Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New song, all sounds by SynthDrum Kick - first iOS song, first post

Hi all; and thanks to all for a lot of knowledge and inspiration while I was lurking, and to the audiobus team for creating something really great.

Last weekish I had just downloaded Synthdrum Kick and was on a plane for 2.5 hours, so when flight mode went on I started AUM and when I landed I had actually completed a track for the first time. Much rejoicing so I though I'd post just to recommend this app:

Apps used: Rozeta (4 cells, 3 xox, 1 bass) 5 SynthDrum Kicks, AUM, Quatromod, Filterstation2, EOS2, FAC Maxima, Harmony Eight, FAC transient. Finished in Cubasis later that night.

Comments

• Hey, welcome, Judas! Always happy to see someone new join in the fun. I like the humor of this creation a lot. Just sly enough!
    How long on iOS?

• Thank you! Just about a year. I was really just looking for something to sequence a volca with, but then there was this moog app that looked neat so... I had to start organizing stuff in folders a couple of weeks later.

It is just really great to have all this fantastic gear in such a small, portable package.

• That's great. Do you have Cubasis? A great DAW and on sale now for $25 with an MPE keyboard for Roli Noise and full AU display update. Good threads going about it now and in the past.. Btw, if you use @LinearLineman or any other name there will be a notification for the person you are mentioning.

• @LinearLineman I do have Cubasis, got it last time it was on sale. It's good, but I've already had Auria for a while, so I mostly use that for DAW stuff.

I have to say, I mostly prefer to use the Rozeta, Audiobus, AUM combo. It's just so immediate and approachable and fun.

For this track, I had two instances of Cells sequencing two other instances of Cells (and a Bassline and XoXs) using them to "linearize" a bunch of patterns. I almost got away with it too, but had synchronization problems towards the end. Not complaining though, as I imagine how this would have looked if it was hardware..

it would have looked so sweet

• Haha, I can imagine! Well, welcome to the forum, Judas!

• Nice, mate! Following you on soundcloud!
    Hope to hear more from you :smiley: