Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

List your broken apps in iOS 12 here

Comments

• Speaking of which, has anyone experienced any issues with Gadget under 12?

• On a side note. With ios12 full screen youtube in safari is back. Game changer :D

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Well iOS 11 was a game cha... introduced Files, so getting me to update right away didn't take too much convincing. iOS 12 has nothing in the way of anything truly novel (unless you count truly useless shite like "memojis" as novel), so I'll be sticking to my usual routine of waiting until Halloween/whenever Korg releases an "iOS 12 compatibility update" for Gadget before updating to 12. :smirk:

So you have problems with Gadget?

• @tja said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Well iOS 11 was a game cha... introduced Files, so getting me to update right away didn't take too much convincing. iOS 12 has nothing in the way of anything truly novel (unless you count truly useless shite like "memojis" as novel), so I'll be sticking to my usual routine of waiting until Halloween/whenever Korg releases an "iOS 12 compatibility update" for Gadget before updating to 12. :smirk:

Nope, because I'm still on 11.4.1. :smirk:

• Hi Could you please show me a screen grab on how you did that? The app does not even show up in my settings list. I would love to hear her again. No idea how to change the date. Any help here would be awesome.

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@TheOriginalPaulB said:

@Rich303 said:
    I’ll start off with Z3TA+. No sound.

Old problem. Set the system date back to 2016 and it’ll work.

How is this done?

EDIT: Just as easily as I would imagine :)

Just changed the date in settings and yes indeedy you're right, it works fine....

• @JonLewis said:
    The Notion issue is scary. I’ve got a lot of WIP in Notion. Not updating yet based on that.

I didn’t lose any of my scores. Maybe not of help if there is even a vague possibility.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@tja said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

Like me.

So, from where did you get the impression that Gadget runs into problems under iOS 12?

In this topic, nobody wrote that, you where the first ....

Please enlighten us :smile:

• Sorry, still clueless! No idea what to do with your picture. Thanks for the screen grab though. Oh is that a joke on me? Did’nt get it. Cheers.

@u0421793 said:

• edited September 2018

12's fine, ya big wusses. With exception to the dawcassette/dawlp visual hitches. And I'm pretty sure it performs much better at 48 khz, which is nice.

This has gotta be the least new-featured iOS yet. Swipe up for home screen, now swipe down from top-right for control center...that seems to be about it, because I can't find any new emojis or 'animojis' or whatever they added...any help on that would be appreciated.

Edit: Oh, and just checked, they added a whopping one (1) new wallpaper

• @ElektrikDiva said:
    Sorry, still clueless! No idea what to do with your picture. Thanks for the screen grab though. Oh is that a joke on me? Did’nt get it. Cheers.

@u0421793 said:

Back to the future (movie)

• edited September 2018

@ElektrikDiva said:
    Hi Could you please show me a screen grab on how you did that? The app does not even show up in my settings list. I would love to hear her again. No idea how to change the date. Any help here would be awesome.

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@TheOriginalPaulB said:

@Rich303 said:

How is this done?

Just changed the date in settings and yes indeedy you're right, it works fine....

I think they’re talking about the device’s settings. Under “General > Date & Time.” Roll that one back....UNLESS you rely on Calendar for important things. That might backfire.

• If this fixes the AU memory limit as discussed elsewhere and means less crackles/crashes when making music then this update is just wonderful.

• Apps like TC-11 and TC-Data will need help regarding the new gesture at the top of the screen to drop down the control panel. As it is if you are playing near the top and just happen to swipe down from the very top of the screen the app is interrupted. I believe a similar situation occurred at iOS 11 for the bottom of the screen and an app could ignore. Not sure if this is possible for iOS 12 with the need to support these silly buttonless iDevices...

• Thank you Brice! Much appreciated! Cheers!

• @brice said:

@ElektrikDiva said:
    Hi Could you please show me a screen grab on how you did that? The app does not even show up in my settings list. I would love to hear her again. No idea how to change the date. Any help here would be awesome.

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@TheOriginalPaulB said:

@Rich303 said:

How is this done?

I think they’re talking about the device’s settings. Under “General > Date & Time.” Roll that one back....UNLESS you rely on Calendar for important things. That might backfire.

