Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Re1 tape echo looper

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited September 2018
  • @Dawdles said:
    Anyone figured out how to use this as a looper? Sounds cool but I have almost zero understanding/control over what I’m doing ;) Especially in terms of start/stop loop rec...
    Thanks

+1 link transport on will sync to host but yeah, i can't really loop with it without little whooping noises :-) plus i guess there is a minimum of 5ms delay on overdub?

• @[Deleted User] said:

@Dawdles said:
    Anyone figured out how to use this as a looper? Sounds cool but I have almost zero understanding/control over what I’m doing ;) Especially in terms of start/stop loop rec...
    Thanks

+1 link transport on will sync to host but yeah, i can't really loop with it without little whooping noises :-) plus i guess there is a minimum of 5ms delay on overdub?

The most up to date version sets loop delay to 0. I think the whooping noises happen when wow and feedback are both engaged.

• @OscarSouth said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@Dawdles said:
    Thanks

The most up to date version sets loop delay to 0. I think the whooping noises happen when wow and feedback are both engaged.

I think the whooping happens if you stop/start the loop while link transport is active.

• The 'Overdub' button is what turns loop mode on.

The input dial determines how much of the input signal is passed to the looper/echo. So to continue the loop playing but have the input signal bypass the looper (so you can jam along), you turn the input dial down to 0.

You can save the recorded loop.

There was a thread with a video that showed a nice AUM setup for a Frippertronics-like setup that works well with RE-1.

• @Dawdles said:

Sounds promising for sync'd looping :)

Would also love to be able to just hit a record start/stop button and record in to the looper loosely like that. But probably asking too much as the looping seems like more of a bonus feature. It's cool though, some quite interesting stuff coming out of messing with it..

I figured how to import samples via sending an individual file from Files app to re1. Pretty clunky but better than nothing. Files app browsing from inside re1 would be great in future if dev can consider to add it.

Can you save recorded loops as a new sample file? I didn't get a chance to try that and can't find a manual online..

The manual is still a work in progress I'm afraid but like @espiegel123 mentioned, the overdub button essentially puts it from echo mode into looper mode and vice versa.

Another way to do it is to put RE-1 on a send bus, this way you can feed it input from different tracks by using their send controls. Here's a demo

You can save the tape loop from the "WRITE" menu (3rd option)

BTW, the 1.0.2 update should be live now, including a couple of improvements regarding the looping feature.

• @ka010 said:

@Dawdles said:

Sounds promising for sync'd looping :)

Would also love to be able to just hit a record start/stop button and record in to the looper loosely like that. But probably asking too much as the looping seems like more of a bonus feature. It's cool though, some quite interesting stuff coming out of messing with it..

I figured how to import samples via sending an individual file from Files app to re1. Pretty clunky but better than nothing. Files app browsing from inside re1 would be great in future if dev can consider to add it.

Can you save recorded loops as a new sample file? I didn't get a chance to try that and can't find a manual online..

The manual is still a work in progress I'm afraid but like @espiegel123 mentioned, the overdub button essentially puts it from echo mode into looper mode and vice versa.

Another way to do it is to put RE-1 on a send bus, this way you can feed it input from different tracks by using their send controls. Here's a demo

You can save the tape loop from the "WRITE" menu (3rd option)

BTW, the 1.0.2 update should be live now, including a couple of improvements regarding the looping feature.

Thanks. Def not making enough out of this thing. Until now :)

• Update today that allows for zero delay in overdub mode makes this a whole new app for me.

• edited September 2018

@ka010 wow massive update! thanks, I noticed that overdub/looping works in sync using link transport with no whooping noise now :-) but when i stop and playback the overdub there is a delay in the starting point in relation to the host?

• Also, for those of you pining for the iPhone universal version of this... it’s working well in the beta and still coming. Just a few more interface tweaks to tighten up and she’ll be good to go. :)

On a small iPhone SE screen like mine, I prefer to use RE-1 as standalone or IAA in a host.

I don’t know if the sale is still going on, or if it is... how long it lasts...

But, there might still be a 50% sale going on for ALL the Numerical apps including RE-1 and Volt

• edited September 2018
  • edited September 2018

@ka010

Changing bpm of host will cut out the sound of re-1 intermittently with Link transport active. Also the loop is stuck at the recorded tempo, how can i have the loop sync according to host tempo changes? is this possible? many thanks

• @ka010 when mapping a cc button to overdub it doesn’t toggle back. Same for the reverse button. And clear is unmappable. Not sure if this is fixed on update. Great app!

• Mapping ‘Warp’ to a controller is loads more expressive than touching the interface. Enjoyed playing with that today.

• 32bar loop would be awesome though

• Dawdles: if using in echo mode, speed change will only result in pitch shift of the audio recorded before the change.Audio entering after speed change will play back without pitch shift since it is being recorded and played back at same speed.

Of are you experiencing something different?

• edited September 2018
  • Does anyone know how I can have the loop sync according to the host tempo changes please?

• @[Deleted User] said:
    Does anyone know how I can have the loop sync according to the host tempo changes please?

If you turn Time Stretch on and also Link To Transport, it will slow down or speed up loops to match the tempo changes.

• @espiegel123 said:

@[Deleted User] said:
    Does anyone know how I can have the loop sync according to the host tempo changes please?

If you turn Time Stretch on and also Link To Transport, it will slow down or speed up loops to match the tempo changes.

Thanks for the reply, that isn’t working for me. Does it work for you?

• @Dawdles said:

@espiegel123 said:
    Dawdles: if using in echo mode, speed change will only result in pitch shift of the audio recorded before the change.Audio entering after speed change will play back without pitch shift since it is being recorded and played back at same speed.

Of are you experiencing something different?

I’m not sure tbh ;) but it was in Looper mode, then when I went to slow or speed up tape via the delay speed knob it doesn’t permanently alter the speed. Only for a second then it glides back to where it was. Or something along those lines, can’t check to refresh memory atm. Probably user error but just couldn’t get my head around it...

The Delay Time knob only impacts pitch when you are in non-loop mode. In loop mode, manually slowing the tape by touching the reels is the only way I know of changing speed (other than time stretch).

• @[Deleted User] said:

@espiegel123 said:

@[Deleted User] said:

Before I posted, I tried it in AUM. I had a loop playing in RE-1. I had Time Stretch turned on and Link Transport. When I changed AUM's tempo while playing back, the playback speed of the loop changed. I was doing this with a loaded sample. I just re-tested and it looks like it does this with a loaded sample but not a live loop.

• @espiegel123 said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@espiegel123 said:

@[Deleted User] said:

Before I posted, I tried it in AUM. I had a loop playing in RE-1. I had Time Stretch turned on and Link Transport. When I changed AUM's tempo while playing back, the playback speed of the loop changed. I was doing this with a loaded sample. I just re-tested and it looks like it does this with a loaded sample but not a live loop.

Ok thanks for the intel, I was in AUM trying to sync with live looping so that’s where the difference is when the host tempo changes.