Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iOS 12 Garageband Update!!!

Comments

• Nice to see Logic Pro X get some love not sure how old this is and don’t own a Mac but you never know it might filter down.

• edited September 2018

Nice new keyboard factory/user presets browser button for AU. Works for example with ModelD, Volt, Ruismaker, but not Roli Noise nor Unique. Great addition. They should have added that to Alchemy iPhone version too.

I also find GB opens faster.

• edited September 2018

@Janosax @Samu an augmented reality app that lets you measure distances and lengths quite accurately just pointing the camera at objects. You should re-visit it if you deleted it, it's quite impressive actually.

(But as I said, don't point it at Claude Monet ;))

• Any of you great iOS musicians out there want to do a tutorial on midi import? Tried gadget and bm3 and gb says file not supported. Any hints or help

• @LucidMusicInc said:
    Is it just me or is AB impossible to use in GarageBand?

Yup.

Sadly correct. And no Ableton-Link either ( unless thats very recently changed. methinks not :( )

• edited September 2018

@nonchai said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

Yup.

Sadly correct. And no Ableton-Link either ( unless thats very recently changed. methinks not :( )

You can still use apeMatrix which is IAA synced with GB, and load some stuff inside ApeM and rec its audio output in GB. It’s a great combo. Cubasis nor GB have link. You can use Midi Link Sync app: GB midi clock will be converted to Link. I finished a track using it with AUM as IAA in GB, with no major issues. First real iOS DAW having Link will certainly be Stagelight as it’s able to apply ElastiqueV2 Pro timestretch to all audio.

Also beta testing Stagelight I’ve found a nice iOS AU. Never use them and prefer third party AU, but really AU distortion is powerful, complex and sounds good. It also has a bunch of presets:

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @stormywaterz said:
    Any of you great iOS musicians out there want to do a tutorial on midi import? Tried gadget and bm3 and gb says file not supported. Any hints or help

Never mind figured it out. You have to use the loop files option instead of the files folder floating GarageBand app.

• edited September 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Janosax said:

@nonchai said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

Yup.

You can still use apeMatrix which is IAA synced with GB, and load some stuff inside ApeM and rec its audio output in GB. It’s a great combo. Cubasis nor GB have link. You can use Midi Link Sync app: GB midi clock will be converted to Link. I finished a track using it with AUM as IAA in GB, with no major issues. First real iOS DAW having Link will certainly be Stagelight as it’s able to apply ElastiqueV2 Pro timestretch to all audio.

Also beta testing Stagelight I’ve found a nice iOS AU. Never use them and prefer third party AU, but really AU distortion is powerful, complex and sounds good. It also has a bunch of presets:

Wonder if it’s because it’s AB3. Will try AB2 later.

• edited September 2018

@LucidMusicInc said:

@Janosax said:

@nonchai said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

Yup.

Wonder if it’s because it’s AB3. Will try AB2 later.

GB works perfectly with AB audio in with Audiobus 3, but you have to choose regular audio input in GB, not AB IAA inputs, as AB is seen as an audio interface by GB.

• @McDtracy said:

@jrjulius said:
    “Import and playback of MIDI files”

There's a large army of the elderly that want this. We are frankly outnumbered. But rest assured they will dwindle over time...

wow

• edited September 2018

@AndyPlankton :want what? Midi import? Oh, I see... meh

• edited September 2018

That midi import export feature could be interesting to create some material in an AU midi player hosted in AUM/ApeM. Could be done with Xequence too. Also useful with Gadget.

• edited September 2018

Pete Johns is Garageband’s best feature ..

• @Telstar5 said:
    @AndyPlankton :want what? Midi import?

I want nothing, was just a bit shocked by the ageist comment ;)

• New Drummer picker.

• edited September 2018

@mistercharlie said:
    New Drummer picker.

Saw that one it’s nice.

Just tried export midi files from Gadget to import them in GB, that works though loops browser and you import with Files, in this case via Dropbox (thanks Gadget!!). Works pretty nice.

Best scenario usage for this one:

You want to sequence Gadget instruments (already sequenced in Gadget in a project idea) in a linear arrangement with other audio files/recordings, or/and being able to play with GB loop mode. As your arrangement will also use audio files and recordings, Xequence is not the best choice. With recent AUV3 RouteMIDI, you can add midi out feature to GB, with 16 channels per virtual output. Make your arrangement in GB with all midi (imported from Gadget) and audio parts, and then export GB midi file and import it in Gadget. You can also multi tracks record RouteMIDI instances outputs directly in Gadget in real-time. Now export Gadget audio stems and import them in GB, this will give you possibility to add AU fxs on those Gadget stems etc.

Can be useful with ApeM/AUM too.

I’m in touch with RouteMIDI dev, he works on enhancing its app to make it even better:

RouteMIDI « Brian Howarth »
    https://itunes.apple.com/fr/app/routemidi/id1347099452?mt=8

• @Janosax said:

Just tried export midi files from Gadget to import them in GB, that works though loops browser and you import with Files, in this case via Dropbox (thanks Gadget!!). Works pretty nice.

I can't get midi import to work. I can add them to the loop picker, but they're greyed out, and I can't drag or otherwise select them.

• @mAxjUlien said:
    I’m sure Midi import is a boon for IBassist and Funkdrummer users. Tbh, I’m just encouraged with Apples recent commitment to GB and Logic. Updates have noticeably increased in frequency which is a win for everyone.

Tho subtle...the overall recent updates to iOS and OS have been very well received in my little neck of the woods. We’ve come a very long way and a very short time.

The only thing that saddens me is that they haven’t created an app that can slow down real time. Yet. These tools make me want to stay young forever.lol

Lol. Botox baby ! You’ll be fine ;)

• edited September 2018

Pro-Q 2 now works in GarageBand 👍

So does Harmonizer

• @AndyPlankton : At 66, I’m too old to give a ——

• @Telstar5 said:
    @AndyPlankton : At 66, I’m too old to give a ——

:D :D

• @mAxjUlien : Yeah I see good things coming down the pike from Apple . Next Logic update should be sweet

• @Telstar5 said:

What's the view like from there?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Telstar5 said:

What's the view like from there?

Reading glasses only at 1.50 so just fine!

• edited September 2018

Am I the only one who has understood they were both midi import and export? In fact it’s only import via loops menu.

• @mAxjUlien said:

@Janosax said:
    Am I the only one who has understood they were both midi import and export? In fact it’s only import via loops menu.

oh wow...so you can't import ibassist, funk drummer?

You can import any midi files.