Audiobus: Your virtual music studio.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Turnado AU and XY pads

Are the four XY pads in turnado no longer there now it’s an AU, as I can’t seem to find them ?

Comments

  • Do you mean Turnado ? (if so, yes they went with AUv3 update)

  • Use @brambos Rozeta XY. It’s not as convenient as having xy pads right there inside the app, but is a functioning workaround

  • Remember that Turnado standalone has midi out....so you can still map the standalone x/y pads to the host midi Turnado AU instance in AUM of course, just that you won't be using the audio in the standalone. This works best from device to device so you won't have to screen switch :)

  • @d4d0ug said:
    Do you mean Turnado ? (if so, yes they went with AUv3 update)

    Yes ha sorry thanks

  • @gsm909 said:
    Use @brambos Rozeta XY. It’s not as convenient as having xy pads right there inside the app, but is a functioning workaround

    But how do you map the XYpads to the various effects ?

  • @Carnbot said:
    Remember that Turnado standalone has midi out....so you can still map the standalone x/y pads to the host midi Turnado AU instance in AUM of course, just that you won't be using the audio in the standalone. This works best from device to device so you won't have to screen switch :)

    Thanks that sounds like an interesting work around but how do you map the standalone pads with the internal tournado AU effects? Also this would be in bm3 for me.

  • Aahhh just realised BM3 HAS ITKS OWN INBUILT X Y PADS!

    Super easy to map them to turnado! Loads of fun interesting random crazy controlling things going on now!

  • @universe said:
    Aahhh just realised BM3 HAS ITKS OWN INBUILT X Y PADS!

    Super easy to map them to turnado! Loads of fun interesting random crazy controlling things going on now!

    Where can you find thos BM3 xy pads?

  • edited September 2018
  • edited September 2018

    @AlexB said:

    @universe said:
    Aahhh just realised BM3 HAS ITKS OWN INBUILT X Y PADS!

    Super easy to map them to turnado! Loads of fun interesting random crazy controlling things going on now!

    Where can you find thos BM3 xy pads?

    Yes as reccp showed. First map whatever you want from tornado to a macro and then you’re good to go. I think I’m going to use these x y pads for a lot of other synths too. Can’t believe I didn’t think of this before.

  • Thanks.

    Is it me or in Parameters in Turnado you cannot find Control 1?

  • @AlexB said:
    Thanks.

    Is it me or in Parameters in Turnado you cannot find Control 1?

    It's not you, just one of those things :)

  • edited September 2018

    @AlexB said:
    Thanks.

    Is it me or in Parameters in Turnado you cannot find Control 1?![]

    That is the ‘missing parameter one’ bug in BM3. Aparently it was fixed in the beta a while ago so we should be getting the fix dot dot dot...

  • @universe said:

    @Carnbot said:
    Remember that Turnado standalone has midi out....so you can still map the standalone x/y pads to the host midi Turnado AU instance in AUM of course, just that you won't be using the audio in the standalone. This works best from device to device so you won't have to screen switch :)

    Thanks that sounds like an interesting work around but how do you map the standalone pads with the internal tournado AU effects? Also this would be in bm3 for me.

    I've not tried in BM3 but in AUM you direct the midi from Turnado standalone to AUM's midi port and then you select the AUM port from Turnado AU. but you have to use the Tunado "music effect" AU not the other one, because the "music effect AU" has midi input.

  • @Carnbot said:

    @universe said:

    @Carnbot said:
    Remember that Turnado standalone has midi out....so you can still map the standalone x/y pads to the host midi Turnado AU instance in AUM of course, just that you won't be using the audio in the standalone. This works best from device to device so you won't have to screen switch :)

    Thanks that sounds like an interesting work around but how do you map the standalone pads with the internal tournado AU effects? Also this would be in bm3 for me.

    I've not tried in BM3 but in AUM you direct the midi from Turnado standalone to AUM's midi port and then you select the AUM port from Turnado AU. but you have to use the Tunado "music effect" AU not the other one, because the "music effect AU" has midi input.

    Cool many thanks 👍

  • @universe said:
    Are the four XY pads in turnado no longer there now it’s an AU, as I can’t seem to find them ?

    XY pads are now available in the Audio Unit!! :-)

  • @AudioGus said:

    @AlexB said:
    Thanks.

    Is it me or in Parameters in Turnado you cannot find Control 1?![]

    That is the ‘missing parameter one’ bug in BM3. Aparently it was fixed in the beta a while ago so we should be getting the fix dot dot dot...

    They're waiting for some special big day aren't they? My birthday maybe? Not until May mind....

  • @JohnnyGoodyear said:

    @AudioGus said:

    @AlexB said:
    Thanks.

    Is it me or in Parameters in Turnado you cannot find Control 1?![]

    That is the ‘missing parameter one’ bug in BM3. Aparently it was fixed in the beta a while ago so we should be getting the fix dot dot dot...

    They're waiting for some special big day aren't they? My birthday maybe? Not until May mind....

    Sometimes code/features can be all bun(g)(d)led together. I imagine that down below under the hood there is a slightly stinky strata of 101010001 that supports other pillars and one cannot simply walk into Mordor etc.

  • @AudioGus said:

    @JohnnyGoodyear said:

    @AudioGus said:

    @AlexB said:
    Thanks.

    Is it me or in Parameters in Turnado you cannot find Control 1?![]

    That is the ‘missing parameter one’ bug in BM3. Aparently it was fixed in the beta a while ago so we should be getting the fix dot dot dot...

    They're waiting for some special big day aren't they? My birthday maybe? Not until May mind....

    Sometimes code/features can be all bun(g)(d)led together. I imagine that down below under the hood there is a slightly stinky strata of 101010001 that supports other pillars and one cannot simply walk into Mordor etc.

  • @Petah said:

    @universe said:
    Are the four XY pads in turnado no longer there now it’s an AU, as I can’t seem to find them ?

    XY pads are now available in the Audio Unit!! :-)

    Great- a bit of a tight squeeze on first sight- but all there and fully functional.

  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @EyeOhEss said:

    @Petah said:

    @universe said:
    Are the four XY pads in turnado no longer there now it’s an AU, as I can’t seem to find them ?

    XY pads are now available in the Audio Unit!! :-)

    Do the AU x/y pads record automation in hosts like Beatmaker/Cubasis?

    (@Monzopro maybe you can confirm? Cheers)

    Don't think so - though yu can control pretty much everything else in ApeMatrix or AUM via MIDI.

    ElasticFX has pads - not as many fx as Turnado but it does record automation.

  • edited June 10

    @universe said:
    Are the four XY pads in turnado no longer there now it’s an AU, as I can’t seem to find them ?

    Are you referring to these ones? I took these screen grabs from the current AU version on iOS12 in AUM.


  • @EyeOhEss said:

    @Petah said:

    @universe said:
    Are the four XY pads in turnado no longer there now it’s an AU, as I can’t seem to find them ?

    XY pads are now available in the Audio Unit!! :-)

    Do the AU x/y pads record automation in hosts like Beatmaker/Cubasis?

    (@Monzopro maybe you can confirm? Cheers)

    I haven't tried it but if they appear on the AUV3 parameter list then any AUV3 host that supports automation recording will be able to sequence it. This is not to say that it will definitely pick up the xy movements but then again I see no reason why not?

  • From the manual:

    XY-Pads:
    Control all 8 Main Knobs simultaneously, using the 4 XY-Pad. Each of the pads is connected to two Main Knobs, one on the x-axis and one on the y-axis.

    The 8 Main Knobs AU parameters are recorded into when moving the XY-Pads (The "Control 1-8" parameters on the bottom-left):

    Dictator (Automation Sequencer) can be automated too:

    Pretty much everything can automated in Turnado. There's even an AU parameter for "Randomize".

  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @EyeOhEss said:
    Thanks guys. Going to grab this end of the month. These never go on sale right?

    I think they have sales from time to time..... I’m sure someone mentioned on the forum before that there is some way you can retrospectively track the price of apps - but I can’t remember how this is done?

Sign In or Register to comment.