Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BM3 update.... any news on this.

Was hoping to hear something about this, i'm asking here 'cos the sort of question on the intua forum seems to cause a near riot.

Anyway, it's been a while since the last update, we have a new iOS released today, thought i might have heard something, but not a peep.

Anyone got news to share?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I did receive a message from them thanking me for my review and that says “we have more features and improvements coming up”. Now this may be an automated response thing, I don’t know, but I’m keeping faith at the moment :)

• I guess they are waiting for the ios12 feedbacks and will tweak if need be before release

• Guess half a year is not enough to make au midi work

• any iphone version yet?

• I'd love to see MPE, and the transient sample slicer that was there before launch then chopped out (no pun intended).

• Last I heard he was working on a side project for a new app with a different dev.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Last I heard he was working on a side project for a new app with a different dev.

I think that was only a little vinyl scratch making app

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    I did receive a message from them thanking me for my review and that says “we have more features and improvements coming up”. Now this may be an automated response thing, I don’t know, but I’m keeping faith at the moment :)

Probably not an automated response as I often hear devs complain there is no way to do an automated response, ;)

• @cstep333 said:
    Was hoping to hear something about this, i'm asking here 'cos the sort of question on the intua forum seems to cause a near riot.

Anyway, it's been a while since the last update, we have a new iOS released today, thought i might have heard something, but not a peep.

Anyone got news to share?

It gets asked on a daily basis over at their forum, your definition of riot seems to be skewed, the general answer over there is nobody has a clue about the new release, but rumours about no support are not true, definitely no riot ?

It does need to hurry along though, it has been way too long now.

• But, sometimes I and many other users wonder how it comes that he/they made ten updates to BM3 in six month, and now none update on eight month...?

I see mr Garcia on Instagram sometimes, and, he seems to do well! But everything he publish on Instagram concerns healthy food or some vacation places...

Beatmaker 3 is TOO GOOD to be abandon!!!

• @Turntablist riot is a bit of a strong term, but i do feel that any opinion that doesn't fit with an opinion of one particular person gets shot down quickly. so yep? you're right. no riot. but where did you get the complaint about "no support"?

had to double check my comment and the replies, didn't see any reference to "no support" up until you mentioned it. do you know something about support issues?

• edited September 2018

@eross said:
    any iphone version yet?

No beta has ever been released

• Looks somehow that after BM3 was offered for free last year the dev slowly lost interest. Probably loads and loads of free downloads and feelings how much he could have sold caused a depression. I lost all hope of the promised iPhone version ever come in to existence. BM looks like a sort of crossing between vapor and abandonware. Very sad...

• Holy trolly...

• Meanwhile, there's so much music to make...

• @mannix said:
    Looks somehow that after BM3 was offered for free last year the dev slowly lost interest. Probably loads and loads of free downloads and feelings how much he could have sold caused a depression. I lost all hope of the promised iPhone version ever come in to existence. BM looks like a sort of crossing between vapor and abandonware. Very sad...

Well, he's not wrong. Last update was 8 months ago.

I was under the impression, though, that the early chaos was mostly fixed and that it was really stable now and the only thing preventing me from using all the time was my own lack of effort.

• I hope the reason for the late update is the fully rewritten midi...
    Rozeta not working at all, poor timing, it's pain to use with external gear, impossible to use controllers if you wish to control apps/fxs on separate banks, useless resolution for recorded automation...

But I won't hold my breath on this... for most users additional slicing options and iPhone support is the top priority, so I'm just hoping that something will come sometime. :)

• @mannix said:
    Looks somehow that after BM3 was offered for free last year the dev slowly lost interest. Probably loads and loads of free downloads and feelings how much he could have sold caused a depression. I lost all hope of the promised iPhone version ever come in to existence. BM looks like a sort of crossing between vapor and abandonware. Very sad...

Let’s hope there was a avalanche of downloads during the free period of NAAM. And if there were it will have caused the opposite of depression as that was the goal. Smh. That music event is arguably where the music producers movers and shakers attend. The free download was to get their attention. Once the daw gets into the hands of the right people. Word of mouth spreads leading to a bigger uptake.

• edited September 2018

@universe said:

@mannix said:

Let’s hope there was a avalanche of downloads during the free period of NAAM. And if there were it will have caused the opposite of depression as that was the goal. Smh. That music event is arguably where the music producers movers and shakers attend. The free download was to get their attention. Once the daw gets into the hands of the right people. Word of mouth spreads leading to a bigger uptake.

My explanation of the lack of updates was ironically meant. The only thing I can say is that after it became free at NAMM last year the whole process of updates slowed down and came soon to a halt. The reason why is just speculation ;)
    Fact is that an iPhone version was promised, and with newer iPhone becoming larger and larger I think some people want this thing. And the promise is more than a year old.

• edited September 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @cstep333 said:
    @Turntablist riot is a bit of a strong term, but i do feel that any opinion that doesn't fit with an opinion of one particular person gets shot down quickly. so yep? you're right. no riot. but where did you get the complaint about "no support"?

had to double check my comment and the replies, didn't see any reference to "no support" up until you mentioned it. do you know something about support issues?

I didn't say you mentioned support, i pointed out the only thing that has been said on their forum, which the app is still supported, big difference to your "Riot"

I have spoken to the Beatmaker developer recently and got the answer to the support question i asked, so i can confirm myself it is still supported.

• edited September 2018

I guess BM3 has moved into the same state as BM2 after a while.
    I personally don't expect too much to happen in the near future - would @mathieugarcia develop an incredible amount of enhancements without releasing intermediate updates or at least betas?
    I don't think so.
    For anybody who doesn't like this: Be more careful before you purchase and:
    Say goodbye to instabuy :#

• edited September 2018

I bet there is something big instead of them just not working on it. It would make zero sense for them to stop pushing things forward

This discussion has been closed.