Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

List your broken apps in iOS 12 here

Comments

• @greengrocer said:
    @j_liljedahl Fluxpad crashes when opened in AUM with iPhone 7 Plus iOS 12.

Check Fluxpad itself - not working in standalone on my SE after the update.

• @Iso said:

@LucidMusicInc said:
    I took a chance on Studiomux and was let down. Sound was there but garbage fidelity on Windows 10 Asus. Not sure if it’s IOS 12 or a myriad of other reasons but it doesn’t work and I’m out of pocket $15 for trying it out :s

Working fine on 12 here. PM me if you would like me to help you troubleshoot it. Much easier than trying to fix it for you via the forum.

Thanks I appreciate the support and it’s reassuring to know it can work on 12. I followed the directions. Maybe it’s the crappy hardware...caveat emptor. l’ll send you a PM about it when time permits.

• edited September 2018

@LucidMusicInc said:

@Iso said:

@LucidMusicInc said:
    I took a chance on Studiomux and was let down. Sound was there but garbage fidelity on Windows 10 Asus. Not sure if it’s IOS 12 or a myriad of other reasons but it doesn’t work and I’m out of pocket $15 for trying it out :s

Working fine on 12 here. PM me if you would like me to help you troubleshoot it. Much easier than trying to fix it for you via the forum.

Thanks I appreciate the support and it’s reassuring to know it can work on 12. I followed the directions. Maybe it’s the crappy hardware...caveat emptor. l’ll send you a PM about it when time permits.

OK, cool. :) Might be something as simple as deleting the dll's in your plugin folder & re-installing them, or something like that. It can be tricky to set up, but once it's working it's very stable. It needs a little coaxing when first installed. PM me anytime, happy to try & get it up & running for you............

• @MonzoPro said:

@greengrocer said:

Check Fluxpad itself - not working in standalone on my SE after the update.

Standalone of fluXpad is working on my Mini Retina I've just updated to iOS 12, so something strange is happening with different devices.

• Just loaded fluxpad on 12.9 v2 12 and everything seemed to work fine. Same on SE, all fine here.
    Try loading a new project.....

• @j_liljedahl said:

@greengrocer said:

I have no control over bugs in other apps :)
    Tried Fluxpad now and can't even get any sound out from it as stand-alone.

Thanks, same here btw. Fluxpad standalone freezes after launch.

So Fluxpad has a problem. Anyone know if the devs have an audiobus account?

• @Carnbot said:
    Just loaded fluxpad on 12.9 v2 12 and everything seemed to work fine. Same on SE, all fine here.

Can create or open projects, but nothing happens after pressing the play button. There's really a bug somewhere.

• @greengrocer said:

@Carnbot said:
    Just loaded fluxpad on 12.9 v2 12 and everything seemed to work fine. Same on SE, all fine here.

Can create or open projects, but nothing happens after pressing the play button. There's really a bug somewhere.

It looks like it's an iPhone bug it's working fine on my 10.5 Pro as well

• @knewspeak said:

@greengrocer said:

@Carnbot said:

It looks like it's an iPhone bug it's working fine on my 10.5 Pro as well

Yeah that's strange, working ok on my iphone SE though

• Respect to you all for giving feedback I for sure will not upgrade just yet Seems bit shaky at the moment Hope everyone gets whats now broken fixed

• Ah ok, FluXpad working again on my SE after a reboot, cleared up the sluggish app/swipe/close thing too

• Anyone else notice Filterstation2 LFO Modulation is not working with sync on. Free-running works fine. Running as an AU3 in AUM..

• I don't get any sound out of Tera

• @ageezz said:
    Anyone else notice Filterstation2 LFO Modulation is not working with sync on. Free-running works fine. Running as an AU3 in AUM..

Sorry guys - schoolboy error on my part. Works fine if you have the transport running. So all good so far.

• edited September 2018

@j_liljedahl I wasn’t able to reproduce AUM crash with SessionBand Jazz 3 on my iPhone 7 Plus. From what I remember AUM was loaded with a channel set for sax monitoring with DDMF 6144/NYC and EOS2, with Sessionband3 running in standalone mode. Then without quiting SBJ3, I loaded it as IAA in AUM and when switching between both apps, AUM entirely crashed I had to load it again and kill SBJ3 to load it again properly again as IAA as it wasn’t load in AUM. Latency buffers was set to 64 (I usually use 128 but iOS12 seems to have improved things a little bit here). Again I wasn’t able to reproduce the crash and it has worked without issues today during more than one hour. AUM never has crashed before, most stable iOS music app I use it for sax practice between one and two hours everyday without any issues.

• RX950 still crashes for me in GarageBand once I turn a knob:

• @Janosax said:
    RX950 still crashes for me in GarageBand once I turn a knob:

Yeah I spoke to the developer, the real fix is coming (already in review)

• @realdawei said:

@Janosax said:

Nice!!

• @Philippe said:
    This little dance at every ios cycle. Apple is laughting at everyone so bad once again. All that mess for few emojis.
    We should ban this big joke of company...

iOS 12.x may be the best upgrade of the system since we got iOS5.0...
    Faster, better gestures, stable, nice small features here and there...
    At least on my iPad Pro 12.9” 2017 generation...

• @realdawei said:

@Janosax said:

RX-950 fix is in and looks good.

• SampleTank is not working in IOS 12. As soon as you touch any knob the app crashes.
    @ikmultimedia

• edited September 2018

@Rodolfo said:
    SampleTank is not working in IOS 12. As soon as you touch any knob the app crashes.
    @ikmultimedia

Same here! 😩
    @ikmultimedia

• @Rodolfo said:
    SampleTank is not working in IOS 12. As soon as you touch any knob the app crashes.
    @ikmultimedia

Oh.

Indeed.

It plays fine, but touching any knob crashes it back to the home screen.

• @Janosax said:

@realdawei said:

@Janosax said:

Nice!!

Fix is out now, have had second update this morning, not tried it yet though to know if the issue is sorted

• @MonzoPro said:
    Ah ok, FluXpad working again on my SE after a reboot, cleared up the sluggish app/swipe/close thing too

@j_liljedahl said:

@greengrocer said:

I have no control over bugs in other apps :)
    Tried Fluxpad now and can't even get any sound out from it as stand-alone.

Fluxpad standalone working as standalone but crashing in AUM (iOS 12/ iPad MIni 4)
    Did also reboot and new install problem is still there.

• RX950 is nicely fixed, no more issues.

• @Rodolfo @chandroji @tja

Hey Guys,

To confirm, there is currently some unusual behavior in SampleTank on iOS 12 which we are addressing as we speak. Keep an eye out for the next update to SampleTank iOS. This should be coming soon with a fix.

In the meantime, go ahead and use the MIDI learn page to adjust your knobs. While we understand this is ideal, this should not result in a crash and should help you make edits while we address this behavior.

• @Ryan_IK said:
    @Rodolfo @chandroji @tja

Hey Guys,

To confirm, there is currently some unusual behavior in SampleTank on iOS 12 which we are addressing as we speak. Keep an eye out for the next update to SampleTank iOS. This should be coming soon with a fix.

In the meantime, go ahead and use the MIDI learn page to adjust your knobs. While we understand this is ideal, this should not result in a crash and should help you make edits while we address this behavior.

Thank you very much @Ryan_IK

• Yep, thanks for your attention @Ryan_IK