Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Announcing Audiobus 3.2

Hey! I just released Audiobus 3.2 into the world!

This release brings big new features to the mixer: audio effects, MIDI effects and MIDI sources now appear here, and you can adjust the mix on effects or bypass them. You can also mute MIDI or adjust MIDI velocity. It's a lot of fun for live play, and paves the way for what's to come in the next big Audiobus update ;-).

Audiobus 3.2 also introduces some new in-app keyboard features: you can now pan and zoom the keyboard to get just the right view.

Here's a video that shows what's new:

Enjoy! More to come soon.

Cheers,
Michael

Comments

• Am excited about new stuff. Feel pretty certain I hardly know what I could be/should be doing with the stuff that's already there, especially as regards MIDI. I sometimes dream (and this is by no means the first time) of well-established bits of lovely kit putting out a video, say three or four minutes, as though explaining to someone new what the app can do for them from scratch today in its evolved state.

I know, cherries on it and everything :)

Congrats on the release Mister M. Keep on!

• Great update , thanks for all the hard work.

• @Michael
    Great update, thx!
    Not sure if it is by design, but the drag gesture for the pan/wet/dry knobs are invented to what I would expect.

• Congrats and thanks for the hard work! I love the MIDI mute button--sometimes these small things have a huge impact.

• Hello @Michael, are you going to update the TestFlight Audiobus-version to 3.2 also (It's now on 3.1.4.)? Or do you want us betatesters to stop testing?

• wimwim
    edited September 2018

Oh man, @Michael this is swweeett! Love the midi mute and all the beefed up (tofu-ed up for all you vegans) mixer page.

Everything working great so far as I can see except I’m getting stuck faders meters on midi only channels such as Xequence. They’ll work for a bit, but then freeze at the fader position. If I move the fader then it’ll work for a bit but then freeze again at the fader height. I can see how that would be tricky to implement since Xequence isn’t even an audio app. ;)

I can PM you the preset or further details if you like. Thanks again for all your amazing hard work! I am having more fun with Audiobus at the center of my workflow than I’ve had for years.

• Also, I just loaded up Sunrizer AUv3. It appears full screen but doesn’t show the button to restore down to show the AB3 keyboard. It seems as if maybe its actually not in full-screen, and is covering up the AB3 keyboard.

I’m not sure if this is an AB3 or Sunrizer bug. I’m guessing Sunrizer?

• awww very cool,I can’t wait to test it out. does this update also have the ability to bus the audio from one track to another track? thanks for the great updates

• edited September 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Max23 said:

@wim said:
    Also, I just loaded up Sunrizer AUv3. It appears full screen but doesn’t show the button to restore down to show the AB3 keyboard. It seems as if maybe its actually not in full-screen, and is covering up the AB3 keyboard.

I’m not sure if this is an AB3 or Sunrizer bug. I’m guessing Sunrizer?

huh?
    what do you need the ab keyboard for if the au shows a much better keyboard?
    works as intended
    its a also a scale keyboard and you can load your own tuning files and it has a mod and pitch wheel, sunrizer without mod wheel doesnt make much sense ...

Whichever keyboard is best is not the point. If it’s a bug that affects other apps that don’t have a keyboard it will need to be fixed.

• Oh yeah, that one's deliberate; Sunrizer explicitly registers that it wants a full screen view with no host keyboard, and nothing else. Still not 100% sure about it, I wonder about adding an optional keyboard anyway, especially when I enhance it further. But for now, that's behaving correctly

• @Michael said:
    Oh yeah, that one's deliberate; Sunrizer explicitly registers that it wants a full screen view with no host keyboard, and nothing else. Still not 100% sure about it, I wonder about adding an optional keyboard anyway, especially when I enhance it further. But for now, that's behaving correctly

Good to know, and glad it doesn’t mean more work for you.

• Installing now
    Thanks for the hard work

• 👍👍
    One little thing, I’ll never get used to not tap the app icon to get to it, unintuitive.

• @Philippe said:
    👍👍
    One little thing, I’ll never get used to not tap the app icon to get to it, unintuitive.

Haha, I do that all the time.

• edited September 2018

@recccp said:
    @Michael
    Great update, thx!
    Not sure if it is by design, but the drag gesture for the pan/wet/dry knobs are invented to what I would expect.

No one else is experiencing this?

Just to explain with a pan knob
    drag left will pan left, drag right will pan right - which is what one would expect
    drag up will pan left, drag down will pan right - which is the opposite of how every knob in iOSland works.

Can someone confirm this behaviour, please?

• edited September 2018

@recccp said:

@recccp said:
    @Michael
    Great update, thx!

drag left will pan left, drag right will pan right - which is what one would expect
    drag up will pan left, drag down will pan right - which is the opposite of how every knob in iOSland works.

Yes, I can confirm this and find it weird as well.

I'm generally used to going up to go left (or increase value) and down to pan right (or decrease value).

• @supadom said:

@recccp said:

@recccp said:
    @Michael
    Great update, thx!

Yes, I can confirm this and find it weird as well.

I'm generally used to going up to go left (or increase value) and down to pan right (or decrease value).

Same although I didn't notice it until it was pointed out because I just moved from side to side in testing. It's a good point.

• Weird! It's been that way since it was released originally. Okay though, I'm not attached. I'll invert it.

• love the fx channel in the mixer now!!!!! and all the new features !!! thank ya for doing this

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited September 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Hmm. I prefer up = right, down = left.

• @vitocorleone123 said:
    Hmm. I prefer up = right, down = left.

That's what's being requested. You are safe. ;)

• After all he does live in Australia

• @Jomodu said:
    After all he does live in Australia

Good one 😂

• You should see how the toilets flush!