.

Any improvements in running music apps?

• Mini 2 updated from 11.4.1 to 12 for three days now. It seems improved to me, it's slight but noticeable. Tried all my apps and they are all ok some are better. Multiple AD Roughriders def works better which Im happy about.
    Swiping down to get the control panel is quite annoying but apart from that I cant see any reason not to take the jump from 11. But I also cant see any huge reasons to do it if your worried. Im happy, look :)
    Risk it for a biscuit!

• I’ve got an iPhone 6 and an iPad Mini 4 (A8 processor, I believe one generation newer than the iPad Air). I’ve noticed an appreciable performance boost in general, especially in the camera and keyboard. Music apps are generally equally as stable/unstable as before. Like almost everyone else here, I would recommend the update

• edited September 2018

Just had a test on my MiniRetina with some of the hogs Model 15, Poseidon etc. All seems fine, so it seems no change, if not a slight boost, so far I'm happy. Unless an app you rely on is messed up, or you don't want to lose the ones not compatible with iOS 11+ then I'd say update.

• Haven’t noticed any difference, aside from a few cosmetics after updating my SE, so will update the Air 2 later.

• @MonzoPro said:

@NoiseHorse said:
    Air2 here too. iOS 12 runs as well or maybe even more smooth and perky than 11 did. No problems.

Any improvements in running music apps?

Seems like everything loads a little faster, & a bit snappier swapping between apps in AB3 & AUm. Havn't really pushed it in terms of huge instrument/FX counts, but it does feel like a slightly smoother all round experience.

• Been quick-testing multiple sound cards / DA's and so far no issues on my Air 2.

• Funnily enough I’m finding some general iOS stuff a bit slower on the SE. The text editor is annoying me too - it’s changing some of my text AFTER hitting the done button.

• I updated my Air 1 and Mini 2 from 10.3.3 to 12 and they feel great.

The interface is snappy and I'm a big fan of the new swipe navigation and expanded dock. I don't hammer on apps with complicated setups but FL Mobile is as happy as ever.

The one caveat (from iOS 11) is that to turn off wi-fi and bluetooth persistently you must use the Settings app.

Other than that, I feel like I've joined the modern age again. Being left back on iOS 10 felt kind of blah. I finally got the Files app and screen recorder.

• @MonzoPro said:
    Funnily enough I’m finding some general iOS stuff a bit slower on the SE. The text editor is annoying me too - it’s changing some of my text AFTER hitting the done button.

No probs here on the SE. Might yours be doing some background cleanups?

• @Strizbiz said:

@RUST( i )K said:
    Well putting it on Air2, and 6, and iPhone 8 plus, leaving Air 1 with last iOS 10.

Would love to hear a follow with you Air2 experience. If there’s a noticeable performance improvement I’d be more inclined to update my Air2, other than that I didn’t hear any new features that spoke to me.

will do

• @rthr said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Funnily enough I’m finding some general iOS stuff a bit slower on the SE. The text editor is annoying me too - it’s changing some of my text AFTER hitting the done button.

No probs here on the SE. Might yours be doing some background cleanups?

Maybe, perhaps a reboot will speed it up.

Not massively different, but swiping apps to close them for example, there's a slight delay that wasn't there before. I'll try a reboot...

• Could be my imagination, but I’m sure battery life is better since the update...

• @MonzoPro said:
    Could be my imagination, but I’m sure battery life is better since the update...

That is what I am hoping for - upgrading to 11 started hammering my batteries