Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Apps open in mono

Anyone had this issue? Happens almost every time I open an AB3 session with Group The Loop looper app. It often opens in mono.

Comments

• Yes this can happen, a workaround for it is to unplug/plugin headphones, this will reset the audio and you will get stereo back.

• Any other apps that do this? Do Loopy or Samplebot do it? Would like to get a handle on where exactly the cause lies.

• @Michael said:
    Any other apps that do this? Do Loopy or Samplebot do it? Would like to get a handle on where exactly the cause lies.

+1

• edited September 2018

@Michael said:
    Any other apps that do this? Do Loopy or Samplebot do it? Would like to get a handle on where exactly the cause lies.

I don't think it is exclusive to AB3 I have had it happen with blocs wave when running stand alone alongside Launchpad (not using any host), it has also happebned when using those same apps hosted in AUM.
    Something in the audio sub system itself or the way apps are interacting with it I think.
    I have not been able to get reproduceable steps to make it happen, perhaps though if GTL is doing it regularly there may be a chance to track it down.

• Hmm, okay. Might just be some apps with a buggy implementation. I certainly don't think it's something on the Audiobus end of things. If it happens with Loopy or Samplebot I'd like to know, though, so I can fix it.

• Hi,
    Just opened up old Loop HD and it did the same thing, mono. Here's my sequence: I force quit all apps by holding down the power switch and then holding down the 'button'. Then I unplug the Apple lightning to usb 3 camera adapter. Then next session I plug in the lightning adapter , turn on the ipad, open up Audiobus 3 and load a session...audio in Loopy HD is in mono.

• Just to add, whenever I have opened GTL in standalone mode it has always opened in stereo.

• And, thanks Andy P....I tried the headphones trick but it didn't work for me.

• @jazubon said:
    And, thanks Andy P....I tried the headphones trick but it didn't work for me.

:(

• Has anyone noticed that since the last update the settings and save functions are frozen/crashed....i.e you can't open settings or save or load??

• A workround to the mono starting thing (maybe not 100% reliable) is to open GTL before AB3.

• @jazubon said:
    Has anyone noticed that since the last update the settings and save functions are frozen/crashed....i.e you can't open settings or save or load??

My bad...Save etc works fine...just sometimes there's something covering the bottom line of the Audio page...so that, even though you can see the settings and file icons, they cannot be pressed until this layer is removed...