Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Stepolyarp help?

Is ther a way to audition the sound so you know what sounds your putting where? Also panning seems to not be working. (Reading the manual to no avail)
Thx

Comments

• wimwim
    edited September 2018

No way ro preview the sound, but you can start a sequence going (hint, latch the keyboard on) to preview live.

Panning isn’t actually panning the audio stream, it’s sending the cc for pan to the target app. If the synth you’re sending to doesn’t have panning, or doesn’t map the standard pan cc to that function then it won’t work. If you can midi map that control to something that actually pans the audio (like the channel pan control in the host), then you can use it for panning.

• @wim said:
    No way ro preview the sound, but you can start a sequence going (hint, latch the keyboard on) to preview live.

Panning isn’t actually panning the audio stream, it’s sending the cc for pan to the target app. If the synth you’re sending to doesn’t have panning, or doesn’t map the standard pan cc to that function then it won’t work. If you can midi map that control to something that actually pans the audio (like the channel pan control in the host), then you can use it for panning.

Ok thx for answering!
    Thats a bit different on the panning, I would never of guess that. Will give it a go.
    Would be great if when you touched the octave box on far left, the note sounded (especially useful when sequencing drum kits etc).

• edited September 2018

Ok I've been starting to fiddle with this app but I'm realizing the poly part of it means that within a sequence notes can overlap and therefore play extra notes a normal mono arpeggiator could not. The reason I was confused at first, is that I thought it was a multitrack sequencer, because when I have seen people make music with it, they often run several instruments and sequences at the same time, so I assumed this was happening all in one instance of the plugin....but am I to assume correctly that to achieve this it takes multiple instances of the plugin? That would make the app a lot more simple to use and explain why I can't find the window for adding simultaneous sequences using different onboard sounds.....lol. What a big difference one small wrong assumption can make.

• @wim said:

Ok played with panning.....Im very suprised it does not work like the pitch bend. On that you finger in the levels and it follows, beautiful. On panning, volume etc, you finger in the levels and nothing; you must dive into cc’s. Really wish it didnt or at least had the option.

• wimwim
    edited September 2018

@breilly said:

@wim said:

Ok played with panning.....Im very suprised it does not work like the pitch bend. On that you finger in the levels and it follows, beautiful. On panning, volume etc, you finger in the levels and nothing; you must dive into cc’s. Really wish it didnt or at least had the option.

That simply isn’t possible.

SPA Unit doesn’t produce sound, it only sends midi. Pitch bend works because the app(s) you’re sending midi to respond to pitch bend. If the app SPA is sending midi to doesn’t respond to cc for pan (10), there’s absolutely nothing SPA can do about it.

• @wim said:

@breilly said:

@wim said:

That simply isn’t possible.

SPA Unit doesn’t produce sound, it only sends midi. Pitch bend works because the app(s) you’re sending midi to respond to pitch bend. If the app SPA is sending midi to doesn’t respond to cc for pan (10), there’s absolutely nothing SPA can do about it.

• Ok, obviously my knowledge is lacking.
    Thx for explaining

• It’s a perfectly natural thing to assume would work. I scratched my own head over it at first and had to think it through.