Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Bram Bos is up to something

edited September 2018 in Other

@brambos is up to something... and that deserves a new thread. :smile:

Comments

• edited September 2018

Rich in fiber, apparently :D

Edit: ninja’d already B)

• edited September 2018

@brambos said:
    Rich in fiber, apparently :D

Edit: ninja’d already B)

Must have our daily dose of Bram! 😂

• Noir huh?
    Something droney??

• My name is David and I am a big fan of brambos stuff. Bring on the new Shot... 😮

• So Bram's got a stew goin! Excellent

• edited September 2018

I’m a sucker for noir movies (and comics). Hope this one has a “Chinatown” vibe to it.

• Jazzy minimalism?
    Like Pavlov’s hound here, I await....

• Darktime?

• @Eriko said:
    Darktime?

Dark Techno?

• <-- Patiently sits and waits for the unveil while secretly racking brain to try and think what it might be.

• Cool, Don't know what it is or will be...

I've fallen (again) for Alchemy in Logic Pro X and in particularly it's step-sequencers that can be used to modulate just about anything and there's no limit to how many step-sequencers I can use...

We do have plenty of capable synths on iOS but they fall short on modulation options and routings.
    Sure we do have ApeMatrix for modulating any AUParaamater but it doesn't yet implement step-sequencer (or custom LFO wave) for modulation. I'm thinking something like XLFO from Mood that would be neat.

It would be enough with 16 steps with 'quantise values' for the Y-Axis (for example 1/12 to lock to semitones) and optional interpolation between the steps(smooth output value).

In due time I think we'll get teasers about this NOIR thing :)

• @greengrocer said:

@Eriko said:
    Darktime?

Dark Techno?

No, Darktime http://www.doepfer.de/Dark_Time_e.htm

• @Eriko said:

@greengrocer said:

@Eriko said:
    Darktime?

Dark Techno?

No, Darktime http://www.doepfer.de/Dark_Time_e.htm

Can be used to create Dark Techno :)

• Fiber 1.0 by Bram Bos. I know, it’s a utility to clean out the midi pipeline.

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    Kellogg’s @brambos

Kelloggs?.... Wasn't he a Cereal Killer? :D

• @studs1966 said:

@thesoundtestroom said:
    Kellogg’s @brambos

My dad, a former cop, knew a guy named Kellogg who killed a guy by repeatedly bashing him with a bag of Grape Nuts. :o

• @oat_phipps said:

@studs1966 said:

@thesoundtestroom said:
    Kellogg’s @brambos

My dad, a former cop, knew a guy named Kellogg who killed a guy by repeatedly bashing him with a bag of Grape Nuts. :o

It's random shit like this that keeps me coming back to this forum.

• @oat_phipps said:

@studs1966 said:

@thesoundtestroom said:
    Kellogg’s @brambos

That’s Life.

:|

• @Samu said:
    Cool, Don't know what it is or will be...

I've fallen (again) for Alchemy in Logic Pro X and in particularly it's step-sequencers that can be used to modulate just about anything and there's no limit to how many step-sequencers I can use...

We do have plenty of capable synths on iOS but they fall short on modulation options and routings.
    Sure we do have ApeMatrix for modulating any AUParaamater but it doesn't yet implement step-sequencer (or custom LFO wave) for modulation. I'm thinking something like XLFO from Mood that would be neat.

It would be enough with 16 steps with 'quantise values' for the Y-Axis (for example 1/12 to lock to semitones) and optional interpolation between the steps(smooth output value).

In due time I think we'll get teasers about this NOIR thing :)

Definitely agree re: Alchemy. Have you explored LayR’s step sequencer as a mod source? Can be quite powerful and will send to the outside world if needed.

• @brice said:

Definitely agree re: Alchemy. Have you explored LayR’s step sequencer as a mod source? Can be quite powerful and will send to the outside world if needed.

I've not had the patience to dig deep into LayR.
    Last time I checked the step sequencer was used to trigger notes.

I do like the XLFO in Mood but it's kinda sad there's only one of them (Ie. no way to add separate arpeggios for each of the 3 voices) in the app and no way to set the number of steps for the custom wave (which is called arpeggiator) nor any 'smoothing' options.

So yeah, ApeMatrix with the addition of a custom wave for each of the LFOs would be modulation mayhem :)
    (with optional reset of the 'LFO Phase' based on note input, the LFO Phase Reset could be seen as a 'performance parameter').

I do get that what I'm trying to do is on the extreme side and based on my roots in Tracker/ChipMusic where 'tables are used to modulate voicing parameters (tables for wave, pulse-width, filter cutoff, pitch with tick/frame accuracy at high speeds). Gadget with it's deep automation comes pretty close but's it's drawing by hand and no copy & paste of the automation, so what is left on iOS is SunVox and multi-synth/meta-module abuse :)

What makes me feel slightly 'frustrated' is that Apple has already ported the full Alchemy engine to iOS and it's locked inside GarageBand but there is no way to fully edit the patches ARGHHHHHHH!!!!

• Gotta admit i'm anxious already! :lol:
    @brambos, at least do you have any ETA? Or ETA for a teaser?

• @brice said:

@oat_phipps said:

@studs1966 said:

@thesoundtestroom said:
    Kellogg’s @brambos

That’s Life.

Would've also accepted 'he did it just for Kix'

• @senhorlampada said:
    Gotta admit i'm anxious already! :lol:
    @brambos, at least do you have any ETA? Or ETA for a teaser?

While we're waiting :)

• @oat_phipps said:

@brice said:

@oat_phipps said:

@studs1966 said:

@thesoundtestroom said:
    Kellogg’s @brambos

That’s Life.

Total psycho, that guy.

• @oat_phipps said:

@studs1966 said:

@thesoundtestroom said:
    Kellogg’s @brambos

Lol, do you write for Steven Wright?

• @AudioGus said:

@oat_phipps said:

@studs1966 said:

@thesoundtestroom said:
    Kellogg’s @brambos

Lol, do you write for Steven Wright?

I wish! That'd be a dream job.

• @brice said:

@oat_phipps said:

@brice said:

@oat_phipps said:

@studs1966 said:

@thesoundtestroom said:
    Kellogg’s @brambos

That’s Life.

Total psycho, that guy.

Wheaties he thinking!?!

...i give up, you win