Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MultiTrackStudio: Updates and Tips/Tricks

We had an original thread about MultiTrackStudio that ran back to 2014, but I'm starting a new one because there was a "3.0" update today, and I can no longer change the thread titles on AudioBus Forum, so it made it appear outdated. Here's the original thread content link:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/6293/multitrackstudio-tips-tricks-updates-last-update-v-2-9-on-nov-14-2017/p1

I took a quick look at the update, and while the headline grabber is "AU MIDI effects" (requiring the iOS12 update), there are some other common-sense changes to the U.I. that are appreciated. First, it always baffled me why there wasn't a button to "stop and return to beginning". You can now do that by hitting the play/transport button and swiping left.

There is a cycling/loop button added, though it must respond to loop markers of some kind.

One neat change is that when you have all of the tracks minimized (not showing any zoomed in audio or MIDI data), there is a mini window pane next to the name of the track that shows what that track is doing for about a measure or two. That's actually pretty big because MTS has this sort of old school "PC DAW" feel to it when, and when you were just playing through a project, it could be difficult to know which tracks were actually making sounds (apart from the audio level indicator).

Cubasis got an update today, and I still use it an Auria Pro on occasion, but MTS remains a great no-B.S. DAW option on iOS, and it's great to see the continued updates and improvements.

Comments

• Here’s a quick screenshot showing the little audio/MIDI preview panes for minimized tracks:

• It’s the only iOS DAW I never brought. I heard the audio track options are pretty cool, this DAW never gets much publicity shame really.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    It’s the only iOS DAW I never brought. I heard the audio track options are pretty cool, this DAW never gets much publicity shame really.

Maybe because it's more expensive than Cubasis and a lot more expensive than Audio Evolution. To get time stretching and the ability to create song templates, you need the "Pro" IAP anyway, so looking at the current prices of AEM and Cubasis, I'm hesitating too.
    Nonetheless I've heard mainly positive comments about it. I might have chosen it two years ago, but today I just don't need yet another DAW ;)

• What’s up with the new articulation-switching function? Are there any AU or SF2 that support this? Do the onboard MTS instruments support it?

• edited September 2018

@StormJH1 So this is “MultiTrackStudio Pro” on the App Store, right? AEM is universal though, I don’t think this is?