Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

App’s ‘To Learn ASAP’

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• TC-11
    Gestrument Pro
    Modstep
    iVCS 3
    Synthscaper

• Mazetools Sonicface
    Scythe Synth
    Jam Maestro
    Envolver
    Werkbench

• edited September 2018

Quantum
    Gestrument Pro
    Synthmaster one
    Pattering 2: I find this app more complex than I imagine it should be. More to do with the import/export filing kits.

• edited September 2018

No BM3? Anyone?
    MobMuPlat and PureData
    Audulus
    zMors Modular

• I honestly think I've got BM3 fully figured out after six months of intensive training.

Good call on gestrument pro however. This one is deep (and rewarding); it'll be my next six month mastery project.

• Model15
    iVCS3
    SynthScaper
    Auria Pro and FX

• edited September 2018
    1. Any programmable synth... but only because I used to program a Roland hardware synth and I know better. You can get lost for hours tweaking sounds and make NOTHING. Presets are fine.

2. Any DAW. I have several. Only 4 months in on IOS and I'm still shopping. OK?

3. Any interconnect App: AB3, AUM, etc. See 2.

4. Any complex FX App. See 2.

5. MidiFire with StreamByter. A programming language. Kinda burned out on programming. "Car Pool Tunnel" syndrome writing/debugging Perl, Python, Rails, PHP applications for work.

• @McDtracy said:
    1. Any programmable synth... but only because I used to program a Roland hardware synth and I know better. You can get lost for hours tweaking sounds and make NOTHING. Presets are fine.

1. Any DAW. I have several. Only 4 months in on IOS and I'm still shopping. OK?

2. Any interconnect App: AB3, AUM, etc. See 2.

3. Any complex FX App. See 2.

4. MidiFire with StreamByter. A programming language. Kinda burned out on programming. "Car Pool Tunnel" syndrome writing/debugging Perl, Python, Rails, PHP applications for work.

So everything then? 😂

• GR-16. Its so different from the DAW style I've used forever. But its such an impressive app and I've owned it and barely scratched it.

• @[Deleted User] said:

@McDtracy said:

1. Any DAW. I have several. Only 4 months in on IOS and I'm still shopping. OK?

2. Any interconnect App: AB3, AUM, etc. See 2.

3. Any complex FX App. See 2.

4. MidiFire with StreamByter. A programming language. Kinda burned out on programming. "Car Pool Tunnel" syndrome writing/debugging Perl, Python, Rails, PHP applications for work.

So everything then? 😂

No.

The acoustic instruments are solid: Colossus Piano, iSymphonic, Ravenscroft, Module, Preset Synths, ThumbJam, GeoShred, iGrand & iLectric Pianos, Seaboard 5D, Ocarina (for iphone blowing), ToneStack GO (for guitar), Soft Drummer and Tines (to remind me that cheaper sometimes is not worth it). They just make my Casio Controller have more sounds.

The notable exception is Spacecraft Granular which opened my mind to sequenced magic in a perfect GUI. So, I can see why the whole world of sequencing is waiting to be explored. I just need to get over the idea that I need to press every note on a keyboard or drum pad to own the results.

• edited September 2018

Turnado
    Discord4
    Synthmaster One (just used presets so far)
    Tonestack (so many FX <> amp <> cab combos yet to explore, also signal splitting / routing)
    Bark Filter
    Final Touch

And now you’ve made me think about Samplr which I’d long forgotten is on my old iPad2...

• Actually, for me, Phonem.

• S_nV_x

(I have no idea why we write it like that on ABF...) :smiley:

• @gusgranite said:
    S_nV_x

[see The Scottish Play although this juju also applies to unmentionable aspects of Beat Time...]

• @u0421793 said:
    Actually, for me, Phonem.

Good call.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    I honestly think I've got BM3 fully figured out after six months of intensive training.

I'm not asking 'well, is it good enough etc...' but looking back do you consider the investment in BM3 to have been worthwhile (for you)?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@lukesleepwalker said:
    I honestly think I've got BM3 fully figured out after six months of intensive training.

I'm not asking 'well, is it good enough etc...' but looking back do you consider the investment in BM3 to have been worthwhile (for you)?

Absolutely, it has paid off handsomely in terms of creative output. I have purposely considered BM3 to be "done" to avoid the trap of waiting for some mythical update to make it better somehow. When I accepted it for what it is and adapted, I grasped the real power.

I use BM3 daily and the combination of AU hosting, automation (with quirks), and sampling feels limitless to me. I hear the sound in my head and can bring it to life in BM3. I do use AudioLayer as my main live performance tool because it simplifies the live logistics but I compose everything happily in BM3.

• edited September 2018

My list is tooo full 😂
    S_nV_x
    Dhalang MG
    K machine
    scriptSonic
    TC Data
    Synth and Sound Scaper
    Droneo
    Audulus

Annnd any form of mastering app

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

Absolutely, it has paid off handsomely in terms of creative output. I have purposely considered BM3 to be "done" to avoid the trap of waiting for some mythical update to make it better somehow. When I accepted it for what it is and adapted, I grasped the real power.

I use BM3 daily and the combination of AU hosting, automation (with quirks), and sampling feels limitless to me. I hear the sound in my head and can bring it to life in BM3. I do use AudioLayer as my main live performance tool because it simplifies the live logistics but I compose everything happily in BM3.

Excellent answer. Thank you. And encouraging.

• Future versions of Reason Compact
    Nano Studio 2
    Drambo
    Aparillo
    Pro tools
    I’m working hard on these in my dreams right now

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@gusgranite said:
    S_nV_x

[see The Scottish Play although this juju also applies to unmentionable aspects of Beat Time...]

OK, that’s funny 😆

• edited September 2018

Stroke Machine
    Synth Q
    BM 3
    Cyclop
    Protein DK

• edited September 2018

Audulus
    Soundscaper
    BM3
    Apematrix
    Quanta

Having only recently upgraded from doing everything on my phone to getting an ipad I've gone through a phase of buying apps much quicker than I can learn how to get the most out of them (my patience is a work in progress) but I'm getting there slowly. Audulus (and modular synthesis in general) is where I've noticed the biggest gaps in my knowledge are but I'm still enjoying it.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@gusgranite said:
    S_nV_x

I have no idea either but maybe it's because it's a 'swiss-army-knife-app' that can do and be almost anything.

The irony here is that when we ask for new app features most can already already be done in SunVox with some creative box-connections and value tweaks :)

Need a 16-oscillator poly-synth consisting of samples, va-oscillators and FM stuff? it can be done!
    Need to use one of those oscillators as audio-rate modulation source? That can be done too.
    Need to add a 'transposable sequence' for any of the voices to add some movement? Check that too.
    Need a super flexible modulation curve? Draw a sample and use that as a value controller.

It's not if it can be done but rather how :D

The 'geek' in me loves SunVox!

• Layr
    Discord 4
    Quanta
    ripple maker
    Synth master one

These are ones I use all the time but haven't invested mastering time in, but have tried to figure out.... Ripple maker is one that I wish I could completely rule but can't quite yet....

• @gusgranite said:
    S_nV_x

Ya I wish I could S_nV_x but I'm not even close, I feel like most videos I watch people dont use the tracker but it looks like there is a horizontal time line at the bottom you can make loops in some how

• GR-16 (just bought)
    Animoog
    Nave
    Stroke Machine
    Synthscaper (might be too soon to say I love it)
    PPG Wavemapper

iWavestation (this is the holy grail)