Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ableton Link, GR-16 - problems switching patterns with different tempos.

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• There's no master and slave in Ableton Link. GR-16 has probably chosen to not use the pattern tempo while being hosted?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Can confirm that GR-16 will only set the BPM on stand alone mode, at least in my experience using is hosted by AUM, AB3 and Cubsasis.

When running with another Link enabled app outside of a host, it seems to depend on which app starts things off.

Where things get more confusing is that while the BPM above the transport will change, the BPM that the current pattern was saved at will read the initial BPM, unless you manually change the BPM in GR-16, at which point it will change the BPM for all Link synced apps.

It may be that using IAP or Midi sync changes things, I'm not entirely certain on that point.

Personally, I don't mind too much, if I'm writing a beat in GR-16 I generally open it in AB3, and if I am adding it to a project I already started, I prefer that it goes with the BPM already established.

This also can allow for some pleasant surprises if you open a 90 BPM pattern in a 140 BPM project; I often will cycle through my patterns to see if any of them have a feel/sound set that works for the current piece being written.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Depending on what other apps you are using, you could try midi sync as a work around.. I just tried turning off Ableton Link and IAP and had GR-16 send midi clock, then did the same in AUM ( you go into the menu option for send midi sync and then can select to receive from gr-16.)

With this set up, I was able to get Arpeggionome, the Yonac synths arpeggios plus any hosted AU’s to change with Gr-16. I’m sure this isn’t ideal, and there’s plenty of apps that won’t sync correctly, but if you stick to AU’s and a base of solid apps it should work out.