Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

YOUTUBE Thinktank Idea....

edited September 2018 in Other

So I've noticed there's a lot of variety around here. We have professionals, amateurs, from dabblers to obsessed. Some have big aspirations, while others just want to have fun. I think it would be safe to say that we have at least 3 things in common though....probably more, but i'll just point out these 3 for now. 1. We are all IOS users, 2. We are all fans of music, both listening and making it and 3. We all have youtube as part of our lives.

So I thought maybe we could start a youtube think tank. This can give creators ideas and different viewpoints that could help them make better videos and get more subscribers, but it could also let the non creators put out opinions on what they love and hate or wish there was more of and maybe a little further down the line we can find some obvious common threads.
So I'll start...

I"m a new creator and what I've started to do is try to analyze successful channels. I now like to go back in time to their first videos and see how long it took them to hone their skills, what did they keep consistent, what did the stop doing.

So I'd love to hear your opinions on what youtube creators you love the most and why. What makes the ones you like better. What would you like to see more of and what really bugs the shit out of you.

Their behavior could also cross over to forums into a positive or negative way. One thing that really bugs me, are Tutorials where there is no talking, only subtext.

I don't want to have to always watch....like maybe i'm cleaning my room and I wan to listen until there is something that I have to see to understand, but often there is dialogue and I don't actually need to see them at that moment.

Not every video needs to have speaking,but I feel like if you are teaching people something, it's just more fun to feel like there's a person
behind it, who's not too shy to talk . Maybe that's just me......ok, your turn! Bounce!

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @d4d0ug said:
    Nice idea. I consume A LOT of music related youtube videos. I guess they could be broadly classified into different categories...and blends between the categories.

• user demos (including 'unboxing')
    • dev / manufacturer demos (here's my / our new thing, buy me please!)
    • reviews (distinct / different to demos - how well does this thing perform)
    • comparisons (thing vs thing)
    • live jams
    • producution tips using a specific setup (how to do x on y)
    • production tips not using a specific setup (more theory based)
    • problem videos (help my thing isn't working as I think it should!)
    • video blogs

I tend to like creators who...

• have developed their own distinctive formats (I guess a no brainer for marketing purposes)
    • are knowledgable and don't skip on the detail
    • are talented musically
    • are not sponsored to promote specific products
    • include interactions / conversations (I like the 'interview' format')
    • include humour!

There's been a bit of a trend of 'how I make videos' coming from creators of music related content. I'm not a fan of these at all. I don't care what cameras you are using. Thats ok though, the good thing is i can just skip these :smile:

I'm turned off by the over enthusing of products being pronounced as 'awesome', or dare I say it.... 'game changing'. Sure its great to see people being passionate about products, maybe its just hearing it every time is wearing....

I'm also turned off by long winded off topic spiels intended to just stretch out the video time (something about making people watch a whole 10 mins?).

Don't know if that helps the conversation...

Excellent contribution, well thought, with attention to detail. I like how you broke down the types you enjoy the most. You also illustrated what a swiss army knife youtube can be. I'm happy you like the humor aspect, because I think humor has the potential to make everything a bit more fun...even if it's cheezy and makes me groan .

I remember having teachers that weren't really all that funny, but the fact they tried so hard made me laugh every time, and just showed a joy for life.

I also have a lot of the same requirements you do, but you have made me think about a least a couple of things i hadn't given much thought...like the time wasting thing...but I also hate too much talking at times...like when I want to see a musical performance or jam, then if they are going to talk...I'd rather hear that afterwards, and minimal setup ahead of time.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.