Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

apeMatrix Parte Tre: Digging In - Daveypoo, The Mobile Music Minstrel

You all asked for it, and who am I to say no?

Let me know your thoughts.

Comments

• Thanks for that! More ideas, fresh funk, what could be better? I was diggin the clav on that. Thanks as always @Daveypoo

• Didn't watch the whole thing because I very obviously need to go back and watch the earlier episodes if I'm going to have any shot etc BUT I wanted to add a very small note and say while it seems like the smallest thing and while I know it's a fiddly thing to have to add I REALLY LIKE the addition of the little hand/pointer thingie. Makes the clarity of exactly what the hell your talking about ten times (100 times?) clearer than not having it. Plus plus. Will be back when more learned up.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    I REALLY LIKE the addition of the little hand/pointer thingie. Makes the clarity of exactly what the hell your talking about ten times (100 times?) clearer than not having it. Plus plus. Will be back when more learned up.

Yes, it's an enormous pain to edit in all the pointers and annotations but since I'm not filming my screen with an outside camera so you can see my hands, I figure it's the next best thing. That and all the app icons and pictures help keep it interesting when there's not much happening but my gums a-flappin'.

• Another awesome video! Very cool sounds.

Thank you.

• Great video. Thank you!

• edited September 2018

@Daveypoo
    Sadly you will need Audiobus or AUM for routing explicit (Hardware-)channels inside apeMatrix.
    I talked with the developer and it is simply not possible as he did not integrate direct input port routing.
    I tried that once with my Waldorf and got so frustrated that i contacted him.

So, stop trying to get it working without any 3rd party component. It simply wont work.

Have fun along :smile:

• edited September 2018

These vids are certainly inspiring. Last night I finally got Ruismaker groove going (via Rozeta Rhythm) and Viking Synth (via Rozeta Bassline) for a “generative” good time. All well until I went to save. Ah well, it was Bram’s tune anyhow. Up to this point it was 2 synth apps using just one Rozeta generation. (?)

Never thought I’d be into working this way but it’s tremendous fun and I love the chance and happy accidents that can occur. Then the goal would be to build in that. Or just have fun in that moment. Thanks for these vids, again.

• @MrBlaschke said:
    @Daveypoo
    Sadly you will need Audiobus or AUM for routing explicit (Hardware-)channels inside apeMatrix.
    I talked with the developer and it is simply not possible as he did not integrate direct input port routing.
    I tried that once with my Waldorf and got so frustrated that i contacted him.

So, stop trying to get it working without any 3rd party component. It simply wont work.

Have fun along :smile:

I got a nice email from Alessandro (the dev) this morning and he let me know that he's working on multi-channel audio now with hopefully a release next month.

So glad you all like the content. Please subscribe!