Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget latency - strategies

Hi all - using my iPad 12.9 2017 with Gadget (no other apps open) I'm getting latency that keeps me from using onscreen keyboard in "realtime". Unacceptable to me. Buffer set to lowest setting in General "settings". This is a track that was only four Gadgets big. No automations, no effects to speak of.

I did the reboot, the cancelled before the 'power off' slider. Is there something else I should be messing with to get this to the acceptable range, well, the usable range? Thanks!

Comments

• @kinkujin said:
    Hi all - using my iPad 12.9 2017 with Gadget (no other apps open) I'm getting latency that keeps me from using onscreen keyboard in "realtime". Unacceptable to me. Buffer set to lowest setting in General "settings". This is a track that was only four Gadgets big. No automations, no effects to speak of.

I did the reboot, the cancelled before the 'power off' slider. Is there something else I should be messing with to get this to the acceptable range, well, the usable range? Thanks!

Turn off WiFi
    Turn off background processes including things like gestures and multitasking
    Turn off Siri
    Go into gadget settings and set latency to 512 And Turn off animations
    Be discerning in your combination of Gadgets. Lexington and Lisbon are the worst offenders.

Haven’t had latency on any of the devices owned previously, starting at Mini 2 and finishing at Pro second gen.

TLDR go into settings and turn everything off for better overall performance.

• There shouldn’t be any noticeable latency unless you are using Bluetooth or an external audio interface that adds it.

• Thanks to you both @LucidMusicInc and @Mark B

@Mark B said:
    There shouldn’t be any noticeable latency unless you are using Bluetooth or an external audio interface that adds it.

This may be the issue. Bluetooth headphones. Will test this out and report back. Thanks!

• edited August 2019

i run gadget 2 on ipad mini 0s 9.x - yeah- had latency issues in some situations too so i tried above comments and also increased latency to 2048 and it started working really well - i think, lol

• edited August 2019

Bluetooth audio will have very noticeable latency with every app.
    I'm on a much older device and have no latency problems with Gadget

Edit: Didn't notice this was an ancient thread!