Well I certainly wouldn’t recommend rolling back the date for more than a quick tinkle on Z3ta and then setting it straight back to today’s date.

For a start it totally messes with the App Store and prevents you from buying any more apps (actually, maybe that’s not such a bad thing). But you get me...

• @Proto said:

@ElektrikDiva said:
    Sorry, still clueless! No idea what to do with your picture. Thanks for the screen grab though. Oh is that a joke on me? Did’nt get it. Cheers.

@u0421793 said:

Back to the future (movie)

Thanks for the explanation Proto! Do not see how that is relevant to my query @ u0.

• A better way than using the calendar is to reinstall the previous Z3ta ipa to the last one if you still have it backed up somewhere. That still seems to be working ok for me.

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:

@brice said:

@ElektrikDiva said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@TheOriginalPaulB said:

@Rich303 said:

How is this done?

Well I certainly wouldn’t recommend rolling back the date for more than a quick tinkle on Z3ta and then setting it straight back to today’s date.

For a start it totally messes with the App Store and prevents you from buying any more apps (actually, maybe that’s not such a bad thing). But you get me...

Was never impressed by Zeta so I ain’t touchin’ my date & time. But wise words for those who do. Tinkle quickly then quickly come back to the present, even if it sucks.

• Be aware... if you have something like deleting iMessage after 30 days automatically this could killl your conversations you have in your message app :)
    Happened to me once. Took me a while to figure out why the heck all my messages were gone 😮

• OK, i am biting.

Re-enabling Apple update servers in the router, starting to download.

• @tja said:
    OK, i am biting.

Re-enabling Apple update servers in the router, starting to download.

What did I think?!?

Yep, also tried to hard-reboot first.

Trying again tomorrow, otherwise will open a case at Apple.

And I fear that I will need to reset this as new iPad and then restore a backup.
    That will loose more Apps again :/ :( :s

• Apple should really give a rebirth to being able to do a full backup of your device, including the apps themselves!
    As of today, there's no chance to create a snapshot of a stable system by simply backing it up.
    Today, restoring an iPhone or iPad is unacceptable without a fast internet connection, and that's ridiculous.

• tjatja
    edited September 2018

@rs2000 said:
    Apple should really give a rebirth to being able to do a full backup of your device, including the apps themselves!
    As of today, there's no chance to create a snapshot of a stable system by simply backing it up.
    Today, restoring an iPhone or iPad is unacceptable without a fast internet connection, and that's ridiculous.

THIS!!!

And now, I am trying to create a new encrypted backup with iTunes.
    And what does it want from me?
    It requires me to enter some old password that I used maybe years ago and that I cannot remember anymore!
    I cannot change it, as it first requires the old password.

I cannot even write what I am thinking and feeling. It has to do with lots of bloody things.

Really, I cannot choose a password for my backup - I first need to enter the password that I used at some time earlier.
    Who invented such a logic??

• edited September 2018

@VirSyn AudioLayer is broken for rendering/export in several DAWS including AU reliable GarageBand. See related thread.

Also some Audio Damage fxs seems to have graphics little issues with odd thin white lines from time to time.

RX950 already mentioned.

@j_liljedahl AUM play transport button sometimes don’t works, AUM don’t starts. I have to quit and load AUM again.

Those seems to be my only issues at the moment with my iPhone7 Plus updated to iOS12, but I haven’t tested everything.

On the other side my iPhone is a bit faster for everything especially GarageBand, and audio seems to be stable in most apps, no crackles nor apps crashes.

• I’ve been on iOS 12 since the first beta. Everything that worked before still works and in some cases better (haven’t had a single crackle when switching apps). Everything that was crashing before still crashes, so there’s that.

• @tja said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@tja said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

Like me.

So, from where did you get the impression that Gadget runs into problems under iOS 12?

In this topic, nobody wrote that, you where the first ....

Please enlighten us :smile:

Well, any app could break under a major number upgrade if not compatible, so I tend to err on the side of caution so as to continue being productive rather than upgrade and f--- something up, having to wait for a compatibility patch, etc.

• Has anyone tried the Drum Perfect Pro?

• @Santosgera said:
    Has anyone tried the Drum Perfect Pro?

Seems to be OK!

• @gusgranite said:
    Seems to be OK!

Thanks!